10.05.09

White House Correspondents’ Association Dinner

What a magnificent way to start the week, with an amazing burst of colour.

Michelle Obama wore a Michael Kors magenta wool crepe gown, with an exquisite necklace, which had a magenta matching floral piece.

This is the second time within a week, Mrs. Obama has worn Michael Kors. The black gown she wore to the TIME 100 Gala last Tuesday in New York, was also by the American designer.

Kerry Washington arrived wearing a navy blue pleated J.Mendel Fall 2009 strapless gown, with stunning gold accessories.

The gown had a tiered peplum at the waist, and a mermaid hem.

I don’t think this is the most flattering dress for Kerry – especially from the long shot – but she still makes it work.

This taupe one-shouldered Versace Pre-Fall 2009 gown is simply gorgeous, as it skims the well toned body of Demi Moore.

Her look was complete with a matching Roger Vivier clutch, with sparkles with the embellished details on her gown.

Katie Holmes opted an ivory ensemble, including a blazer, satin top, and full-length skirt, from her co-designed Holmes-Yang collection.

Her event appropriate look was accented with gold Boucheron accessories.

Eva Longoria wore a frothy gown, with tiny spaghetti straps in this seasons hottest colour -nude.

The Ports 1961 gown is outstanding, but it feels like it’s completely swamping Eva’s tiny frame.

Mariska Hargitay wore an off-the-shoulder Carolina Herrera Spring 2009 black, white and grey lace chiffon gown, covered in floral appliqués.

Her sweeping updo, gave this gown the final touch of elegance, to complete this perfect look.

Alicia Keys wore a black and white Narciso Rodriguez Spring 2009 cocktail dress, with the signature black criss cross detail on the bodice.

Alicia lets the dress speak for itself, by only adding a black clutch to complete her look.

Amber Tamblyn would have been the center of attraction, wearing a vivid red Carolina Herrera Spring 2009 gown.

I love the way the ruffles cascade down the gown, plus the ruby drop earrings, but she lets herself down with her hair.

Natalie Portman wore a very interesting black Balenciaga Fall 2004 halter-neck gown.

The halter part is attached to the rest of the dress with 2 very thin straps.

Keisha Whitaker arrived with her husband Forest Whitaker, also wearing a vivid red gown, from the Badgley Mischka Pre-Fall 2009 collection.

Rashida Jones wore a LBD with flutter sleeves, and a ruffled detail going across the skirt.

She completes her look with a silver jewels, and Manolo Blahnik Pepe sandals.

Say what you want about Donatella Versace, for me she’s always impeccable.

This outstanding paillette covered nude self designed halter gown, is case in point. Already a contender for Best Dressed Of The Week.

Elizabeth Banks opted for a very subtle, understated look, wearing a teal one-shouldered Alberta Ferretti gown, accented with a silver bejeweled belt, which matched her leaf earrings and box clutch.

Tyra Banks’ look was too office chic for me. In a room full of luscious gowns, I expected much more from her.

I will say that her hair is a huge improvement from the Met Gala last week.

Glenn Close was so graceful wearing a white Giorgio Armani Spring 2005 gown, covered with black Asian text.

Wanda Sykes was one of the guest speakers of the night. She arrived in a navy blue silk suit, and her trademark hairstyle.

She had the guests rolling on the floor with laughter with her risky jokes. You can watch the video’s here.

Source

Best Dressed Of The Week - Camilla Belle In Gucci

Best Dressed Of The Week – Camilla Belle In Gucci

Who Wore Christian Dior Better? Emma Roberts, Leigh Lezark or Tinsley Mortimer

Who Wore Christian Dior Better? Emma Roberts, Leigh Lezark or Tinsley Mortimer

21 Responses to White House Correspondents’ Association Dinner

1. Anonymous May 10, 2009 at 19:55 #

Natalie’s dress is Balenciaga FW04, Diane Kruger wore it in 2004 and Ashley Olsen wore it in paris in October 2006.

2. Dorian Gray May 10, 2009 at 19:58 #

Donatella puts Italian Design into Heaven!
    She’s wonderful! Already my Best dressed of the week!

3. David May 10, 2009 at 20:02 #

Michelle necklace is waaaay too fabulous!
    In case you want to add it to your post, Demi is wearing Versace. Check the Pre-Fall collection if you want to be comletely sure.

4. David May 10, 2009 at 20:06 #

Oh, and I love Katie’s look! Nice to see her looking really polished. IMO, this is how a light summer ensemble should be worn – Katie does it better than Kate Hudson last week.

5. Fashion Critic May 10, 2009 at 20:18 #

Thanks so much anonyomus 19:55.

I can’t link style.com from my blackberry, but I will update later.

Thanks again.

