04.05.09

Social Events Of The Weekend

BritWeek’s Designer Of The Year Fashion Show

Dita von Teese’s Dolce & Gabbana Spring 2009 ensemble, doesn’t have the same charm as Becki Newton’s last week.

Something is not quiet working for me, and I can’t decide whether it’s the shorts, or the hair.

Her look was teamed with stunning black/gold jewels, a metallic rosette, and Dolce & Gabbana satin wedge sandals.

So close. I was so close to loving this Todd Lynn Spring 2009 look on Rumer Willis, but was not sure about the shorts. Then it turns out that she’s not wearing shorts, but a very smartly tailored all in one.

I do love the dove grey tuxedo jacket with the wide lapels top half, and the fact that she wore it without a top underneath, but nil points for the bottom half.

Her hair is looking much better now though.

Lynn Collins also wore Todd Lynn. Her look was from his Fall 2008 collection, which included a white tuxedo jacket with 2 black buttons, and black pants from the same collection.

She completed her look with a pair of Christian Louboutin for Todd Lynn heels, with a hair weft weaved into the back.

I’m really enjoying seeing Lynn on the red carpet. She hasn’t played the safe card yet.

“Cutlass” Screening, New York

Kate Hudson is the producer/director of the short film Cutlass.

Glamour magazine threw a celebratory party this weekend for the film, in which Kate arrived looking quite spectacular wearing a Stella McCartney black velvet devoree dress, with black peep-toes, whilst flashing a peace-sign and a megawatt smile.

17th Annual Kennedy Center Spring Gala

LeAnn Rimes opted for this eggplant Stella McCartney strapless dress from the designers Spring 2009 collection.

Lavender suede Louboutin’s complete this cute look, but that berry shade of lipstick doesn’t do her any favours.

Barnstable Brown Party Celebrating The 135th Kentucky Derby

Brooke Shields’ white strapless Angel Sanchez Spring 2009 gown, with black ribbon details on the front is gorgeous, but I can’t help wishing she had done something more with her hair.

Paris Hilton walked the red carpet wearing a figure-hugging Tadashi black lace dress, with an eye-catching Charlotte Russe feathered cocktail headband, and Trib Two’s.

Her other accessory was her boyf, Doug Reinhardt. They’re inseparable at the moment.

The Rally for Kids with Cancer Scavenger Cup – “The Winner’s Circle” Gala Dinner, LA

Eva Longoria continued to show her support for this event, by attending the gala dinner wearing a mocha Halston Spring 2009 strapless jumpsuit.

I love what she is wearing, plus the hair and the make-up, but I have a huge bug-bear about clothes dragging on the floor like this.

Source & Source

Freida Pinto In Lanvin - 2011 amfAR's Cinema Against AIDS Gala

Freida Pinto In Lanvin – 2011 amfAR’s Cinema Against AIDS Gala

The Costume Institute Gala: "The Model as Muse: Embodying Fashion"

The Costume Institute Gala: “The Model as Muse: Embodying Fashion”

16 Responses to Social Events Of The Weekend

1. robbie May 4, 2009 at 14:26 #

dita, oh please for the love of dita, she is losing her couture chic style she once had, lately she hasnt been doing so well, this look feels far to forced for me.

rumer, i was loving it until i saw those ugly black shoes, also i would have prefer her blazer be a little more fitted, its too baggy.

kate i love this whole look, but that peace sign reminds me far too much of skanky cyrus. but she looks amazing.

leann, WTF is going on here, she looks a f*cking mess! the make-up far too harsh for such a cute look. HORRIBLE!

brooke, the dress is perfect, but i agree about the hair. it is always the exact same.

paris DAMN i love it, from the ankles up. her “boyfriend” looks so god damn bored. no offence to him but if he cant put a f*cking smile on his face dont go to the bloody event!

2. Kris May 4, 2009 at 14:58 #

Dita can be excused because usually she’s marvelous…I’m not a fan of this look :(

I actually like Rumer’s look because the shorts make it age appropriate; if she had worn anything else with that serious top than it would’ve looked way too old for her; she works it.

