14.05.09

2009 Cannes Film Festival – "Spring Fever" Premiere

Elizabeth Banks has really upped the ante for her first Cannes Film Festival.

No disrespect to her, but I didn’t know she had this in her. She’s seriously blowing me away.

The red Armani Prive gown, was stunning, but then you shouldn’t go wrong with Couture.

This Andrew GN Fall 2009 navy sequined gown is outstanding. Again she is channeling old Hollywood, and the hair is the similar to last night, but I can’t find a single fault.

Love the bare neck, the simple black rose cuffs on her wrists, and the Daniel Swarovski clutch.

If felt slightly underwhelmed by Aishwarya Rai’s white Cavalli gown yesterday, but I guess she was only warming up because she brought her A game tonight, looking dazzlingly radiant wearing a one-shouldered baby blue Elie Saab Spring 2009 Couture gown.

Thank god for Cannes. Only day two I loving it more than the Oscars and Costume Institute Gala red carpet looks combined.

Tan Zhuo arrived wearing a white Roberto Cavalli Spring 2009 strapless gown.

I’m so glad that Tan decided to wear this gown, because mostly the shorter dresses made the red carpet from this collection.

But my problem with Tan’s gown, is that it’s lost all it pizazz, as the ruffled skirt is so flat and lifeless to how it was presented on the runway.

French actress Julie Gayet is very elegant in her black satin YSL Resort 2009 gown. A black velvet bow, and Boucheron earrings complete the sophisticated look.

Actress Maria Jurado wore a simple black Fendi strapless dress, with a black belt from the Spring 2009 collection.

She teamed her dress with taupe Fendi bow-front peep-toes, which makes her look overall more interesting.

Devon Aoki is giving Elizabeth Banks some serious competition for Best Dressed of the Week.

Tonight the model/actress wore a custom violet silk chiffon one-shoulder Alberta Ferretti gown, with a Swarovski clutch.

For the second night in a row she’s flawless, and it’s so effortless for her.

Seriously WHO INVITED THIS WOMAN?

I have been so excited by the great start to Cannes Film Festival, then Phoebe Price makes an appearance on the red carpet.

What is this some kind of joke?

Free Image Hosting at www.ImageShack.us Free Image Hosting at www.ImageShack.us Free Image Hosting at www.ImageShack.us Free Image Hosting at www.ImageShack.us Free Image Hosting at www.ImageShack.us

Source & Source

Maxim's 10th Annual Hot 100 Celebration

Maxim’s 10th Annual Hot 100 Celebration

Runway To "Air Doll" Premiere - Bae Doo-na In Christian Dior

Runway To "Air Doll" Premiere – Bae Doo-na In Christian Dior

28 Responses to 2009 Cannes Film Festival – "Spring Fever" Premiere

1. CaligirL May 14, 2009 at 18:29 #

Phoebe looks like she’s going to a Halloween party, LOL!!

2. Anonymous May 14, 2009 at 18:30 #

LMAO…sorry FC

3. robbie May 14, 2009 at 18:32 #

who the f*ck invited this tranny. seriously she looks like she is going to a drag queen convension lmao.

her tan looks funny, either that or she has alot of freckles.

4. Nicole May 14, 2009 at 18:34 #

HIDEOUS. she needs to be banned from evry red carpet cause she is painful to look at
    this is a hot mess x 10000000

5. Alicia May 14, 2009 at 18:40 #

Yeah…there are also pictures of her posing on some random Cannes street in “a dress of her own design.” It’s desperation at its finest.

6. Fashionista Chick May 14, 2009 at 18:44 #

Seriously who invited her…..Oh my EYES…..

7. WendyB May 14, 2009 at 18:57 #

If Phoebe was invited but my idol Coco was not, I’m going to be spitting mad!

8. robbie May 14, 2009 at 18:58 #

wow elizabeth looks hot, so nice to have a good dress to look at after that distater with the drag queen.

i love everything the dress, the hair, the make-up, the accessories. P-E-R-F-E-C-T-I-O-N!

9. robbie May 14, 2009 at 19:13 #

aishwarya, wow this is just amazing, she looks so muc better than yesterday.

i feel so sorry for them having to be on the same red carpet as the drag queen.

10. Fashionista Chick May 14, 2009 at 19:18 #

I totally Agree with you FC..Aishwarya is looking gorgeous..head to toe..including her hair..

Elizabeth Banks is on a roll…this gown fits her so well…But still I prefer her yesterday’s look…

11. Moi May 14, 2009 at 19:31 #

Why does she get invited and not you (or me lol) ????!!!!
    I like Elizabeth Banks dress, I get the old Hollywood feeling, but I think it would have looked better on someone with darker hair (maybe Asia Argento).

12. Anonymous May 14, 2009 at 19:33 #

elizabeth banks is just WOW! She is the best dressed of the week for me, I don’t even have to see other people’s dresses to decide.

