01.05.09 Premiere

“Star Trek” LA Premiere

The little goosebumps going up my arm, are a clear indication that Zoe Saldana will a be contender for Best Dressed Of The Week.

What’s that 3 weeks in a row? Girlfriend is on fire.

Her long sleeved Emilio Pucci Fall 2009 sequined mini dress, with a snake-like silver detail running through it, lacey cut outs, plus the first way she is posing, ensured that no one was going to upstage her on her night.

If you have a shoe fetish, I suggest you don’t look at her outstanding Brian Atwood Wicked heels, from the Fall 2009 collection.

Very wicked indeed.

Once you’ve scrolled down, one thing will stand out, Michelle Monaghan.

This is because she opted for a neon pink Versace Fall 2009 long-sleeved dress, when most others opted for black.

I love the colour, her fresh face, and her clutch. I wouldn’t have picked those black strappy sandals, but she makes them work.

Leighton Meester gave her lighter locks their red carpet debut last night.

The Gossip Girl actress wowed the crowds in a mini slate grey YSL bow back dress. The dress kinda look a tad tight, but I just love the 3 bows fastened across the back.

Her head-to-toe YSL Spring 2009 look was complete with YSL cage ankle boots.

I have the feeling that Heidi Klum is going take maternity chic to another level.

The stylist mum-to-be, wore a black flapper-style Jasmine di Milo fringed dress, which covered her growing baby bump, with black Louboutin’s, and Martin Katz jewels.

Even though Nicollette Sheridan is on trend wearing the much loved Christian Louboutin Differa sandals, why does her look seems so out-dated?

Amanda Bynes has been beamed back to 2007, when it was hot to wear a coral Hervé Léger mini bandage dress, with YSL Tribute sandals.

Geez, even Heidi Montag would frown at this look.

I’m not sure what Kristin Cavallari actually does these days, but she sure made sure she would get some attention wearing a Hervé Léger by Max Azria Spring 2009 multi-coral mini dress.

Christian Louboutin Catenita cork sandals, with a hot pink platform completed the look.

Sophia Bush completes the trio of Hervé Léger dresses on this red carpet, and I can’t help but feel a tiny bit disappointed.

Not because of her Hervé Léger Zebra stripe dress itself, because she looks lovely in it, but because it puts her in the same category as Amanda and Kristin.

Hayden Panettiere’s looks very grown up in her black figure-hugging black pencil dress with cut-outs on the side.

I’m glad she added those bubblegum pink Louboutin’s, otherwise I may have disliked this look.

Winona Ryder makes a very rare appearance on the red carpet, channeling her usual Gothic chic, in a lacey full-skirted black dress.

Source

V59 Magazine's 6 Supermodel Cover Swimsuit Issue

V59 Magazine’s 6 Supermodel Cover Swimsuit Issue

Cartier 100th Anniversary in America Celebration

Cartier 100th Anniversary in America Celebration

20 Responses to “Star Trek” LA Premiere

1. Camilla May 1, 2009 at 12:12 #

Not a fan of the lighter-haired Leighton. It just dumbs down her looks, sadly.

2. Gemma May 1, 2009 at 12:15 #

Zoe just gets better and better. Wow.

Also, I think Heidi’s dress is Jasmine de Milo. http://www.my-wardrobe.com/jasmine-di-milo/black-mini-dress-by-jasmine-di-milo

xx

3. Anonymous May 1, 2009 at 12:27 #

Zoe is absolutely stunning these weeks! just googled, can’t believe she is 30 cos she looks so fresh and young. This dress is her best in the promotion tour. I love that she never fail to impress on red carpets.

4. belle May 1, 2009 at 12:47 #

Zoe’s shoes are to die for. Zoe, Leighton and Heidi are the best dressed in this event I. Leighton still looks great in lighter hair, bur dark hair definitely suits her better. Her dress is amazing.
    I can’t tell that Heidi is pregnant, she looks fabulous.

