04.05.09

Naomi Campbell Pulls Out Of The Costume Institute Gala

It has been reported by the New York Times that Naomi Campbell will not be attending the Costume Institute Gala tonight.

Azzedine Alaïa has pulled his 7 dresses from the event, after he realised that his work wouldn’t be represented at the exhibition, plus he wasn’t invited to the event.

Naomi Campbell, who has been his muse for 23 years, has pulled out of the event, as she didn’t want attend, if she couldn’t represent his work.

Dresses were also made for Linda Evangelista and Stephanie Seymour, but it’s unclear if Linda will still attend, but Stephanie has also pulled out.

You can read the whole story at NY Times: On The Runway.

Where there’s drama, there’s Naomi.

Source

Who Was Your Best Dressed At The 2014 Met Gala?

Who Was Your Best Dressed At The 2014 Met Gala?

2009 Costume Institute Gala - Worst Dressed

2009 Costume Institute Gala – Worst Dressed

9 Responses to Naomi Campbell Pulls Out Of The Costume Institute Gala

1. shoeaholic May 4, 2009 at 22:11 #

Whoa, drama much!? Well I can’t say I’m sorry Naomi’s pulled out, and I wouldn’t be sorry if Linda Evangelista didn’t come, but Stephanie’s absence is a shame..

2. stilettolover91 May 4, 2009 at 22:19 #

It ok that she wont be there i dont like her too much anyway LOL. I heard Rihanna will be there that should be amazing!! Luv the blog btw!! Check out mine

3. Raquel May 4, 2009 at 22:47 #

Azzedine Alaïa – AZZEDINE FREAKING ALAÏA – deserved much better and I can’t balme Naomi or Stephanie for sticking to him.

4. Nik May 4, 2009 at 23:10 #

I am not looking forward to this event as I did before.

WTF? Why wasen’t he represented…this is the guy who pioneered the bondage dress way before Max Azria got into it.

This is not much of a “model as muse” without the Tirnity and Stephanie Seymour.

5. Aly May 4, 2009 at 23:22 #

:( I love Azzedine Alaïa. I'm not surprised Naomi and Stephanie would pull out seeing how they are both close with him. I have a feeling that this years Gala will be pretty disappointing, I hope not though. I read Rihanna will be there & wearing Marc Jacobs as well. I hope it's true and she changes her hair and shows up looking good.

6. Terry May 4, 2009 at 23:52 #

I’m looking forward to this gala, but I know I’ll be disappointed. The fact that Azzedine Alaia was not invited and not represented in the exhibition is a shame and perfectly demonstrates the way the world of fashion goes :( Alaia is a very good symbol of the connection between fashion and models, much better than Marc Jacobs, in my humble opinion. Of course he’s not as important as Jacobs in the fashion business, so here is his exclusion. I repeat: it’s a disappointment and a shame :(

7. Rogue May 5, 2009 at 00:39 #

OK, as first can we please stop talking about that Rihanna girl?? She is totally minor in this case.
    Naomi is a model legend, Rihanna just a Balmain lover who sings annoying songs.
    I respect Naomi, and the other girls who won’t be attending. ”Model as Muse” without Stephanie, Naomi and Co… sad.

8. Mira May 5, 2009 at 02:19 #

good for him! and for once in a long time, good for naomi! i read the article.makes you wonder who is really in charge

9. Kris May 5, 2009 at 02:23 #

I love Naomi and Linda but who cares about these models?? Azzedine Alaïa wasn’t INVITED?? That’s ..genuinely blasphemous. I’m shocked. Maybe Alaia isn’t as important as Jacobs is to AMERICAN fashion but Alaia is vastly important in France where it actually counts. I’m appalled, and I would’ve created even more drama if I were in these ladies positions. I really would like to know the reason why this happened.

Also, note to previous comment: Max Azria? Really? He oversees the house of Herve Leger…therefore overseeing the bandage style of ..Herve Leger. That’s not Azria’s idea. Wow. Sorry if that’s harsh but Azria is a nobody. He’s behind BCBG for crying out loud. ;)