13. Ling May 14, 2009 at 19:38 #

I agree with you FC … I was totally underwhelmed by the Oscars and the Costume Institute Gala, but Aishwarya and Elizabeth are more than making up for it now! (excluding Phoebe of course)

14. nm1991 May 14, 2009 at 20:26 #

Elizabeth Banks is my new girl crush, she always looks so well putt together, there is just something about her that makes my jaw dropp in envy because shes so gorgeous,

15. Vera May 14, 2009 at 21:06 #

Love the dress of Devon Aoki, love the colour of it, but her hairstyle and her make up… A no-no for me.

16. robbie May 14, 2009 at 21:09 #

tan, the dress is gorgeous on the runway, but the dress is very dull on her, its flat and lifeless, plus the necklace just ruins the who outfit.

devon, i love it all, BUT she could atleast smile though.

alberta ferretti is slowly becoming one of my favourite designers.

17. Anonymous May 14, 2009 at 22:01 #

Woah some serious high fashion parade here, but then Phoebe Price had to come along and ruin it.
    Damn it would have been great if Shu Qi came to this premiere, i would have loved to see what she would have worn.

Btw I actually prefer Tan Zhou’s modified gown as there is too much fro fro on the runway version and looks a bit too busy.

I smell tough competition from Devon Aoki and Elizabeth Banks, bring it on though, its good for all of us!

Could you also ID/feature the Spring Fever Photocall please.

Btw I know this is off topic but have you seen pics of the 2009 Classical Brit Awards which was held today (14th May)? Myleene Klass and Katherine Jenkins looked great.

Good luck with IDing red carpet looks for the rest of the festival and thanks!

Melissa

18. Fashion Critic May 14, 2009 at 22:10 #

I like a bit of fro fro me ;)

19. Danielle May 14, 2009 at 22:31 #

I think Olga Kurylenko wore that YSL gown waaay better than Julie Gayet.

I’m loving Tan Zhuo’s gown! Va va va voom!

20. Julia May 14, 2009 at 22:48 #

Yh I agree with Danielle, and at least Olga didn’t opt for boring black. Also what the heck is Phoebe wearing? Could you ID this FC,as I would love to know and laugh aloud who made this hot mess and let it see living daylight lol.

Also, FC when you have time can you feature and ID the Classical Brit Awards 2009 as Melissa mentioned earlier, as i had a quick look and looks promising.

21. Mira May 14, 2009 at 23:18 #

love the elie saab.totally adore him.and i have to say the asians are bringing it!

FC as for Tan Zhuo’s dress, yes i agree i love the puffier version better, but i like the way it is on her. she’s so delicate and ithink it wouldve been too much for her.

22. zoe aka drinkupthefashion May 15, 2009 at 00:46 #

hahahahahahaha! i love your reaction to seeing phoebe price on the red carpet. :D hilarious! she looks crazy…but i’m so used to it by now that i don’t care…but seriously–who DID invite her?

devon aoki….wow. STUNNING. F to the L to the A to the W to the less. flawwwwwwlesssss.

right now in the devon aoki vs. elizabeth banks battle i’m leaning toward the aoki side because she just looks so effortlessly perfect. when i first saw banks andrew gn look i cringed. only after reading your description did i start to like the look…but i think it’s just so…in your face? i don’t know. i’m just liking devon much better so far. but that could change.

i love that fendi outfit. the belt is definitely the centerpiece.

23. Leo May 15, 2009 at 02:24 #

Elizabeth Banks looks fantastic, but her hips are a bit big in that dress. Is she going to be the Eva Longoria of this years festival?

Aishwarya Rai makes her Elie Saab gown look like a bridesmaid’s dress. I think Elie’s dresses are a bit dangerous because they can go tacky or diva and to me Aishwarya did the first. She also picked one of the most uninspired pieces from such a gorgeous collection.

I love Tan Zhuo’s dress but like you said, the ruffled skirt lost some of it’s life. But her necklace is an amazing choice for that look.

24. olivia May 15, 2009 at 04:45 #

If Elizabeth continues like this she might become my new girl crush! Temporary of course, nobody could ever beat out Cate Blanchett or Diane Kruger!

25. Fashion Critic May 15, 2009 at 07:56 #

Olivia, same here, but like you said only temporarily ;)

26. Raquel May 15, 2009 at 15:55 #

Elizabeth Banks rose cuffs are to die for. FC, do you know where are they from?

27. Lala/S-R May 19, 2009 at 17:55 #

Elizabeth Banks look so damn GREAT!!

28. whitestroke May 26, 2009 at 17:51 #

Has Elizabeth Banks ever looked better? I don’t think so. Wow. What a fusion of elegance and edginess.

Not impressed by Aishwarya Rai, though.

I actually prefer that dress on Tan Zhuo. Asians can do no wrong in my eyes these days. The dress is the same. The skirt looks like it’s got more volume on the runway because Natasha is walking and the air is blowing in the ruffles. But I really like the way it falls on Tan.

I prefer this look on Devon Aoki over the Roberto Cavalli one.