Who Wore D&G Better? Katy Perry or Alexander Burke

Katy Perry was in Milan to attend the D&G Spring 2009 show back in September, before heading over to the design duo’s showroom to perform a showcase of her songs.

She was sporting a cute nautical dress from D&G’s Spring 2009 collection, with matching heels, and a big red corsage, channeling her usual retro glam.

X-Factor winner Alexandra Burke, wore the same D&G dress to the 2009 Elle Style Awards. The singer was less adventurous with her look, sporting all black accessories, and losing the red corsage, so Katy wins for me.

Source & Source
2009 Costume Institute Gala - The One's I Missed

2009 Costume Institute Gala – The One’s I Missed

Runway To "Emporio Armani Poster Unveiling" - Victoria Beckham In Emporio Armani

Runway To "Emporio Armani Poster Unveiling" – Victoria Beckham In Emporio Armani

14 Responses to Who Wore D&G Better? Katy Perry or Alexander Burke

1. tortov May 7, 2009 at 09:01 #

your attitue is laughable..how long are you going to ignore all the news related to Victoria. new EA Underwear ad was revealed, why did’n you post it on your blog? you act as if you were offended by her.. and the truth is she just doesn’t fit your expectations in terms of her fashion choices.. anyway, i can’t believe you are a mature woman, your infantile behaviour is quite shocking in fact.

2. Fashion Critic May 7, 2009 at 09:29 #

You have got to be kidding me.

It’s 9am in the UK.

I have just got up and seen her pictures. I haven’t had my morning coffee and you’re already attacking me.

If you check back in this blog, you will see that of all the celebrities featured in this blog, Victoria Beckham is the MOST featured, and she appears the LEAST on the red carpet, which is what my blog is focused on.

I have a set structure to my blog, and it always starts with a poll every morning at 8am and my last post is at 6pm, after that I get on with my life. Which I am very much entitled to.

I would say that your comment is infantile.

I have defended Victoria Beckham on this blog for years when people said she was ridiculous for what she wears, as I always admired her choices.

She has at present lost her way in my opinion, but to say she offend me is again ridiculous.

Manic fans like you are the very people who put me off certain celebrities.

I had every intention of writing about Victoria today, but after your comment it will be done with a great feeling of anger.

3. Fashion Critic May 7, 2009 at 09:33 #

Fact check I have written about Victoria 179 times.

The next celebrity is Penelope Cruz at 69 times.

Please get your facts write before you attack.

I will bet you will apologize for your outburst.

4. serapart May 7, 2009 at 10:50 #

ROFL @ tortov
    FC this must be an april fools joke or sth like that, just ignore it please ;)

5. Fashion Critic May 7, 2009 at 10:51 #

LOL if only it was.

6. robbie May 7, 2009 at 14:55 #

oh god honestly, neither. the dress is cute but on 2 grown women not so much. it looks like something i see little kids wear when they go to the park or the seaside.

7. Moi May 7, 2009 at 15:50 #

yeah what the hell tortov. Your comment is laughable.

Anyway I like Katy Perry better. As you said, the choice of accessories is nice, and also the hair makes the overall thing cute

8. SarahV May 7, 2009 at 16:57 #

I voted Katy, but I think this dress/shirt looks better with the red carpet shorts! It makes the shape seem more interesting!

But of course, it makes the look less red carpet-y….

9. Kris May 7, 2009 at 17:00 #

That dress suits Katy’s style better and so I voted for her, she looks good in it.

HOW DARE YOU not wake up at four a.m. and post about Victoria?? Ugh such blasphemy LOL. That’s the funniest comment I’ve read thus far. AND don’t you have a Victoria Beckham BLOG? just for her? Hahaha.

10. Gaber May 7, 2009 at 18:23 #

I am going with Alex. Based on ONE simple reason – her skin tone. The white dress/black skin contrast just looks so much better then the washed-out ghost Katy is channelling.

11. Sara May 8, 2009 at 00:17 #

I voted Katy, but she kind of bothers me. She seems so forced and contrived with her appearance. I really like her hair style here though, as opposed to her bob.

12. Kyutipye May 8, 2009 at 13:53 #

OMG! This is the best comment I have read in a long time. I was literally rolling on the floor laughing. and Kris didn’t help matters *wipes tears of mirth*

FC I understand that you must have been upset/shocked or you probably would have just ignored it like you usually do. By now i’m sure you are seeing the funny side. also tortov must be new here. “how long are you going to ignore all the news related to Victoria.” that just had me dying out here.

On the topic, I think Alex’s shoes make the dress ‘heavier’ than it is. Katy’s keep the ‘light and sunshine’ feel of it.

13. MaryK May 8, 2009 at 21:03 #

Lilly Allen also wore this dress in a photoshoot…I saw it in Teen Vogue. ADORABLE!

14. whitestroke May 18, 2009 at 20:40 #

Seriously. WTF at tortov! That was so surreal.