04.05.09

135th Kentucky Derby

The Kentucky Derby is all about the hats, and their were many beautiful creations on display this weekend.

Kim Kardashian’s grey hat, with black organza and feathered detailing, was teamed with a sexy white sheath dress, hugging her in all the right places, plus black accessories, including gloves, a clutch, and patent pointy heels.

I love this look, and how she still manages to look sexy, but not tacky.

LeAnn Rimes wore a very wide brimmed ivory hat, with a red scarf tied to it, which complimented her cute bow tie floral dress.

This is my favourite look, as it very much embodies the spirit of this event.

Eva Pigford, Marcille whatever she calls herself these days, also opted for black and white.

I would have loved this look if it hadn’t been for those black and white t-bar heels, as they cheapen her look.

All black? To the Kentucky Derby?

How totally unimaginative, boring, and such a safe option for Gabrielle Union.

I love Brooke Shields’ ivory jacquard dress. It’s cute with via the bow, and the length, and it’s sexy with the v-neck plunge, but she throws it all away with that blue spaceship-like hat. The net is the killer.

When it comes to Bethenny Frankel’s look, I don’t know what’s worse. The Benny Hill hat, or the pink asymmetrical ruffled jumpsuit.

Source & Source

Freida Pinto In Lanvin - 2011 amfAR's Cinema Against AIDS Gala

Freida Pinto In Lanvin – 2011 amfAR’s Cinema Against AIDS Gala

Runway To Costume Institute Gala Preview - Anna Wintour In Marc Jacobs

Runway To Costume Institute Gala Preview – Anna Wintour In Marc Jacobs

13 Responses to 135th Kentucky Derby

1. robbie May 4, 2009 at 18:08 #

kim damnnnnnnnnnnnnn, hottness overload. she looks sexy but not slutty. thank god its not all black.

leann, now this is cute and she has cute make-up.

eva, i LOVE those shoes, but they look a little too schoolgirl uniform for such a nice outfit.

gabrielle, when exactly was the last time this girl wore colour?

brooke, lmao at her hat, its just balancing on her head. cute dress though also the shoes look like granny shoes.

bethenny, i dont know what is worse, the hat, jumpsuit, the lollipop (who the hell bring a lollipop onto the red carpet?) or maybe that plastic looking face. terrible.

kim is by far the best and hottest at this event.

2. Danielle May 4, 2009 at 18:55 #

I love Kim's hat and I'm a fan of lace gloves, but I'm not sure it works here.

I think LeAnn's dress is from H&M.

Gabrielle's hat is actually a fall/winter hat. The fabric is so inappropriate for this time of year.

And although Brooke Shields looks great for her age, I prefer seeing women aging gracefully, rather than still trying to wear clothes one would wear in their teens or twenties!

Ps. Is that a lolli pop Bethenny is showing off?!?

3. Lala aka S-R May 4, 2009 at 19:14 #

Oh wow, hat-attack! For once the skank looks like a lady (Kim). LeAnn is Summer at it’s best! LOVE HER LOOK! Eva looks OKAY (nothing special). Too much Black on Gab. Brooke looks incredibly uncomfortable, like “Oh my God, Oh my God”! Bethenny (who-ever that is) just looks f-in stupid.

4. shoeaholic May 4, 2009 at 19:18 #

Wow, it’s the first day of the week, we haven’t even had the Costume Institute Gala yet and already I have to people who I think deserve to be nominated for Best Dressed of the Week! LeAnn Rims and Kim Kardashion both look fantastic!!

5. Freida fan May 4, 2009 at 19:23 #

Kim looks stunning!!! love her look. its crazy to think how far shes come with her fashion compared to the trash she used to wear!

Whoever that last lady is shes a hot mess. wtf is going on with the lollipop??

6. Kelly May 4, 2009 at 19:25 #

Kim Kardashian, please continue to look this effortlessly sophisticated yet sexy at every event.

Love, love, LOVE!

7. zoe aka drinkupthefashion May 4, 2009 at 20:12 #

everyone looks horrible except for kim. she totally nailed this look. she is really working those gloves.

8. Carmen May 4, 2009 at 21:09 #

LeAnn Rimes really looks very cute, love her dress. I also love Eva Pigford’s dress but not the complements

9. stilettolover91 May 4, 2009 at 22:20 #

Kim looks stunning!!! I love her Christian Louboutin Pigalles!!! She makes them look so easy to wear, and they’re actually not at all LOL. So good job kim work it!!

10. 00o00 May 4, 2009 at 22:23 #

When it comes to Bethenny Frankel’s look, i think the lollipop is the worst!

kim looks fab!

11. Raquel May 4, 2009 at 22:44 #

Only LeAnn and Kim are appropriated dressed for the event. Period. Love their hats, too.

Everybody else should go home in shame.

12. pam May 5, 2009 at 12:28 #

Americans suck at wearing hats. They should hire british stylists for this sort of thing or African americans

13. pam May 5, 2009 at 12:30 #

and lee annes look is sunnily perfect. kim is great too though very formal and ascot.

Your commentary is spot on… and why was there so much black and white?