6. Kiran_Sooknandan May 10, 2009 at 20:19 #

Hey F.C,

Glen Close is wearing Armani from the spring 2005 RTW collection:

7. robbie May 10, 2009 at 20:20 #

michelle, WOW that is a burst of colour for sure, but the necklace is what i am loving, it is stunning.

demi, the dress is stunning, and her tan is perfect. but what i want to know is what she uses for her hair, it always looks so thick and gorgeous.

katie, i have to laugh at that picture. it looks like father and daughter rather than husband and wife, her outfit is nice.

eva, the dress is stunning but it looks strange on her, she is a little too small to wear it in my opinion.

mariska, well the dress is stunning and so is she, but its so boring she always seems to wear carlina herrera.

alicia, she looks hot but a new hairstyle wouldnt be too much to ask for.

amber, the hair looks it, the dress is gorgeous though.

natalie, WOW one wrong move and those thin straps would burst, but she looks nice, shame it is black though.

keisha, the dress is nice, love the colour but its a little plain.

rashida, hmmm black and boring, shoes are nice though.

donatella, HOT HOT HOT HOT HOT HOT HOT HOT HOT HOT HOT HOT! LOVE IT!

elizabeth, im a little unsure about this its nice but im not lking those earrings.

tyra, WOW not a sight of tranny too be seen, shocking! she looks nice but i would have expected her too go all dramatic with this event.

glenn, stunning as always, i adore that dress but damn she looks so young she is just amazing.

WANDA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I FRICKIN LOVE HER! she is one of my role models, she is just hilarous god i adore her! she looks really good, never expected you to post anything about her ever.

8. Anonymous May 10, 2009 at 20:34 #

I like Katie Holmes’s ensemble! She looks pretty!
    But Eva doesn’t look good at all. HEr dress is so strange!

9. Fashion Critic May 10, 2009 at 20:37 #

Thanks for filling in the gaps guys. Always appreciated.

10. Rephael May 10, 2009 at 21:55 #

I found the pictures of Mariska hargitay simply stunning. The actress always surprise me. She can dress up a bag of garbage that is still beautiful.

11. Nicole May 10, 2009 at 22:05 #

wow great looks.. my best dressed wud have to be these ladies
    Mrs O – love the colour and the necklace is amazing!!!
    Demi and Katie both work their looks.
    Alicia, Natalie and Donatella are also my other favs

12. Lisa May 11, 2009 at 00:28 #

omg I’m in LOVE with Donatella’s dress!
    and what a body that woman has!

13. Anonymous May 11, 2009 at 01:01 #

Katie Holmes is wearing the EXACT same outfit the 76 year old mother of the bride wore to the wedding I went to this weekend. What happened to all her cute sexiness? She’s lost it all in such a short time.

It’s so sad that she’s allowed Tom to turn her into a middle-aged frump just in the hopes it will make him look less old in comparison.

14. Trixy May 11, 2009 at 01:26 #

demi and donatella are my faves

15. Raquel May 11, 2009 at 04:49 #

Michelle looks fab. LOVE the color, the necklace, everything. Ahem, no cardigan.

Demi looks great and I agree about Donatella.

Not sure about Alicia, a bit too sexy for the event? Rashida a bit too casual?

Tom Cruise may be one of a kind, but he is always impeccably dressed.

16. Vania May 11, 2009 at 08:06 #

Katie wore sandals from azzedine alaia
    but in gold..

17. Ling May 11, 2009 at 09:30 #

My favourites from this event are Demi Moore (of course!), Natalie Portman (so simple yet stunning) and Elizabeth Banks (ditto). Special mention for Glenn Close too – she must be 60+ yet no bingo wings!! Michelle Obamam looks lovely but is it me or do her eyebrow look way too arched?

18. just me May 11, 2009 at 12:01 #

Glenn looks really good.

Mrs. O looks fantastic in that color.

Just NO to Katie. Dress your age, sweetie.

Natalie is one of the most beautiful human being around and the Balenciaga is classy but sassy.

Lizzie Banks and Demi are basically wearing the same gown. Not pictured here, but Kerry Washington wore something very similar to this event. They all look decent, but it´s like Zzzzzzzzz…

Amber is ruining that CH and Maryska is not woring hers either. A NY socialite wore it to the Met gala last week and looked amazing.

Eva is so beautiful but she never finds the right dress.

I like my Tyra totally over the top, so this is a letdown, while Donatella never disappoints. One great gown after another.

Overall, this has to be one of the best dressed events of the year.

19. Anonymous May 13, 2009 at 21:29 #

Wow! I loved the dress of Mariska Hargitay. She is sexy. And your smile afflicting my poor heart in love.

20. robbie May 14, 2009 at 17:33 #

wow i just watched the video of wanda, wow! she really was saying some very risky jokes lmao. but damn you have to love her for having the guts to come out with that stuff.

21. whitestroke May 18, 2009 at 21:34 #

Demi’s Versace gown was one of those rare Versace dresses that I fell in love with from the first moment I saw it. But I’m not so much in love with it on Demi. I can’t explain. She looks amazing, but she’s not the kind of person I expected to see it on.

It’s interesting we had some older collections here.