Runway To Sidewalk – Rihanna In Marc Jacobs Yellow Jacket

Yes it’s me talking about Rihanna again, but she seems to be determine to wear as many runway pieces before the week is out.

Last night she was spotted headed out for some fun in New York, wearing a black tank top, black distressed trousers, black suede boots and a bright yellow Marc Jacobs Spring 2009 jacket.

I love this jacket, with the bright yellow leather, black trims and the tweed lining.

I’m glad she didn’t wear the belt, nor the entire runway look.

I’m positive she stopped traffic in this jacket.

Free Image Hosting at www.ImageShack.us Free Image Hosting at www.ImageShack.us Free Image Hosting at www.ImageShack.us Free Image Hosting at www.ImageShack.us

Source & Source
Costume Institute Gala Trends - Golden Girls

Costume Institute Gala Trends – Golden Girls

2009 Costume Institute Gala - The One's I Missed

2009 Costume Institute Gala – The One’s I Missed

7 Responses to Runway To Sidewalk – Rihanna In Marc Jacobs Yellow Jacket

1. SarahV May 6, 2009 at 17:11 #

I like the runway look so much better! A funny puffy skirt looks awesome with this jacket.. Perhaps it’s because I’m getting tired of those worn-out looking jeans, they’re EVERYWHERE!

Her hair looks like a guinea pig, the long haired kind – how cute.

[/rant]

2. Ash May 6, 2009 at 17:57 #

She used to be so cute with her little “island chic” looks. Now, all I think of when I see her is “Trying WAY too hard.”

3. Ally May 6, 2009 at 17:58 #

I like the idea of pairing the jacket with jeans better than the runway look, but like Sarah, I’m over distressed jeans. Please people, let’s leave grunge in the late 80s/early 90s where it belongs. I love the jacket though. It reminds me of this jacket I had in high school that was bright blue, white and silver. Oh man that jacket was emo and I loved it so.

4. Lala/S-R May 6, 2009 at 18:27 #

She for damn sure slowed them down with the yellow!!! But I’m almost certain after taking a good luck at her, they sped up!
    Why does she try so hard all the time!? And someone tell me why she’s trying to outdo Cruella De Vil with that hair??! I love the jacket, just not on her. Not like that. She’s forcing me to hate it. But I won’t let her win!

5. Nicole May 7, 2009 at 07:38 #

i think it needs to start with a change to her hair. those streaks are awful. once again it feels like its too forced its a little better than that disastorus last look. did u see her in the corsette and pink sweater today FC?

6. whitestroke May 18, 2009 at 20:28 #

Oh dear, now she’s set out to ruin stuff that I like. :/ I love LOVE that jacket. Her outfit is casual and normal enough, but I STILL feel that OTT factor. I think it’s because of the vibes she’s sending out when she puts a runway piece on and goes out. It’s in her attitude. Someone needs to tell her that just because she can wear runway stuff on the street it doesn’t make her any more special than the rest of the world. There’s nothing more charming than a person wearing something expensive with the same ease, I would say almost INDIFFERENCE, they’d have wearing a piece from a thrift-store. That’s what this girl needs to learn.

7. TREATMENT28 May 29, 2009 at 08:15 #

I like Rihanna alot and she is very fashion forward…but I loved the Marc Jacobs jacket on Monica in the “Trust” video because she had the belt tied and paired it with thigh high Chloe’ boots…it was a more detailed and well put together look :-)