Runway To Sidewalk – Rihanna In Derek Lam

Love her or hate her, Rihanna has surely been interesting to watch this week, as she donned another runway look.

She was spotted leaving her hotel in New York last night, to attend Derek Lam’s boutique opening party.

This time she wore an animal print blouse, with a white Derek Lam Spring 2009 crisp white suit, which had tapered pants.

Her look was complete with a pair of bronze Christian Louboutin Rolando platform pumps, a long gold necklace, and a black and white clutch.

This time she’s lot less “I am fashion”, and lot more chic, but she has to do something with that hair.

Free Image Hosting at www.ImageShack.us Free Image Hosting at www.ImageShack.us Free Image Hosting at www.ImageShack.us Free Image Hosting at www.ImageShack.us Free Image Hosting at www.ImageShack.us
Free Image Hosting at www.ImageShack.us

Source & Source & Source
Eva Longoria For Harper's Bazaar April 2009

Eva Longoria For Harper’s Bazaar April 2009

Runway To Photoshoot - Lindsay Lohan In Dolce & Gabbana

Runway To Photoshoot – Lindsay Lohan In Dolce & Gabbana

16 Responses to Runway To Sidewalk – Rihanna In Derek Lam

1. Marianna May 7, 2009 at 17:29 #

And the make up? Looks like a grandma going gambling! hahaha

2. robbie May 7, 2009 at 17:33 #

everytime i see her i grow even more dislike for her, she is trying way too hard to be stylish. seems like victoria beckham has lost her “style” and rihanna has gained it.

also is it just me or is her face alot lighter than her chest area, actually from the neck up she seems alot lighter. the red lips are doing nothing for her, and that dead badget on her head is terrible.

3. Fashion Critic May 7, 2009 at 17:36 #

LOL yes like Marianna pointed out the make-up is too light on her face.

4. Dana May 7, 2009 at 18:29 #

This is a much better look that what we’ve seen her in earlier this week. But girlfriend looks OLD. If I didn’t know better, I’d swear she was a 45 year-old cougar!

5. Gaber May 7, 2009 at 18:29 #

Poor girl!
    She probably thinks that the gay guy in the 5th picture is laughing with her!
    Newsflash girlfriend!
    She’s laughing at your hair! Like rest of the world!

Seriously, what the hell is going on there!? She used to have such a superb look, and now it’s turning into a menopausal granny! Dressed by Pat Field.
    Wait, that should be – she looks like Pat Field!
    ON A BAD HAIRDAY!

Girlfriend, no, no, no.

6. Nicole May 7, 2009 at 18:58 #

much better but hate the hair still.. seems like its only going blonder. if she goes completely blonde its the END.

7. ber May 7, 2009 at 19:07 #

I like the pants and am glad this isn’t her usual rocker look.

8. Moi May 7, 2009 at 19:09 #

I like it, I don’t think I would have gone for a leopard blouse, but hey I’m not Rihanna after all. I feel the red lipstick is too much. It makes everything looks too “tacky” ?
    And what’s wrong with the hair? I really like it :p

9. Fashionista Chick May 7, 2009 at 19:56 #

Moi is correct..The lipstick is too much for me…..!!!!

10. WendyB May 7, 2009 at 20:03 #

I like the hair too :-)

11. Carmen May 7, 2009 at 20:07 #

Love the Loubie’s

12. SarahV May 7, 2009 at 20:44 #

Blue eyeshadow and red lipstick? Are you kdding me? Is it the ’90s I’m currently living in or is she pranking us all?

13. Raquel May 7, 2009 at 21:59 #

I like that Rhianna has no fear going out of her comfort zone, she could play it safe, she could stick what works for her, but tries different things.

On one hand that fearless approach is awesome, on the other it turns out to be a disaster sometimes.

This time I think the runaway look was more fresh and subdued and YOUNGER, but ensemble aged Rhianna a good 15, 20 years. This kind of pants ages everybody, IMO, topped with the leopard printed shirt and the necklaces and the shoes…I don’t think it is only the makeup, which I don’t mind because I love bold red lips, but the whole vibe… that reminds me of those 70’s pictures of Bianca Jagger leaving Studio 54.

14. Iris. May 7, 2009 at 22:09 #

this hair and make-up combo is just ridiculous no? White streaks, blue eyeshadow, red lips, leopardprint… I love the outfit (especially those pants), but everything around it is just too much. I used to really love her style, and watch every single picture of her on people.com lol. as much as the crop was her signature style, I just WISH she’d wear some extensions instead of working with it vertically lol. i still love her though.

15. Anonymous May 8, 2009 at 02:56 #

I really like this outfit. I cant stand her hair and make up thought.

16. Lala/S-R May 8, 2009 at 05:34 #

There is no music in the charts for her, so changing into ten different outfits a day is the only way for her to stay relevant in the game. Isn’t that clear by now my fellow bloggers?
    She’s the biggest exibitionist, next to Kim K ofcourse, to hit the streets of NY in a long time. I tend to overlook post with her name attached, she’s not worth my time. I only comment when it’s evident that she’s not TRYING hard. The girl clearly likes the attention she’s getting.

P.S Is it just me or did her hair look like a hat at first glance? Oh, that hair…*sigh*. I think she’s serious about that hair, people.