06.05.09

Time’s 100 Most Influential People in the World

I know many don’t share my love for Michelle Obama style choices, as many of you are still reeling over her wearing a cardigan to meet the Queen of England, but I did sigh with admiration when I saw her at this event.

The First Lady wore a simple black sleeveless Michael Kors gown, with a Peter Sorenon corset, accessorizing with multiple strands of necklaces, and simple diamond studs.

She wore her hair pulled back, her poise was authoritative, yet she’s so incredibly charming.

I curse the stand being in front of her, because I think the most interesting part of the dress is the corset around her waist, which gives her dress very a defined shape.

Oh Mrs O….*sighs*

Kate Hudson, one of Stella McCartney’s Met Gala Angels on Monday night, arrived wearing a sexy ivory Stella McCartney Pre-Fall 2009 suit, consisting of a herringbone jacket, trousers and silk blouse.

Her look was complete with her hair tied back loosely, and gold Giuseppe Zanotti peep-toes.

I would’ve loved to have seen Kate rock this suit without the blouse, but it won’t have been appropriate for this particular occasion.

I wish to thank Liv Tyler for restoring my faith in this particular Stella McCartney Fall 2009 lace cut-out dress.

On the runway it was grey, and the illusion was too milky to be considered an illusion.

I love Liv’s black version, which she playful poses in showing of her Cartier ring.

Time 100 Honoree Stella McCartney, is quite possibly one of the coolest chicks on this planet.

She was of course head-to-toe in her own pieces consisting of a black cotton t-shirt, black lace embroidered skirt, organza shrug and black strappy platform sandals.

The shrug and skirt are so divine.

Diane Sawyer’s look oozes sophistication wearing a black off-the-shoulder top, with a ivory and black striped skirt.

Jimmy Fallon arrived with his gorgeous wife Nancy Juvonen.

She looked amazing wearing a Marchesa one shoulder navy gown, with a silver embellished asymmetrical neckline.

You may remember Georgina Chapman – the designer of this dress – wore it to the Metropolitan Opera last year.

Designer Vivienne Tam quite shamelessly, but harmlessly uses this event to promote her self designed HP Netbook.

The designer complimented the background, wearing a red embroidered dress from her Spring 2009 collection.

Claire Danes gave us the cold-shoulder with her black jersey dress, with cut-out shoulders.

M.I.A. was at this event, looking quite muted by her standards.

She wore the celebrity must have Alexander Wang suede and leather motorcycle jacket, under a Preen Line black dress. What…no sneakers???

Source

Yvonne Strahovski In Emanuel Ungaro - '24: Live Another Day'

Yvonne Strahovski In Emanuel Ungaro – ’24: Live Another Day’

Runway To Red Carpet - End Of The Week Round Up

Runway To Red Carpet – End Of The Week Round Up

17 Responses to Time’s 100 Most Influential People in the World

1. Ling May 6, 2009 at 12:12 #

I love Michelle’s hair like this, it just looks so elegant! I can’t believe how tiny her waist is too! I’d quite like to own that Vivienne Tam laptop it’s so cute!

2. Cleopatra May 6, 2009 at 12:15 #

This is the best Michelle Obama has looked so far, just brilliant.

I happen to respect her style choices. She’s been very compassionate about supporting lesser known designers especially those from minority groups, and shows a lovely modesty by wearing american high street brands or mixing them up with big labels. She also has no issue repeating key pieces.
    this is a nice approach and she’s taken the stuffiness out of the traditional first lady wardrobe. for all that i think she’s fantastic and i’m sure she’ll be perfecting her own style going forward so that people look back and think of her as someone who has had a great deal of style influence in her time.

3. Anonymous May 6, 2009 at 13:08 #

Both Liv Tyler and Michelle Obama blew my socks off!!! I’d love to see them both up for Best Dressed of the Week!

4. Fashion Critic May 6, 2009 at 13:15 #

“Blew my socks off”…I love that expression, so cute.

I’ll see what I can do. It could be a busy end of week.

5. Kyutipye May 6, 2009 at 13:27 #

I think Mrs. Obama looks so beautiful. She is on trend and yet still manages to look first-ladyish. Ah..mazing!!!! The hairstyle is so fresh!

I like that you put Kate Hudson right after Michelle. She does look gorgeous.