Um…I think Kate looks terrible:the dress ages her and the whole look is very messy and un-Kate.

Seriously? Dark lipstick on thin lips? Such a joke LeAnn.
    I actually don’t like Brooke’s dress at all, something about it looks like it was just a thrown together design.
    Are you sure that headband is Charlotte Russe? it doesn’t look like it. I like this look from Paris, shocking.

3. Alex May 4, 2009 at 15:10 #

just a quick question, all the stuff you have on the right from net-a-porter, are they things you have bought? If so, please tell me what kind of job you do, cos i would love to be able to afford those gorgeous clothes!!

4. Fashion Critic May 4, 2009 at 15:18 #

Alex, it is a list of the newest additions to Net-A-porter that I like.

5. Lala aka S-R May 4, 2009 at 16:12 #

Is Paris Hilton the biggest exhibitionist, or what? None of these looks are working for me. Rumer’s tuxedo jacket is the only thing worth commenting on: I LIKE IT!

6. whitestroke May 4, 2009 at 16:38 #

By the looks of the sleeves, Dita’s top looks more like it’s modified from THIS jacket. And I think it’s the shorts that make this look wrong. I don’t think she’s got the type of body to pull those off.

Rumer is wearing Todd Lynn Spring 2009. It’s actually not a tuxedo jacket and shorts. It is in fact an ONE-PIECE. ;) That collection was almost entirely out of one-pieces that were tailored to make them look like separates.

7. Fashion Critic May 4, 2009 at 17:13 #

Thanks for Rumer, I owe you big, but with regards to Dita she is definitely wearing a top, and your link goes to a jacket.

8. Anonymous May 4, 2009 at 17:47 #

For the last several months LeAnn Rimes has looked smashed on the red carpets. Here, her blood shot eyes stand out and she looks like she did at the Grammy’s when Eddie was hitting it just hours before the carpet walk. Is Eddie back or is she headed to rehab?

9. whitestroke May 4, 2009 at 17:58 #

No problem. :)

Dita-wise, that was exactly my point. She IS wearing top, not jacket, but the sleeves on her top look like sleeves on that jacket (look #5!) because they’re structured and they have that fitted part below. While the top (look #11!) is not structured. It’s got round sleeves but they’re floppy and there’s no extra fitted part around the arm. So I thought her top is more likely to be a modification from the jacket. But I can be wrong, of course.

10. whitestroke May 4, 2009 at 18:11 #

Forgive me for getting so annoying about little things like these that are not even important at the end of the day. It’s my OCD. *sigh*

At the closer inspection of this shot (and some other pics there, too!) it appears that it IS actually that jacket, not the top. Only Dita wears it all closed up, as opposed to Isabeli who had it opened on the runway. ;)

11. Raquel May 4, 2009 at 18:21 #

I agree with Lala, none of those looks works for me, although Rummer looks much better than her usual self.

12. Fashion Critic May 4, 2009 at 18:40 #

I fold LOL, you are right Whitestroke, you found a better angle.

13. Alicia May 4, 2009 at 19:48 #

I guess I’m surprised that Paris is wearing a headband from Charlotte Russe, unless she’s about to announce an accessories partnership with them or something. But I love it, I do.

14. zoe aka drinkupthefashion May 4, 2009 at 20:21 #

rumer looks amazing! even if you don’t put her in the best dressed of the week poll i think she deserves an honorable mention. she hasn’t looked this great in a long time…and this isn’t just a pity vote! i really think she looks fab.

15. Anonymous May 4, 2009 at 21:41 #

LeAnn Rimes never seems to get it all right. At the derby she wore a nice hat but she matched it with a common house dress. At the Kennedy Gala the dress is nice but the makeup makes her look like a hooker. I understand she attended the gala alone. What kind of husband lets his wife attend such an affair alone in the east coast capital of adultery after what their marriage has been through. Apparently an open marriage.

16. Janie May 5, 2009 at 10:32 #

@ Anon, mmm some might say the same of Victoria Beckham, although she had no choice in the matter we all know with Becks footy comes first.