Runway To The Costume Institute Gala

Emmy Rossum in Carolina Herrera Fall 2009

Renee Zellweger in Carolina Herrera Fall 2009

Tyra Banks in Badgley Mischka Pre-Fall 2009

Source & Source & Source & Source

Models @ The 2009 Costume Institute Gala

Models @ The 2009 Costume Institute Gala

Who Was The Best Dressed At The Costume Institute Gala?

Who Was The Best Dressed At The Costume Institute Gala?

22 Responses to Runway To The Costume Institute Gala

1. Rogue May 5, 2009 at 16:53 #

Hey, have you seen Dasha Zhukova in vintage Prada? One of the best…

2. Fashion Critic May 5, 2009 at 16:55 #

Where did you see the picture? I can’t find her.

3. robbie May 5, 2009 at 16:55 #

emma stone looks great, i love that dress but those jimmy choos are just too die for, i cant wait for the fall 2009 those are going to be MINE! :)

kerry looks so much better than the model does, on the model the dress makes her look rather wide, but on kerry its stunning.

winona oh god if it wasnt for the shoes and the tights i would have drooled over this.

4. Fashion Critic May 5, 2009 at 16:58 #

there is so much. Every time I think I’m done, I find someone else.

5. Rogue May 5, 2009 at 17:01 #

Style.com, of course! A bit later, check out the last 2-3 thumbnails.

6. Rogue May 5, 2009 at 17:03 #

And don’t miss your girl Lakshmi in magenta Rachel Roy!

7. robbie May 5, 2009 at 17:07 #

wow selma was there, love her dress it has a edge to it, and those legs are just gorgeous.

this is never ending, FC you will be tired by the end of this post ;).

8. Camilla May 5, 2009 at 17:08 #

Just to note, you have done a FANTASTIC job of hunting out all these images, thanks!

9. Fashion Critic May 5, 2009 at 17:10 #

Thanks.

Can’t add any more.

The poll is up next, then I going to sleep for a week.

10. Bego May 5, 2009 at 17:17 #

Oh Bee Shaffer… what is she wearing??I don’t like it at all.
    Jessica Biel changed into a blue dress for the afterparty, was she the only one who changed the dress??

11. Mariana May 5, 2009 at 17:18 #

Unfortunately, many girls thought it was the VMA red carpet!

12. Ling May 5, 2009 at 17:21 #

Phew that’s quite a list, thanks FC! My favourites are the Nina Ricci ladies, least favourite – Louis Vuitton (or did they just pick the worst looks from the runway?)

13. Raquel May 5, 2009 at 18:31 #

Rose Byrne… SMILING? Wow, that was a shocker. She looks gret.

Tara looks.. bad.

Bee looks incridbly cute and age appropriate in this dress and the more I look the more I love Anna Wintour here.

Slema Blair is one very sexy gal.

14. Debra May 5, 2009 at 19:04 #

FC – thank you so much for posting all of this – You made my day and this was SOOOOO much better then the boring Oscars! What a bunch of work you did and just wanted to let you know how much I appreciate it. You’re the BEST!

15. Fashion Critic May 5, 2009 at 19:31 #

Thanks Debra, that’s very kind of you to say so. :)

16. Dana May 5, 2009 at 20:05 #

Is it just me, or does Tory Burch never wear her own designs? I love her style and her, but I find it funny.

17. Paulo May 5, 2009 at 22:20 #

Tory Burch’s Nina Ricci did not flatter her at all. Of course the runway version was shown with 10 inch platforms so it’s a bit deceiving but Tory is just way too short to carry off such a commanding dress.

Lou however rocked her dress completely!
    Bee disappoints – especially in comparison to last year’s dress.

Selma Blair looked amazing!

Perhaps you should do a THEN and NOW of the event and compare their dress choices this year compared to last year :)

18. Ameras May 5, 2009 at 22:56 #

This is my first comment ever and I’ve been coming here for a year every single day. You can make my day when I am feeling blue or simply inspire me. I have to say I love Miranda Kerr’s dress. It so different and just so beautiful. I wish I could see it how it looks from the back.

Anyway, you’re amazing for creating this little oasis. Keep it up! :)

19. Lala/S-R May 6, 2009 at 03:04 #

Jessica Alba, Rihanna, and Madonna look like hot compost! Can you smell the mess?! UGH

20. Pen Pen May 6, 2009 at 05:02 #

Emma Roberts killed such an amazing dress in a very very bad way and I am not feeling Blake Lively neither. There is something just so off about her in that dress.
    By the way, those Nina Ricci pieces are OMG … love love them.

21. Pen Pen May 6, 2009 at 05:04 #

oh and p.s: Selma Blair in modified Marc Jacobs Fall 2009 is really lovely .. I just love her confidence.

22. Fashion Critic May 6, 2009 at 10:29 #

Ameras, thanks so much for support and kind words, I’m glad you enjoy my work.

Your comment was a the perfect pick me up, after a long days blogging. :)