05.05.09 Worst Dressed

2009 Costume Institute Gala – Worst Dressed Part 2

I don’t hate Leighton Meester’s look as the Louis Vuitton Fall 2009 dress works. It’s the leggings that ruin this look.

Her hair is also a bit cutesy, for such an edgy look.

Bad, bad, bad. This is mostly referring to Tyra Banks’ her hair and make-up.

For me the only thing I like about this look is Emma Roberts’ red Atelier Versace Spring 2009 paillette covered mini dress.

It wouldn’t have hurt Emma Roberts do something different with her hair for once, and this dress deserved better shoes.

Emmy Rossum’s Carolina Herrera Fall 2009 gown feels way too old for her.

I love the open back, but the colour, and high neckline disappoints.

This Dolce & Gabbana Fall 2009 dress, is just not Molly Sims. The look feels really forced and unnatural to her usual style, so I’m immediately turned off by it.

It starts to fall apart with the make-up, which is way too harsh for Rachel Weisz, then it continues to go wrong with the yellow hem of her pink strapless Vera Wang gown.

I’m really disappointed.

As a Versace muse, I would have expected something more daring from Liz Hurley, and less bridal. She is wearing a stunning Elie Saab Spring 2009 gown, but for me, it’s not the right style fit. Emmy Rossum should have worn this gown.

2009 Costume Institute Gala - Best Dressed

2009 Costume Institute Gala – Best Dressed

2009 Costume Institute Gala - Best Dressed Part 2

2009 Costume Institute Gala – Best Dressed Part 2

18 Responses to 2009 Costume Institute Gala – Worst Dressed Part 2

1. Danielle May 5, 2009 at 09:51 #

I would have put Emmy’s dress on the best dressed list, I like it.

2. SWANKY-D May 5, 2009 at 09:56 #

OMG!!!

I think we should give Leighton some Kudos FC…
    She hhavent wowed me for a while and now she wows me…
    it’s a cool outfits tho.

I agree with you for Tyra. She’s just horrible…
    And about Emma, yes her hair is kinda boringg…

3. Freida fan May 5, 2009 at 09:59 #

Who would have thought Leighton on worst dressed and Blake on best dressed? haha i wish so bad she had worn it sans the tights i would have definitely lovedd it! the hair makeup combo is also not working. too bad.

tyra can never seem to get her hair/makeup right at these events. this hairstyle is horrible! plus the dress is okay.

i love Emmy but she should definitely be wearing more fun younger pieces.. maybe take some tips from anne hathaway.

Emma’s shoes are hideous!!!! I like the dress but she doesn’t wear it like a dress from that collection should be worn.. just lacking something.

4. Camilla May 5, 2009 at 11:10 #

I was waiting for someone to wear that LV dress! Sadly she really has overdone it. She might have just about got away with it, if only her hair were darker, sharper, and her make-up a little less clown-like. Oh, Leighton!

5. eva May 5, 2009 at 12:29 #

liz is wearing ellie saab not versace…

6. robbie May 5, 2009 at 12:40 #

leighton, it would have been gorgeous without the pants.

tyra, yet another time she looks like a man in drag.

emma, this was one of my favourite dresses from that collection and she just sucks the life out of it.

emmy, from the back i LOVE it, from the front i hate it.

molly, has someone wrapped her in wrapping paper? that dress looks cheap.

liz, the dress is stunning but on her its just to blushing bride.

rachel, wow how the mighty have fallen, she was amazing last year but now its all bad.

7. zoe aka drinkupthefashion May 5, 2009 at 12:54 #

ewwwww most of these looks are so horrible. rachel weisz…what in the world? surely you looked into the mirror before stepping out at such a big event. why would you wear that dress in the first place with THAT makeup. it just doesn’t make any sense. and the eye makeup alone is enough to make you puke: yellow and wine????????

that versace dress is so wearing emma roberts. she looks horriblleeee.

tyra. Tyra. TYRA! why do you keep getting it wrong at big events, time after time?! i’m sad to say tyra, that despite the fact that you’re beautiful, you don’t have any style whatsoever. and you know tyra, i love you.

i don’t really hate leighton or molly sim’s looks…but yeah, they’re not the best looks ever.

