06.05.09

2009 Costume Institute Gala – The One’s I Missed

The Costume Institute Gala was bigger than the Oscars in terms of pictures, but I was determined to find Oluchi Onweagba, after Dominika was disappointed I didn’t feature her the first time around.

Dominka I promised you, if I’d found these pictures yesterday, I wouldn’t have left Oluchi out intentionally. Talk about goddess.

The gorgeous model is simply breath-taking in her black and white Oscar de la Renta Fall 2009 gown.

January Jones was also a golden girl wearing a Michael Kors metallic long sleeved shift dress.

I’m getting a early Sienna Miller hippy 60s chic vibe from this look.

Anna Friel goes way too short in a sassy lace strapless bustier dress, with strappy black sandals.

She’s a little too naked for this type of event imo.

Rosario Dawson wore a bubble-gum pink Diane von Furstenberg strapless ruched gown.

I love colour, but I’m not getting much va va voom from her, just like I didn’t get it from Eva Mendes.

Arriving on the arm of the designer herself, Elizabeth Banks looked fantastic in an Alberta Ferretti mini dress.

I love the cut with its plunging black sequined neckline, with the navy embellished skirt.

Short, sassy and sweet, that best describes Milla Jovovich as she arrived wearing a chartreuse mini Marni Fall 2009 dress, with an embroidered beaded neckline.

Taupe peep-toes from the same collection completed the look.

Hilary Swank wore a Calvin Klein burnt orange dress. What I like about this dress is the gathered details.

Hilary is such a blank canvas, you can give her almost anything and she would pull it off, so I would have preferred her in something a lot more interesting.

I still swoon when I think about her wearing that stunning Givenchy Couture lilac dress to Fashion Rocks last year.

Cheryl Tiegs looked outstanding and graceful wearing a midnight blue vintage Norman Norell sequined covered strapless gown.

Her accessories included vintage Neil Lane jewelr, and a vintage Judith Leiber minaudiere.

The legendary supermodel showed the new breed what style and class is all about.

Quickies

Nadja Auermann in Lanvin Spring 2008. Angela Lindvall in Jil Sander Fall 2009. Tamara Mellon in Halston Fall 2009.

Dr. Lisa Airan in Balmain Fall 2009. Kristen McMenamy in Givenchy Fall 2008 Couture.

Catherine McNeil in RM by Roland Mouret Fall 2009. Iris Strubegger in Givenchy Spring 2009 Couture.

Source & Source

Zooey Deschanel In Lisa Ho - ‘So You Think You Can Dance’ 200th Episode Celebration

Zooey Deschanel In Lisa Ho – ‘So You Think You Can Dance’ 200th Episode Celebration

Who Wore D&G Better? Katy Perry or Alexander Burke

Who Wore D&G Better? Katy Perry or Alexander Burke

12 Responses to 2009 Costume Institute Gala – The One’s I Missed

1. Lala/S-R May 6, 2009 at 18:24 #

FC, you should have made them stay “missing”! LOL
    I’m not liking any of these so far. Balmain is always great! But it’s overkill. Everyone of wearing Balmain.

2. ber May 6, 2009 at 18:34 #

Oluchi looks gorgeous! I’m going to have to change my Best Dressed vote to her.

3. Anonymous May 6, 2009 at 19:34 #

You know what FC, I think this whole event was missing out on something. And I’m pretty sure I’ve figured out what: Camilla Belle.
    Where the hell was she???

4. Ling May 6, 2009 at 19:51 #

Oluchi looks GORGEOUS! I wish we could have seen more Oscar de la Renta on the Costume Institute Gala red carpet … on a random note I really hate Elizabeth Banks’s hair, it looks so stiff and fake.

5. Fashion Critic May 6, 2009 at 19:55 #

You make a VERY good point.

6. Erika May 6, 2009 at 20:36 #

I think January just keeps getting better and better.. I mean she’s beautiful on Mad Men and radiant on the red carpet… I have a major girl crush, I admit :)

7. Fashionista Chick May 6, 2009 at 20:48 #

Oluchi looks breathtaking..!!!even I was thinking how u missed her……!!! I love Elizabeth Banks’s Dress..She should have done something different with the hair..But she looks nice…

8. Payal May 7, 2009 at 04:01 #

Hey FC,
    Since you are taking in requests, how about featuring Kim Ravers also from the event. She looked so gooood.

9. laurakitty May 7, 2009 at 16:48 #

Ahhh, Catherine McNeil is so gorgeous! She looks breath-taking! Love January too.

10. amalia May 7, 2009 at 19:46 #

At last someone wearing Givenchy couture! I kept looking for someone willing to wear one of Tisci’s dresses from the spring collection, besides Courtney Love… Cheers for this.

11. whitestroke May 18, 2009 at 20:36 #

I don’t even know who is that Dr. Lisa Airan. But she ruined that dress now for everyone else. That was one of the few things I liked from that collection. I thought that dress was cute and I expected someone really cool to rock it. Poop. After her it’ll just be a rerun. Urgh.

12. Ksenia February 18, 2010 at 23:15 #

Milla is so fresh. Gotta love her one way or another.