01.05.09

Cartier 100th Anniversary in America Celebration

I wasn’t a fan of the Calvin Klein dress Eva Mendes wore the Parson Fashion Benefit on Wednesday night, but Eva totally redeems herself in this gold metallic Azzaro Fall 2009 long-sleeved backless dress.

What really makes this look, are her complimentary accessories. The stand-out piece was her Giuseppe Zanotti Special Edition crystal strap sandals, which Heidi Klum wore earlier this week in black.

Kate Hudson continues to astound me when it comes to her red carpet choices. Whenever she hits the red carpet, she commands your attention.

She has ‘it’…that indescribable thing her mother possesses, which totally wows you.

She was breathless last night in a floor-length black Rachel Roy Fall 2009 gown with cutaway panels, showing us how much she has been working out.

Like all the other attendees she is wearing Cartier jewels, but I’m totally in love with her dazzling necklace.

You may remember Zoe Saldana was the first to wear Prabal Gurung on the red carpet, and introduce us to this talented designer.

His collection continues to make an impact with Rachel Weisz looking luscious wearing a cream strapless Prabal Gurung Fall 2009 dress, with a pleated black striped draping detail from her black patent belt.

I would have preferred strappy sandals to her Alexander Wang pumps, but I don’t want to focus on what I don’t like too much, because Rachel looks so gorgeous.

Speaking of gorgeous Demi Moore also wore a Prabal Gurung Fall 2009 dress, giving Prabal the unofficial title of ‘Designer of the Night‘.

Demi’s wore an asymmetrical black dress, with cream stripes, showing off her magnificent legs, putting tight wearing Anne Hathaway to shame.

She has been walking the red carpet for years, not all of them were good, but in recent years she has been consistently fabulous, and on trend.

I love the candy coloured paillettes on the shoulder of Tory Burch’s pink polka dotted Lanvin Resort 2009 dress.

Yet another fabulous consistent look from Tory.

Erin Fetherston walked the red carpet wearing a her own glittering bell-bottom pants from her Spring 2009 collection.

I have updated this post, as I was unfortunately wrong in iding Anne Hathaway’s dress as Louis Vuitton. It was actually Jill Stuart.

Anne shows us how incredibly long her legs are in custom Jill Stuart navy dress, with a delicate lace overlay.

I would have never have put Anne in this dress, but for what it’s worth, she makes it work.

Not crazy about her hairstyle though.

I love the pants, this is a bold look, but I prefer how they were presented on the runway.

It’s brown, it’s bland, it’s boring, it’s shapeless, it’s sappy, so it must be Jessica Biel.

Some will say that she has Justin Timberlake on her arm she doesn’t need to try hard. I would whole-heartedly disagree. Note to Jessica, MUST TRY HARDER.

Free Image Hosting at www.ImageShack.us Free Image Hosting at www.ImageShack.us Free Image Hosting at www.ImageShack.us Free Image Hosting at www.ImageShack.us

Source & Source & Source
Karolina Kurkova In Preen - Lucky FABB: Fashion and Beauty Blog Conference

Karolina Kurkova In Preen – Lucky FABB: Fashion and Beauty Blog Conference

In Aubrey O'Day's Closet - 3.1 Phillip Lim Pink Zipper Dress

In Aubrey O’Day’s Closet – 3.1 Phillip Lim Pink Zipper Dress

26 Responses to Cartier 100th Anniversary in America Celebration

1. Rebecca May 1, 2009 at 13:55 #

Why do celebrities do that? When they’re in relationships, their clothes are so bland. But once they break up (eg Anne Hathaway), they start bringing it like never before and look incredible.

2. Fashion Critic May 1, 2009 at 13:57 #

I wish I knew why, because it is THE most annoying this in the world.

She was so damn hot before Timberlake.

3. ber May 1, 2009 at 14:16 #

Kate looks great, but I wish she didn’t look so orange.

4. Anonymous May 1, 2009 at 14:20 #

Well, imo, Biel never appeared t be especially interested in fashion. However, I do like her clutch, and her hair is absolutely wantable.
    I love Erin’s look, it’s quite hip.
    Tory Burch looks perfectly sweet in that Lanvin. It’s not especially risky, though.
    Demi gains votes for being hot, ’cause she obviously does. But she’s never really about making a statement, she just wants to look young and sexy.
    Kate looks great in black. I’m a bit surprised Rachel Roy designed that sensational dress.
    Anne Hathaway is my personal fav here. She managed to look spicy, on-trend, cool and still appropriate. The trickiest dress + the prettiest girl = BINGO!
    Eva is overdazzled by her outfit. Less glitter would’ve been more style. As for the heels, I prefer Heidi’s dark version.

David

5. SydneyCheapChic May 1, 2009 at 15:11 #

Kate Hudson looks smokin hot!

6. danielezka May 1, 2009 at 15:31 #

am i the only one who thinks Eva’s heels are too small for her?
    I prefer the black version

7. Ling May 1, 2009 at 15:42 #

Eva looks gorgeous, but the hair seems a bit boring for her sparkly outfit, one of her trademark beehive updos would have worked I think. I actually really like Anne Hathaway’s hair, shame about the dress, I don’t really like the little lacy bits. Kate’s body is too orange for me to focus on her dress! Rachel and Demi look fab, love the stripey dresses.