8. SWANKY-D May 5, 2009 at 13:03 #

Molly Sims wore Dolce & Gabbana, Tyra in Badgley Mischka

9. ber May 5, 2009 at 14:12 #

Emmy had one of my favorite looks of the night. I’m glad she wore something more sophisticated than the regular princessy, ballgowns she usually wears.

10. Vera May 5, 2009 at 15:55 #

I totally LOVE Emma in Versace and Emmy in Carolina Herrera.

11. Methedrine May 5, 2009 at 16:14 #

Leighton wows me! She looks so fresh and so “japanese”! I love it! But I agree with u for the other worst dressed!

12. KAYA May 5, 2009 at 16:22 #

I will agree with you on the shoes, but I thought Emma Roberts looked adorable in the Red Versace dress.

Leighton was just a Louis Vutton mess, your right the outfit would have looked so much better minus the leggings

13. Kris May 5, 2009 at 17:37 #

Leighton just didn’t add anything of hers to this dress, she just took it straight from the runway so zero props to her.

Tyra is a tranny mess, as per usual.

Wait, Emma Roberts is ..ten? eleven? (sarcasm, people) what is she doing there? isn’t i past her curfew? In addition to that, Versace should never be worn by such a young girl because they obviously can’t pull it off. You need personality and spice to pull Versace off.

Rossum has consistently worn pieces that are far too old for her, she’s very dull and boring but at least she didn’t wear Ralph Lauren.

This is why Rachel Zoe said fuck you to Molly Sims, she’s so…moronic when it comes to dressing herself. I mean, that’s just not her, you said it FC.

I don’t think Liz Hurley deserves to be here, especially because the Best Dressed List is so..wrong, no offense. Yes, she didn’t wear anything sexy but this is an okay look.

14. Amber T May 5, 2009 at 19:10 #

I LOVE Leighton’s look! I think it’s edgy and she looks like she’s having fun. I also like her make-up and the contrast of the girly hair with the outfit. I normally love Keri Washington’s style but for this event I definitely would have had her switch places with Leighton on their respective lists (love Keri, but hate that LV dress).

Totally agree with your other choices on this list!

15. Esther May 5, 2009 at 21:16 #

Omg, I find it hard to believe that you didn’t like Leighton’s outfit! I thought it was a lot better than Rihanna’s look. Leighton was one of my favorites :( And, Emmy Rossum didn’t look so bad either. The only thin I’d change would be her earrings … she should’ve worn studs.

16. whitestroke May 5, 2009 at 22:14 #

Leighton Meester – 2 things wrong with it. The hair – with such busy outfit she should pull it off the face altogether. And the shoes – she should have gone with those same shoes, but with simple straps, like the ones Victoria wore. Because the bottom is already busy with the leggings and all. But aside that… Hahaha. I love it! And I’ll tell you why. Because that girl just has NO body, in my opinion, for fashion-forward stuff, yet lately she’s being constantly trying to pull it off, and I started to respect her efforts. LOL

Emmy Rossum – I didn’t like that collection, but it’s okay on her.

Molly Sims – I like this, just not on her.

Liz Hurley – She looks… Pregnant? o_O

17. BirkinEnvy May 6, 2009 at 15:57 #

Kerry Washington looks like Little Bo Peep… it comes off super costume-y.

18. Anonymous May 9, 2009 at 02:30 #

I have to say Leighton’s has grown on me over the last week- she obviously loved the outfit, her makeup was gorgeous and she looked cute, like a doll- and most importantly she looked like she wasn’t taking it too seriously! I hate when the Madonna/Rhianna types, who are obviously wearing something so over-the-top it’s ridiculous, but insist on striking those “Don’t mess with me, I AM fashion” poses. Yes, you have to have a strong conviction to wear such clothes, but I also think they have to be worn with a sense of irony too- Leighton seamed to “channel” her outfit well, she wore it with a really playful, cheeky attitude