5. Anonymous May 1, 2009 at 12:55 #

Saldana for BDOTW! She looks awesome, I agree. I don't even mind that the whole look is SO Balmain-esque, although she's wearing Pucci. Btw, I adore Brian Atwood. His shoes are fierce (hate the word, but still have to use it!), and it doesn't hurt that he himself is hot as hell. :>>
    Michelle looks standardly good. Glad to see some Versace on the rc.
    Leighton does love tight dresses! First the peachy Chloé thing, now this… Nonetheless, she looks nice.
    Heidi MIGHT be wearing Jil Sander Spring 2009. You go check it, but I doubt someone else made it.

David

6. Shubby Doo May 1, 2009 at 13:21 #

omg, i want those Brian Atwood heels…checked out Net a porter website but no joy :-(

7. Fashion Critic May 1, 2009 at 13:22 #

They are from the Fall 2009 collection.

Top of my wish list too.

8. zhaib18 May 1, 2009 at 13:26 #

Sophia looks amazing and i feel exactly the same FC. She shouldnt be paired with those fake barbies

9. Fashion Critic May 1, 2009 at 13:34 #

Hey Gemma, the Jasmine di Milo dress you suggested only has fringing on one-side, so I don’t think that is the same dress.

David, I also don’t think it is the Jil Sander dress, because that one has a different neckline.

Thanks for your suggestions.

10. Raquel May 1, 2009 at 16:05 #

Okaaay, is it just me or Wynona does look like a Vulcan???

11. robbie May 1, 2009 at 16:39 #

zoe, too late i want those shoes. damn im gonna be poor by the end of 2009 by the time i get the shoes i want, i already have 5 pairs of jimmy choos from their fall 2009 collection on my wish-list now these are added. oh and the dress is nice i suppose.

michelle ruined it with those weird shoes.

leighton, boring hate her with light hair, she suits darker hair.

heidi, black, boring and blah. i love her loubies though.

nicollette, i love her but her style isnt good. im sick of seeing those god damn hideous shoes.

amanda, herve leger dress check, YSL tribute sandals check, blonde hair check, oversized clutch check, well she is all ready to be heidi montags twin sister.

kristin, dress is pretty, those shoes i have been hunting for those for months, can never find them in my size *cries*

sophia herve leger dress just makes me hate thise.

hayden, wow yet another boring look, damn this week seems so filled with boring looks.

winona, normally i would hate this, but i actually think i love it she looks gorgeous.

12. Gemma May 1, 2009 at 17:46 #

FC – you’re right, I didn’t spot that. We had the white sample in for a video, and it was fringed on both sides…looks like Heidi may have wore that one, but the opposite way round to Isabelle (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lCa_pe4MiDQ). I could still be wrong though! x

13. Fashion Critic May 1, 2009 at 18:31 #

Hey Gemma, that looks more like it.

Thanks.

14. zoe aka drinkupthefashion May 1, 2009 at 19:21 #

zoe looks amazing and winona looks so scary.

15. Joana May 1, 2009 at 19:44 #

Hayden looks OLD not grown up!! weird!!!

btw, Leighton’s looks is one of my favourites of the week!!

16. Anonymous May 1, 2009 at 20:32 #

Leighton and Heidi are my favorite.

Leightons dress might be tight but she has the body for it and her calves look killer.

Heidi looks gorgeous and everytime I see her I forget she is pregnant

17. whitestroke May 1, 2009 at 21:19 #

Zoe Saldana – I’m all BLEH about it. I’m not wowed by any of it. Hate her pose, too.

Michelle Monaghan – God I hated that collection. The fact that it looks even remotely okay here is only Michelle’s effort.

Hold the press! Isn’t Amanda Bynes’ hair a *WEE* bit different?

18. wi May 1, 2009 at 22:24 #

MM Zoe looks amazinggg

19. antoneLLina May 2, 2009 at 13:59 #

zoe is amazing!!!!!!my god…perfection!
    i like leighton too,but i prefer her with darker hair.

20. Sugarshock May 3, 2009 at 21:21 #

Is it just me, or could Zoe Saldana pass for Jada Pinkett-Smith’s little sister?