08.05.09

Social Events Of The Week

Operation Smile Presents the 2009 Smile Event, New York

Ciara wore an ensemble from the Halston Fall 2009 collection, consisting of grey genie pants, a silk tuxedo jacket, and a python scarf.

The scarf is the very strong stand-out piece of this look, which I never expected to see on the red carpet, but Ciara makes it work.

Her look was completed with a pair of fierce multi-strappy Emilio Pucci Fall 2009 heels.

InStyle Hair Issue Launch Party, New York

Ali Larter is very pretty in pink wearing a Notte by Marchesa strapless silk ruffle dress, with black strappy sandals.

The dress is youthful, cute, and sassy, but I would’ve loved to have seen someone like Selena Gomez, or Miley Cyrus wear this dress.

Lisa Edelstein also wore a strapless Notte by Marchesa dress.

Her metallic animal print dress, had a black chiffon overlay, and was accented with a gold woven tie at her waist.

She completed her look with taupe Fendi bow-front peep-toes.

Socialite Olivia Palermo, adds some oomph to her patterned organza Notte by Marchesa tank dress with a black sequined Diane von Furstenberg jacket, and T-bar shoes.

“Management” Screening, New York

*sighs & gives up*

Jennifer Aniston walked the red carpet at this event which was co-hosted by Tommy Hilfiger wearing a grey dress, grey tights, and grey booties.

OK it’s not black, but it might as well be. The dress is actually quite sexy, but the all over grey just makes this looks soooooo boring.

“The Brothers Bloom” Screening, New York

Rachel Weisz went for a low key, yet still very feminine look, wearing a 3.1 Phillip Lim Fall 2009 printed dress, which was ruched down the front

She paired her dress with a gold box clutch, and black Jimmy Choo strappy sandals.

11th Annual “Tribute To The Human Spirit” Awards Gala, LA

Mark & Spencer’s campaign girl Myleene Klass, wore an electric blue Preen Line Tricks cotton drill dress, which hugged every inch of her curves, which she’s so rightfully proud of.

“Love & Dancing” LA Premiere

Amy Smart is wearing a geometric print Halston Fall 2009 asymmetrical dress. This dress may have cost hundreds of dollars, but unfortunately she make is look very bargain basement.

2009 Rainforest Alliance Gala, New York

Gisele Bundchen was a vision of pure gorgeousness, wearing a gunmetal grey backless Versace gown, which plunged so wickedly.

The orange earrings really pop.

Source

Ayelet Zurer's "Angels & Demons" Rome & Japan Premiere Looks

Ayelet Zurer’s “Angels & Demons” Rome & Japan Premiere Looks

Who Was Your Best Dressed This Week?

Who Was Your Best Dressed This Week?

19 Responses to Social Events Of The Week

1. robbie May 8, 2009 at 18:06 #

ali, gorgeous dress but very predictable shoes.

lisa, wow i love the and the shoes are adorable.

olivia, blah dont like anything here. also she might want to calm down with the blush she looks like a clown.

jennifer, zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz oh sorry she bored to so much i fell asleep. maybe this is why brad dumped her. those booties are f*cking hideous.

rachel, dress is nice. but those shoes are lovely, they are jimmy choo by the way they are from the fall 2009 collection.

myleene, i love it all apart from the hair, but the dress is nice, i remember amy winehouse wearing this in yellow, or a dress similar.

amy, very plain, very dull and honestly just makes me sad, especially since it is summer time.

gisele, WOW she just gets better. although it is grey it is still hot.

2. BirkinEnvy May 8, 2009 at 18:25 #

Ali Larter looks great! I agree that the dress is very youthful, it has a fun vibe to it and she wears it well. However, the shoes aren’t my favorite.

It looks like Lisa Edelstein’s dress doesn’t fit her right… and the hair is awful.

Olivia Palermo needs to lighten up on the blush… or does she have rosacea???

I heart the blue Preen dress on Myleene Klass. It is very flattering to her figure and I love the layering at the bust.

“A vision of pure gorgeousness” is the perfect way to sum up Gisele. So simple yet so sexy!

3. Kris May 8, 2009 at 18:39 #

There’s something about the position of the waist that makes me not like Ali’s dress, it’s a little off.

I love Lisa’s look, it looks great on her.

