06.05.09 In Her Closet

In Rihanna’s Closet – Rodarte Leather Cut-Out Thigh Highs

I can guarantee at least 80% of you did exactly what I did, when I saw this picture of Rihanna – roll your eyes.

I’m mean really, after her Costume Institute Gala disaster you would think she would ease up on her ear piercing screams of “I AM FASHION”, but nooooooo.

Yesterday the singer left her hotel in New York, wearing a head turning ensemble.

Her look included shades, black leather jacket, denim shorts, peep-toes booties, gloves, an ear-to-ear necklace-like earrings, and Rodarte leather cut-out thigh highs.

You may recognise these cut-out thigh highs, as they were presented in the Rodarte Spring 2009 collection. You would be forgiven if you thought they were leggings.

You can buy these thigh highs from the Opening Ceremony website in the same black, white, and tan runway colours for $920.

Free Image Hosting at www.ImageShack.us Free Image Hosting at www.ImageShack.us
Source & Source & Source

Jessica Szohr In Dolce & Gabbana - GQ Pre-SuperBowl XLV Party

Jessica Szohr In Dolce & Gabbana – GQ Pre-SuperBowl XLV Party

Costume Institute Gala Trends - Dramatic Trains

Costume Institute Gala Trends – Dramatic Trains

20 Responses to In Rihanna’s Closet – Rodarte Leather Cut-Out Thigh Highs

1. Ahot May 6, 2009 at 10:30 #

Love it! she makes this work for me, and since she is young it’s normal to overdress at this age.

2. shoeaholic May 6, 2009 at 10:32 #

Wow, she looks terrible. And why does she insist on making her hairstyle progressively worse!?

3. Anonymous May 6, 2009 at 10:51 #

Just look at her earrings.
    Too much fashion.

4. Fashion Critic May 6, 2009 at 11:07 #

oh lord ha, I was too busy looking at the thigh highs I didn’t notice that

5. ~*juDee*~ May 6, 2009 at 11:11 #

alrite rihanna…we get the friggin message
    lol @ the utterly hilarious earrings!!

6. Ling May 6, 2009 at 12:09 #

They look cute on the runway but just too OTT on Rihanna I think. Also, those earrings look pretty dangerous if you tugged on them by accident!

7. Fashion Critic May 6, 2009 at 12:10 #

Riiight

8. Ally May 6, 2009 at 14:07 #

I’m sorry, but $920 ripped up leggings? This is what we have come to?

9. Anonymous May 6, 2009 at 14:09 #

eyeball roll to the “fashion’ critic. you are so bitter. lol

10. Fashion Critic May 6, 2009 at 14:14 #

LOL @ Anonymous 14:09

If you say so.

Just Jared told me that I would get a lot a haters as my site becomes successful, so your snipe is a huge compliment really.

Thanks :)

11. robbie May 6, 2009 at 14:23 #

oh god she needs to stop it already, she is trying way to god damn hard to be edgy. those thigh highs are vile looking.

and what the f*ck is up with those stupid white streaks through her hair!

i LOVED her but i cant stand her anymore, its rather sad.

12. Anonymous May 6, 2009 at 14:24 #

i think she looks hot!!!

13. robbie May 6, 2009 at 14:24 #

@ anonymous (14:09) do you really think she actually paid for these? she is a huge celebrity and “style icon” she would have got given them or had a huge diescount off of them.

14. Anonymous May 6, 2009 at 14:34 #

I did rolled my eyes, twice. One for her leggings, one for ‘cape’. I used to think that she is fashionable, and now she just left as scratching our heads.

15. Gemma May 6, 2009 at 16:23 #

I love Rodarte so much and Rihanna makes Rodarte look completely ghetto. She almost ruined Balmain and now she’s massacring Rodarte. Do not want!

16. zoe aka drinkupthefashion May 6, 2009 at 16:30 #

this look is vomit inducing.
    sorry rihanna.
    please try and dress relatively normally. this isn’t stylish on any planet.

17. Lala/S-R May 6, 2009 at 18:34 #

*Still rolling eyes* Come on, what’s she really up to? She is trying so hard to convince us! There was once a time when I thought she was pretty fashionable, though contrived. This publicity stunt is nothing but a freaking mess. She looks like a cross between Cruella De Vil and Jane Child.
    Gimme a break. Try again.
    In the words of Outcast, “Crazt B!tch!”.

18. Anonymous May 6, 2009 at 21:45 #

She’s starting to remind me of the crackalicious version of Whitney Houston.

It looks better from some angles than others but overall: why? And with denim shorts? WTF!

19. Nicole May 7, 2009 at 00:15 #

hate it!!! so OTT and trying way to hard its like she got dressed in the dark and threw on everything she had close by…
    she needs a change ASAP.

20. whitestroke May 18, 2009 at 20:02 #

Oh dear God, I had computer troubles for over a week. And now I have so much to catch upon. But I enjoy it. ;)

The OTT factor doesn’t surprise me here. It’s Rihanna we’re talking about. What bothers me is that she didn’t even GET those thigh-highs. They’re not supposed to be worn like that. She deliberately chose to wear them with shorts so you can see how they look completely and how high they go up, which is NOT the point. They’re supposed to be worn with something that goes, at least SLIGHTLY, over them, like skirts on the runway, for example, in order to make an ILLUSION of them being full leggings. I guess they’re made the way they are only because it’s uncomfortable and unpractical to have such leather material going over your crotch and ass. LOL