When you mentioned that Nancy Juvonen was wearing something that Georgina Chapman had worn, I just groaned. Why, oh why, does she insist on sharing with celebrities? She needs to take a leaf out of Donatella’s book, cos I love the lady for wearing outfits designed for no one but herself, effectively ensuring that she will be compared to no one, appear on no ‘who wore it betters’, and look devine as only she can. I rest my case.

Claire Danes looks so beautiful.

M.I.A (I don’t know her) looks … dirty! I’m sorry, but you said this is muted? I’m glad I was spared her full ‘charm’ then. Even Xtina doesn’t look grungy like this *shudders*

6. robbie May 6, 2009 at 14:20 #

michelle, i love her but this black dress is so boring.

kate, its okay but kinda plain, it rather casual but i good casual.

libv, im unsure about this i love it but there is a little too much lace. but she looks amazing.

stella, its nice but too much black, but she never really seems to wear any other colour.

diane, its casual chic, but she looks amazing.

nancy, looks gorgeous but i wish she wore her hair up ir tied it back.

vivienne, that dress is stunning, i love the was she is promoting her HP netbook lol.

claire, boringggggggggggggg.

M.I.A hmmmm not a fan of her and not a fan of her outfit.
    ___________________________

on an off note, i read some of that list lmao, zac efron, zac efron one of the most influential people in the world, what a load of bull……!

7. Dana May 6, 2009 at 14:44 #

My God, Diane Sawyer is STUNNING. I can’t believe she’s 64! Her cosmetic surgeon must be a genius.

8. zoe aka drinkupthefashion May 6, 2009 at 16:26 #

michelle obama looks breathtaking. i am constantly in admiration of her style and poise. there are few women who look so great, so elegant, so jawdroppingly gorgeous all of the time.

and liv tyler blows me away in that dress! absolutely GORGEOUS. i’d love for her to be a contender for best dressed of the week….wow, so many good looks to choose from this week.

9. Anonymous May 6, 2009 at 17:02 #

Yes, Mrs. Obama looks nice today. But that doesn’t take away from the fact that she has had many misses in the past. I dont think anyone is holding the cardigan against her, but even since then, she has had many misses. Today, she looks great!

10. Mallory May 6, 2009 at 17:49 #

BRAVO to the first lady!!! Sorry, I cannot get over how chic her style is compared to past first ladies. Do we think, even for a second, Hillary Clinton, Barbara,or Laura Bush would have rocked this look? Thank you, Mrs. O, for not resorting to wearing a stale St. John day in and day out.

If she keeps this up I may have to change my profile picture…

11. Lala/S-R May 6, 2009 at 18:30 #

M.I.A should really call it a day in the style department!
    The First Lady looks exquisite!!
    Liv Tyler is uber sexy in that dress! Woot!

12. Nicole May 6, 2009 at 22:42 #

Love Michelle Obama’s look, she looks absolutely amazing!! Great choice once again!
    My second fav look is Liv Tyler! love the ring too.

and MIA in heels! :O wow thats a start. the makeup is still horribly wrongg

13. Raquel May 6, 2009 at 23:34 #

I would have been happy only with a no-cardigan look, but this is much better, Michelle looks awesome. LOVE the dress, LOOOOVE the hair.

BURN TEH CARDIGANS MICHELLE AND KEEP IT GOING!!!

I don’t like Liv, though, something about the dress doesn’t seem appropriate.

14. DM May 7, 2009 at 04:30 #

Dare I say…best dressed at this event: Diane Sawyer!? She looks great!

15. Anonymous May 8, 2009 at 01:27 #

I dont understand how people can say Mrs O has had missess in her fashion. When a person dressess to please themselves – there is never a miss. Dress yourselves as you wish and let First Lady do the same. She is a stunning woman oozes with confidences in a very sincere and soft way. Smart and beautiful yet never arrogant. and hey she sleeps next most powerful man in world. who is like her smart and beautiful@

16. whitestroke May 18, 2009 at 20:14 #

It’s interesting how Liv’s lace cut-outs are more transparent than on the ruway version, yet she looks a lot less naked.

Stella McCartney is just so badass!

17. Liz January 6, 2010 at 10:47 #

Love this site! .. Cant get enough of these great gals looking so very gorgeous! .. Hate it when I miss ‘em on telly .. Great that I can catch up with them all here .. Michelle looks quite astonishing .. fab shape! & Liv always looks great!