04.05.09

The Costume Institute Gala: “The Model as Muse: Embodying Fashion”

After the most disappointing Oscar red carpet in my memory, I’m looking for jaw-dropping moments from the ladies walking red carpet at the Costume Institute Gala tonight.

Last year Gisele Bündchen had me picking my jaw off the floor, and Camille Belle’s Armani gown, was so perfect, it was my Best Dressed of the Year.

This years honorary chair is Marc Jacobs. His co-chairs are Kate Moss, Justin Timberlake, and Anna Wintour.

You know what that means. Jessica ‘Bland’ Biel has already booked her place on my Worst Dressed list. Can you believe she was named Revlon’s new brand ambassador?

Some of you may wish to find out later on night who’s wearing which designer, but if you are dying to know now, Fashionologie has an up-to-date list.

I will be blogging as the pictures come in, so check back later to see who made the best and worst lists.

If you want to see what we could be in store for tonight, take a look back at last years event.

Source

Who Was Your Best Dressed At The 2014 Met Gala?

Who Was Your Best Dressed At The 2014 Met Gala?

Naomi Campbell Pulls Out Of The Costume Institute Gala

Naomi Campbell Pulls Out Of The Costume Institute Gala

19 Responses to The Costume Institute Gala: “The Model as Muse: Embodying Fashion”

1. Rebecca May 4, 2009 at 16:03 #

Oh God! I hope someone wears something worthwhile. It feels like it’s been ages since someone truly blew my away.

2. SWANKY-D May 4, 2009 at 16:51 #

i am so waiting this event more than oscars or else…
    please featured all of the attendees ,ms. fashion critic…
    i’m dying to know what they will wear..

i hope that Coco Rocha, Lakshmi Menon and Kerry Washington will wow me tonight :)
    Thanks love you fc

3. Fashion Critic May 4, 2009 at 17:16 #

Of course, they are all my favourites too.

The problem with these types of events is that they do two waves of photos. The bigger names are in the first wave, then models, designers and others in the second.

That how it happened last year. So don’t worry if you don’t see them tonight, I will check for new additions in the morning.

4. ber May 4, 2009 at 17:19 #

Is there a theme for this year’s event?

5. Fashion Critic May 4, 2009 at 17:24 #

The model as Muse

6. wi May 4, 2009 at 17:27 #

OMGG YES! a load of models will be attendinggg! can’t wait to see Natasha Poly and Magdalena Frackowiak. Oh, and of course, I’m eager for Victoria Beckham!

7. SWANKY-D May 4, 2009 at 18:16 #

thanks fc .. :) ADORE YOU and your fabulous blog . toodles

8. Anonymous May 4, 2009 at 18:35 #

cant wait, im going to be fixed to your site for a while tonight then waiting :)

that pic if gisele is gorgeous, but her boob looks like it is going to fall out.

9. Fashion Critic May 4, 2009 at 18:38 #

:) Once the first picture comes up, keep refreshing. I will be adding all the time.

10. robbie May 4, 2009 at 18:40 #

oh damn i forgot to put my name on it, that anonymous comment was from me.

11. LILA May 4, 2009 at 18:58 #

Can’t wait for this event. I was counting down the days to the gala and totally dying to see what my faves are gonna wear. I’m pissed at Riccardo Tisci because he’s not gonna dress Lakshmi, but instead he wanted to dress Adriana Lima, who’ll star in the new campaign. I couldnt believe it! Thankfully Lakshmi is going with Rachel Roy: two beautiful women who, i’m sure, will look amazing. Galliano’s choice of dressing Gisele kinda let me down..but i’m happy Liya, Jourdan and Anja are attending. I’m also really looking forward to see Kerry Washington and Diane Kruger..and, oddly, Ciara. We’ll see ^^ I’m sure that later i’ll be checking every single minute ^-^
    Thank you so much for covering the event FC, impeccable as always ^^

12. SWANKY-D May 4, 2009 at 19:34 #

i’m checking it now fc :)
    its 2 am in the morning in my city lol

cant wait to see what will kate moss wear from MJ creation too :)

13. Fashion Critic May 4, 2009 at 19:44 #

oops. Well it will be something for you to wake up to tomorrow :)

14. Alicia May 4, 2009 at 19:49 #

I’m so excited! It’s more fun than the Oscars, ’cause almost no one goes safe.

15. SWANKY-D May 4, 2009 at 19:54 #

hope its not just something, lets pray its some-huge-thing to watch lool

i think im gonna off to bed now fc, keep up your good work :)

toodles

16. Fashion Critic May 4, 2009 at 20:16 #

Night. Where in the world are you? Europe? Asia?

17. SWANKY-D May 4, 2009 at 20:35 #

I’m in South East Asia. it’s Indonesia, the same country as Farah Angsana’s origins. do u know my country?

nitey btw

18. Bella May 4, 2009 at 21:10 #

Jessica ‘bland’ Biel! Haha! She doesn’t even have business being there, only because of Justin. :/

I was hoping Cameron Diaz would attend but she doesn’t appear to be on the list. :/

19. Bella May 4, 2009 at 21:13 #

Then to top it off, she (Jessica) is wearing William Rast. I predict it won’t be good! Haha.