Regardless of all of her haters Olivia has impeccable style, all day errday. I love seeing what she ends up wearing. This look is great, she should be in the running for best dressed of the week.

LOL at Aniston. “sighs and gives up” WTF why would you wear tights with that? She loves showing her legs, she should’ve done so here.

You’re right Amy Smart does make it look like a bargain lol. That’s terrible! How do you ruin a Halston!

I LOVE Gisele’s look. I love the unexpected orange earrings and the plunge of the dress. She should be in the run for best dressed of the week, imo. Love it.

4. arol May 8, 2009 at 18:49 #

I gasped when I saw Gisele and I’m not always enamored with her. She looks amazing.

5. Anonymous May 8, 2009 at 19:08 #

eally dissapointed by Jennifer Aniston’s look. she is just not beautiful.
    So borring

6. Terry May 8, 2009 at 21:11 #

Jennifer Aniston was wearing a Balenciaga dress (a pink version is for sale on Matches).

7. Ling May 8, 2009 at 21:12 #

Ali Larter looks lovely – love the hair and makeup, but hate those shoes, they’re so boring. Much prefer Lisa Edelstein’s shoes! Anyway onto Jennifer – oh dear so close yet so far! The outfit would have worked with bare legs and some fierce heels, or even black opaque tights – why shiny grey ones?? Rachel Weisz looks so pretty, so much better than her Costume Institute Gala look.

8. Mira May 8, 2009 at 22:03 #

jennifer! please call me! i will be ure stylist for free!

shes so naturally pretty, its like shes walks around in a burlap sak all the time.So sick of the “rachel” hair.chop it off!

9. just me May 8, 2009 at 22:56 #

Ali Larter looks ridiculous. Someone should tell her she´s not 15. I´ve always find her incredibly tacky.

Olivia Palermo is beautiful but she tries way TOO hard at looking fashionable. the whole look is a walking disaster, imo. Those Tribute sandals are like so 2007.

Nice to see Rachel Weisz looking kind of nice after the Met disaster.

Amy Smart looks hot but cheap.

The Aniston looks like she´s traveling back in time to 1995. Like, hello.

And Gisele looks perfect but that Versace is very generic looking. Nice earrings though.

10. cry May 9, 2009 at 09:44 #

Over her Notte by Marchesa dress, Olivia Palermo is wearing a Diane Von Furstenberg paillettes jacket: http://www.dvf.com/dvf/browse/productDetailWithPicker.jsp?productId=S8074294Y9&categoryId=JACKETS

11. shoeaholic May 9, 2009 at 09:45 #

Gisele should have worn that to the Costume Institute Gala!

12. Anonymous May 9, 2009 at 11:47 #

I think Olivia’s shoes are YSL Tribute sandals in black: so 2008!!

13. robbie May 9, 2009 at 12:30 #

ciara, that scarf just makes her look trashy, seriously that is f*cfking vile. im not one of those “oh animal skin and fur is bad” but seriously that is just sick.

14. Camilla May 9, 2009 at 19:26 #

Looks liked Myleene’s actually bagged herself the upscale Power Bandage dress in blue, as the pleats are different on the tricks version – trust me, I’d have been on the verge of buying it on my poor student budget if it had been the latter.

15. WendyB May 9, 2009 at 20:54 #

That python scarf looks like it’s going to come to life and slither away.

16. Lisa May 10, 2009 at 05:15 #

Ciara looks RIDICULOUS… I agree with Robbie that the scarf is vile. I also think the pants are grossssss.

I don’t think I’ve ever been so disappointed with Jennifer Aniston. I’d much prefer her standard sexy LBD to THAT… I mean, gray tights?? Really Jenn?? REALLY!?!?

Thank goodness for Gisele, she looks gorgeous. I love the orange earrings; they’re very unexpected and make the whole look more interesting.

17. Anonymous May 10, 2009 at 07:15 #

i agree with camilla above, it looks like myleene is wearing preen power bandage dress n not the lower cost preen line, the bodice on preen line dress is a lot different than that..

ana

18. Fashion Critic May 10, 2009 at 15:34 #

Sticks and stones will break my bones, but names will never hurt me :)

19. whitestroke May 18, 2009 at 21:25 #

Ali Larter looks SO BAD in that dress. The waist is way too high on her. Maybe up the size?