8. Lara May 1, 2009 at 16:04 #

Loving Kate right now. I want to be related to her somehow, because i want to have that “it” myself, LOL.

9. Anonymous May 1, 2009 at 16:06 #

LOVE Rachel’s dress.

Biel looks blah. I can’t stand her two toned hair. Why are the honey highlights just at the bottom?

10. robbie May 1, 2009 at 16:31 #

eva, hot as hell! although im really not into the shoes, i prefered the black ones heidi wore. also her toes are hanging off the edge, WTF she is a millionaire she can afford to get them in her actual size for crying out loud.

anne, O…M…G… she is stunning, it looks sooo hot. tights not so much, and shoes not so much. her hair is nice, but she always seems to go for the edgy hair and classy hair style alot though.

kate, its black and boring. is it just me or is her chest glowing orange?

rachel gorgeous from the ankles up. those booties are FUGLY! the rest is stunning though.

demi, stunning, but predictable shoes.

tory, just like demi stunning the predictable BORING shoes!

erin ooooh nice pants those are funky. very disco and saturday night fever-esqe. i hate her hair.

jessica, jessica oh god damn jessica BORINGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG. she needs to dump justin ASAP, since they got together both of them have been sucked dry from their youthful style.

11. cry May 1, 2009 at 18:29 #

Rachel Weisz wore Alexander Wang shoes and Chanel clutch.
    Sophia’s ring/earrings are by Julia Cohen for SWITCH.

(Source: JustJared)

12. Fashion Critic May 1, 2009 at 18:37 #

thanks for the Shoe ID, she would have made the best dressed list if it weren’t for those shoes.

13. Lisa May 1, 2009 at 18:42 #

omg eva’s shoes are GORGEOUS
    but would it have hurt her to go up a size? i hate it when toes spill over the edge of the shoe like that

and also, while we’re giving out free advice for jessica biel, i think she should calm down with the lip collagen injections
    they’re starting to look scary and unnatural

14. antoneLLina May 1, 2009 at 18:58 #

demi’s body is to die for…she is AMAZING here.

15. SarahV May 1, 2009 at 20:27 #

I think this is a very well-dressed event!! I patricularly LOVE what Eva Mendes, Rachel Weisz, Kate Hudson and Demi Moore wore!
    Erin Fetherston and (as usual) Jessica Biel were less exciting to me though…

16. Mira May 1, 2009 at 20:31 #

i love kate hudson. shes purfect! shes just got that glamour thing without the effort thing going on.

on the other hand.whats up with biel.seriously.girlfriend needs to be single again.

17. wi May 1, 2009 at 22:23 #

LOVE erin’s look!!!!!!
    I agree if the top were one like the runway it would of worked better, BUT i love it none the less. The look just matched her so well, her hair is lovely as well!

18. WendyB May 1, 2009 at 22:33 #

My seamstress fitted Kate Hudson’s dress — I saw it hanging in her studio before the event yesterday!

19. The Fashion Time May 2, 2009 at 07:18 #

Anne Hathaway isn’t wearing Vuitton, it’s a shock for us, but we’ve just got an email from Jill Stuart PR department, they’re saying that the dress is designed by Jill Stuart.

20. Fashion Critic May 2, 2009 at 08:34 #

Thanks for the confirmation. I would have put money on it being LV

21. Taylor May 2, 2009 at 09:15 #

Yes- bring on more prabal gurung dresses… it seems like everyone who puts them on is capturing my attention. I love it they both (rachel and demi) look gorgeous

22. Anonymous May 2, 2009 at 13:04 #

You’re welcome! :)
    Guess everyone has his own limits.

But, actually, I want to thank you – and I’m completely serious, you’ve really helped me! – for showing me how one must run a blog successfully. You really are a pro – I mean it!

23. Anonymous May 2, 2009 at 14:55 #

wow,Kate Hudson is so classy and chic! love!

24. Sydne May 2, 2009 at 23:41 #

I actually like Erin’s too. Personally, I would never wear sparkly bell-bottoms. But on her, it’s so fun!

25. mila May 3, 2009 at 12:43 #

Ok,whats up with those glittering pants on Erin?????
    i dont get it.To me she looks like she just came out of circus.

26. whitestroke May 4, 2009 at 15:36 #

Eva Mendes – Nice look on her, but she’s also on my list of celebs that keep posing in the same annoying way. She does this thing on the side, I’m sure, because she has extremely crooked legs, and she’s obviously not happy with it and wants to hide it as much as she can. It’s kind of sad that she’s so insecure about it, and the same pose is getting stale.

Kate Hudson – I love this. This is such a perfect dress for flat-chested. She wouldn’t look half this good in it if she had anything resembling a bust.

Rachel Weisz – I love this, too. I even prefer her look over the runway.
    Demi Moore – Very good, too. But I prefer Rachel.

Tory Burch – Oh I had my eyes set on that Lanvin pink polka-dotted dress for ages. It loses a bit of its charm without the cardi, I must say, but Tory looks very cute in it anyway.

Erin Fetherston looks like she just went out of the 1970s disco.

Anne Hathaway – Not feeling it at all. She completely lost it for me.

Jessica Biel – There are some people that look good with two-toned hair. She is not one of them. (I can’t even be bothered to comment on the rest.)