15.05.09

Social Events Of The Week

“Night At The Museum: Battle Of The Smithsonian” Washington Premiere

Amy Adams wore a RM by Roland Mouret Fall 2009 gown, for her premiere.

I love the pin-tuck detailing, and the pale lilac colour against her porcelain skin, but her hair isn’t glowing like it normally does.

The Caudwell Children Butterfly Ball, London

Elizabeth Hurley wore a silk Salvatore Ferragamo Spring 2009 pink strapless gown, which was gathered above the waist with a circular clasp.

She kept her jewelery to a minimum, with a silver bracelet which matched her VBH envelope clutch.

“Seven Days” Tokyo Stage Greeting, Japan

It’s just not fair that Yunjin Kim looks so flawless with such minimal make-up.

The Lost actress opted for a black Gucci Spring 2009 asymmetrical dress, which like Liz’ gown, was gathered at the waist with a gold clasp.

Gucci Iman metallic T-strap sandals from the Fall 2009 collection, complete the look.

46664 & The Nelson Mandela Foundation Launches “Mandela Day”, LA

Marisa Tomei never fails to pull out all the stops on the red carpet, but this outfit doesn’t completely work for me. I love how she’s working the 80s shoulder pads in her blazer, but I’m not so crazy about the pants.

The masculine suit is made demure by a tidy up-do, and a sheer blouse.

“Late Show with David Letterman”, New York

Teri Hatcher opted for a classic, figure-hugging Moschino Cheap and Chic black strapless crepe dress with microdots.

This is a classic case of making a big statement with a simple LBD.

Source & Source

14 Comments
In Victoria Beckham's Closet - Stella McCartney Jeans

In Victoria Beckham’s Closet – Stella McCartney Jeans

Eurovision Song Contest Moscow 2009 Press Conference & Semi Finals

Eurovision Song Contest Moscow 2009 Press Conference & Semi Finals

14 Responses to Social Events Of The Week

1. robbie May 15, 2009 at 15:54 #

wow so many bad outfits.

amy, looks like an old woman!

liz, plain and boring!

yunjin, black dress automatically boring!

marisa, shoulder pads were left way back in the 80s for a reason!

teri, black dress and black shoes. all she is missing are a pair of black tights!

2. Marianna May 15, 2009 at 16:05 #

Teri needs to stop with the botox and plastic surgery, her eyes are terribly stretched! It’s so beautiful when people get older with dignity… Look at Diane Von Furstenberg, for example.

3. Ling May 15, 2009 at 16:07 #

Hmm I agree about Amy Adams, I prefer her with longer lighter hair – this hairstyle ages her, along with the dress.

4. Raquel May 15, 2009 at 16:11 #

Amy’s hair is not red enough for that lilac dress, but what a gorgeous piece.

Yunjim Kim is flawless. Gorgeous.

FC, have seen Tild AMAZING editorial for AnotherMagazine? My jaw dropped on the floor. Here is a link, she is on the first page, click on “see images” on the top right corner.

The woman is a tour de force.

5. Fashion Critic May 15, 2009 at 16:16 #

hey Raquel, I featured that back in March

I love my Tilda, I don’t miss a beat as far as she is concerned :)

6. Raquel May 15, 2009 at 16:20 #

Whoa, how did I miss that??? I LOVE Tilda. JHust love her.

7. Mira May 15, 2009 at 16:29 #

eeeh! wtf were they thinking! i usualy love elizabeth hurley but that dress does not fit right! its called sizzors and thread people!

8. WendyB May 15, 2009 at 16:59 #

I would say Marisa’s sheer top is not demure, but rather sexy!

9. Ally May 15, 2009 at 17:51 #

I love Amy Adams, but whoever did her makeup should be fired immediately. She looks like a child who got into her mother’s makeup and went a little overboard. Plus the lipstick is completely wrong for the dress. She should have done a nude instead.

10. Nicole May 15, 2009 at 19:45 #

the only thing i like here are those fab gold gucci heels.
    the rest is all blah. liz and Amy made some bad dress choices.

11. Sue Jin May 15, 2009 at 23:46 #

Amy Adams look dull. She just doesn’t look so happy to be there.

Everyone looks nice. Nothing stands out in particular to me.

YunJin does look beautiful with bare makeup

12. SarahV May 16, 2009 at 12:15 #

Teri’s wearing the same shoes Kim Kardashian wore to the Herve Leger gathering a few days ago! They’re deffo no Trib Twos indeed!

13. Anonymous May 16, 2009 at 20:21 #

Just don’t like Teri’s look…she’s too thin to wear all black like this…

14. whitestroke May 26, 2009 at 19:53 #

Amy Adams is so adorable here!

I kinda like this outfit on Marisa Tomei. Haha.