15.05.09

2009 Cannes Film Festival – “Bright Star” Premiere

I was quietly hoping Eva Longoria would wow me at Cannes Film Festival, and she has.

The Desperate Housewives star is at the film festival with the L’Oreal team, but she stands out amongst everyone else wearing an ice blue Atelier Versace Spring 2009 gown.

The gown has embroidered studded details, and a stunning shimmering train.

As Just Me said earlier, what a week for Haute Couture.

This is a big gown for petite actress, but she carries it off very well.

She wore her gown with stunning jewels, and dove grey YSL Trib Two’s.

You may remember in her Harper’s Bazaar Singapore interview that she said she owned them in every colour.

I kinda feel sorry for Abbie Cornish.

This was her movie premiere, her night to shine, but she got upstaged by Eva Longoria.

Her Fall 2009 gown, by Australian designer Toni Maticevski isn’t too bad, I love the colour, and it’s quite dramatic with the ruffles, tiers and pleats.

Good choice.

Actress Gabrielle Lazure arrived wearing a very sophisticated Moschino Fall 2009 dress.

This dress is a 2 in one piece.

Underneath it’s a simple simple crepe dress with a tie, but the magic happens with the organza overlay, as it has a red floral print.

Juliette Binoche graced the red carpet wearing a deep purple taffeta strapless Lanvin gown.

I love details on the bodice, and that she kept her décolletage bare, but I’m not so crazy about the floral hair accessory.

I just want to know why?

Why not invite Camilla Belle, Freida Pinto?

Why Phoebe Price?

She’s not a serious actress and she’s definitely not a L’Oreal girl, so I need to know why she is there.

The only thing I can relate to here, is her Mont Charles clutch.

Free Image Hosting at www.ImageShack.us Free Image Hosting at www.ImageShack.us Free Image Hosting at www.ImageShack.us Free Image Hosting at www.ImageShack.us Free Image Hosting at www.ImageShack.us Free Image Hosting at www.ImageShack.us

Source & Source

Next Post

Next Post

Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet

Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet

19 Responses to 2009 Cannes Film Festival – “Bright Star” Premiere

1. Nicole May 15, 2009 at 19:41 #

STUNNING… that collection was amazing and she really did the dress justice.. Eva worked it!!

I cant believe Phoebe Price walked the same carpet as this … thats revolting.

2. Kelly May 15, 2009 at 19:44 #

I’m actually extremely disappointed that Eva wore that gown. I think she does not do it justice at all, as I personally think she makes most of her looks look far less refined than they normally would appear.

Beyond that, it doesn’t even seem to fit correctly, especially at the bust area.

I wish someone with more class and a more statuesque look had worn this.

3. CaligirL May 15, 2009 at 19:57 #

Eva’s gown is simply beautiful, and she looks amazing in it, definately a best dressed!!

4. Anonymous May 15, 2009 at 20:12 #

I like the Versace dress, just not on her. As you said fashion critic, she is petite and I hate is when she wears big dramatic dresses like that, she just doesn’t make the dress look as good as it is imo.

5. Fashionista Chick May 15, 2009 at 20:12 #

Eva looks excellent ..Atelier Versace collection is exquisite ,Last year also Anne Hathaway glowed in Versace gown,I am hoping to see more of this collection on the Red carpet…Cannes rock…

6. Ally May 15, 2009 at 20:13 #

I am SO upset that Eva wore that dress. I have been waiting and waiting to see who would get to wear the stunning pieces from Versace’s line and everyone is disappointing me. Eva is way too short for that dress and just ruins it :(. Don’t get me wrong, Eva is very pretty, but no petite woman should wear that dress. And don’t even get me started on what Jessica Biel did to her red one a few weeks ago…

7. André May 15, 2009 at 20:27 #

I loved the entire Atelier Versace collection (especially that red dress that Emma Roberts just RUINED for me).

Eva Longoria is a beautiful woman and I love her but I don’t find that she gives me the “wow” I was hoping to get when I saw someone in this dress.

The gown is absolutely stunning, though.

8. just me May 15, 2009 at 20:37 #

Yeah, she´s kind of short for it, but she looks pretty good, letting the magnificient gown speak for itself wearing minimal make-up and little earrings. I think I have never seen her looking that good and fashionable. She usually looks like a beauty pageant.

9. Ling May 15, 2009 at 23:37 #

Eva looks gorgeous in the Versace dress but I’m not sure if it’s just the angle of the photo, but the top half of the dress doesn’t seem to fit as well with the bottom voluminous part as it does with the model. Abbie Cornish’s dress looks gorgeous from the waist up; all the extra fabric on the bottom part of the gown looks a bit messy to me.

10. Georgia Maude May 16, 2009 at 00:53 #

Oh, you have to love Phoebe Price’s harmless comic relief and, besides, you’ve already featured her twice from this trip to Cannes! She’s the queen of “any press is good press” and because she’s so galling she’s become someone who always gets photographed.

11. r1ma May 16, 2009 at 01:55 #

eva does not have the height to pull off this dress

the proportions are ruined

ruined i tell you!

12. Anonymous May 16, 2009 at 02:36 #

Abbie Cornish looks absolutely stunning- that colour is gorgeous on her, and the details on the dress are beautiful. There is no way I think Eva upstaged her! Abbie looks effortless, Eva always looks so “done”- she makes an exquisite gown look, dare I say it, “cheap”…

(I don’t mean “cheap” as in slutty, I mean in terms of expence-she just always looks so suburban to me…)

13. Nili May 16, 2009 at 08:29 #

eva is just not tall enough for that gown, and the fit is wrong. what a waste.

14. Vania May 16, 2009 at 09:08 #

Abbie Cornish wore a purple gown from Aussie designer Tony Maticevski’s A/W 09 collection

15. Fashion Critic May 16, 2009 at 09:10 #

thanks so much Vania

16. Allthingsbollywood May 16, 2009 at 13:00 #

I love love love Eva’s gown. She truly outshines everyone. Wonder how she walked in this extremely difficult to carry gown!

17. robbie May 16, 2009 at 21:10 #

eva, i loved this dress but on her im unsure she is really short and it is a big dress. i do love the colour on her though, i would die to have that dress!

abbie, looks like a pretty flower. the colour and everything is perfect. love the simple accessories.

gabrielle, this is a little too casual for cannes in my opinion. plus the shoes not really wowed.

juliette, i liked it but the flowers just wow its bad, i think the one little flower would have been nice though.

phoebe, OH MY GOD when i saw her i almost pissed myself laughing, it is such a trashy mess. the cleavage showing, sequins, OTT hair accessories. looks like she is going to a chavvy funeral.

18. Boeshane August 31, 2009 at 21:59 #

Just saw a TV report about Phoebe Price.

Apparently, noone invite her : it’s her 70 year old mum who call all the studios and organizers of red carpet event to find her an invitation.

It’s crazy, really.

• Fashion Critic August 31, 2009 at 22:04 #

I’m not surprised by this information.

I can’t really see anyone inviting her to any events, she lowers the tone