11.05.09

“Rock To Erase MS” Red Carpet

WOW. This red strapless Farah Angsana Fall 2009 gown, is so far away from the Kristin Cavallari we’re used to seeing on the red carpet.

This is what happens when a reality TV star takes herself out of her comfort “uniform” zone of Herve Leger and Trib Two’s, and tries something different.

Melissa George picked a cream leather Hervé Léger by Max Azria Spring 2009 dress, with an airbrush print. This is very different from the bandage dresses we are used to seeing from Max Azria.

The panel down the front, helps give her the illusion of a very tiny waist.

Angie Harmon wore a Moschino Spring 2009 black and taupe sleeveless dress, with a cute ruffled neckline, and chiffon floral appliqués around the waist.

Her look was complete with very sexy strappy sandals.

One thing I will say about Avril Lavigne, is that she hasn’t dialed down her look since getting married.

Jessica Biel, Rachel Bilson, and even the hottest chick on the planet Adrian Lima, all dialed down their looks once becoming part of a couple.

That being said, it’s not the best dress on this red carpet, which further proves she hasn’t changed a bit.

Yes we have all given credit to Kim Kardashian toning down her trashy ways, but in this grey jersey dress, she’s totally muted.

Loving the nude lips though.

Jessica Lowndes wore silver accessories with her Rebecca Taylor green strapless dress, which had a ruffled detail on the skirt.

Jewel’s foot has finally healed, so now she can walk the red carpet unaided. Woohoo for her.

Like Jessica, silver accessories were used to punch up her purple tiered mini silk organza Tadashi Shoji Fall 2009 dress with tiered skirt dress.

Amanda Bynes wore a white dress, which is cute enough, but I can’t help but always be so bored by her. Her look is so formulaic, and it all starts with the hair.

She completes her look with gold tribute sandals.

Source

Runway To "Linate Airport" - Victoria Beckham In Victoria Beckham Collection

Runway To "Linate Airport" – Victoria Beckham In Victoria Beckham Collection

Runway To Photo Shoot - Lady Gaga In Balmain

Runway To Photo Shoot – Lady Gaga In Balmain

7 Responses to “Rock To Erase MS” Red Carpet

1. Nik May 11, 2009 at 13:01 #

I disagree with your comment on Avril Lavigne.

Remember the neck ties? Remember the “I don’t care” ‘tude? Remember her wearing all black all the time?

There was a time when we would never have dreamed of seeing Avril in pink, purple or a dress.
    And now, you can add sequins and cutesey bow shoes to the list.

Darn Stepfords don’t ever miss anyone.

2. Fashion Critic May 11, 2009 at 13:06 #

LOL @ Nik.

Before she got married she started wearing lots of Betsey Johnson cutesy dresses, that is the period I was thinking of when I wrote this, but your point is very valid. :)

3. robbi May 11, 2009 at 13:32 #

kristin, damn i want that dress. that is a seriously sexy dress, love it.

melissa, i feel terrible saying this but i actually like that dress *washes me out with soap*.

angie, damn i love all of this! so god damn hot. that dress is stunning.

avril, well least she hasnt became dull and boring like the other married/dating celebs. gotta lvoe her for that the dress is cute but a new hairstyle wouldnt be too much to ask for would it?

kim, *cries* this makes me sad she is soooo dull now. the make-up is flawless though.

lessica, LOVE IT ALL! i adore green and silver together.

jewel, its okay but nothing wowed me to be 100% honest, i love her shoes though they look cute.

amanda, oh how boring can she be. white and orange do not go together. hair is dull, shoes are predictable.

4. Ling May 11, 2009 at 16:06 #

I really like Melissa George’s dress, it was a good pick; I’m quite surprised that it’s a Herve Leger dress! Angie Harmon looks great too.

5. Lauren May 11, 2009 at 16:11 #

Kristin looks amazing in this dress! It looks great on her, the whole look is flawless!

Melissa also looks amazing! I would have never guessed this dress was Herve Leger.

Angie looks hot! The dress is gorgeous and those shoes are so sexy! I want them!!

Avril. Eugh I hate Avrils style and this outfit is no exception. She always looks like she is on her way to some school prom. And that hair… got to go.

Not gonna commet on Kims dress. But I am gonna comment on how gorgeous and flawless her make-up is! How can she get such amazing makeup?

Jessica look is great. Love the dress and the accessories go brilliant.

Jewel is someone else whose style I have never really liked. She rarely looks bad, but she never really wows me, and never wears anything that stand out for me. Or rarely.

Amanda looks cute but as you said her look is so formulatic. Its always the same: middle parted hair normally with slight curls. Mini-dress that shows off legs. Clutch. Heels. I think that she should go back to brunette. It would help make a huge difference to her look. She always looked brunette anyway.

6. AvrilRocks!!! May 11, 2009 at 17:12 #

Avril Lavigne looks AWESOME!!!!She keeps re-inventing herself with each album..from neckties, to tutu’s to mini plaid skirts…….she has changed her hairstyle now….and her heels are ADORABLE.
    One thing i can say about her is that she can pull off a look which sometimes others cannot.

Angie, Jessica and Jewel look Fabulous too! :D

7. Danika May 13, 2009 at 13:51 #

Melissa George looks amazing, love the dress