30.04.09 In Her Closet

Michelle Obama Wears Lanvin Sneakers To The Food Bank

On her 100th day in the White House, Michelle Obama volunteered, bagging food for hungry children at the Capital Area Food Bank.

The First Lady of Fashion was super casual, but still chic, wearing a J. Crew argyle cardigan, cropped pants, and snazzy Lanvin leather sneakers.

Her grey leather sneakers, had a purple metallic toe, and grey grosgrain ribbon laces.

I found a reversed colour version of Michelle’s sneakers with a patent grey metallic toe, from BrownsFashion.com for £310/€345.90/$455.42.

The J.Crew cardigan was $188, but reduced to $99.99

Like I always say when it comes to Michelle, get it before it sells out.

Source

Who Wore Chanel Better? Salma Blair or Leigh Lezark

Who Wore Chanel Better? Salma Blair or Leigh Lezark

On The "Beautiful Life" Set With Mischa Barton In Chanel, Dior, Dolce & Gabbana And Louis Vuitton

On The “Beautiful Life” Set With Mischa Barton In Chanel, Dior, Dolce & Gabbana And Louis Vuitton

12 Responses to Michelle Obama Wears Lanvin Sneakers To The Food Bank

1. Ling April 30, 2009 at 11:33 #

I like the cardie and the shoes, but I’m not a big fan of the cropped trousers – cropped trousers and trainers look a little too kiddie like to me (if that made any sense!)

2. Gaber April 30, 2009 at 12:14 #

This just might be my look of the week.
    I seriously love it!

3. stardust April 30, 2009 at 13:50 #

Michelle rocks as usual! and i love her sneakers! would be great to find them online in the exact same color combination…

4. Debra April 30, 2009 at 15:45 #

I’m sorry, and I do love Lanvin – just do not get these shoes. And I do think that wearing a pair of $455.00 tennis shoes to a food bank, is a bit odd. This has nothing to do with Michelle Obama -I am a big fan of her fashion – I just think -she could have picked a better shoe – people are only wearing these shoes b/c of the impressive price – they are not beautiful like their other shoes – leave these shoes to Lindsey!

5. Amelia April 30, 2009 at 16:36 #

I admire her infinitely. while on anyone else, i would probably have reservations about this look, but the grace of her style is truly unmatched- especially with what we’re used to seeing out of the White House!

6. Raquel April 30, 2009 at 18:27 #

See, see, see my point? How can a cardigan be appriated for both bagging food for hungry children and for metting the Queen of England??

Could she plese close the cardigan, instead of the one single buttoning thing? makes her hips wider.

Also, the pants are to tight and craps and sneakers with the I-can-see-you socks are wrong.

Generally speaking, it’s a nice idea, but the whole look doesn’r survive close inspection.

7. Fashion Critic April 30, 2009 at 19:08 #

LOL @ Raquel.

I agree about the single button thing.

8. Anonymous April 30, 2009 at 19:36 #

Has anyone ever considered that maybe she wants you to see her hips? Everyone in my community thinks that hips are an attribute that should be shown off.

9. DM April 30, 2009 at 20:11 #

Michelle Obama is such a fashion disaster! “Chic”? NO WAY! If anyone else would have worn this look out of the house and been photographed, the word used to describe it would definitely not be “chic”. Also, what is with her and all of these cardigans, especially argyle cardigans?? Bland. YOU ARE THE FIRST LADY – DRESS LIKE IT!

10. DM April 30, 2009 at 20:12 #

Also, I COMPLETELY agree with Raquel on her cardigan statement!!! GO RAQUEL! I’m sure she wouldn’t be caught dead wearing a cardigan to Buckingham Palace. Ha!

11. Raquel April 30, 2009 at 20:50 #

Geez, I can’t spell today, sorry. “Appropriated”, “please” “cropped pants”, “doesn’t”…

DM, lol, no, I would never enter the Buckingham Palace wearing a cardigan. NEVER. First, not the proper attire, second, my mother would beat the crap out of me, third my grandmother would come from the dead to beat the crap out of me for not dressing appropriated for the event, the place, the host.

I think Michelle is chic, but this look doesn’t survive a close inspection, though the idea is nice.

Ça va sans dire that I LOATHE the cardigan look for every occasion.

12. whitestroke May 1, 2009 at 20:09 #

I’m okay with Michelle’s cardis, but the one-button thing is really weird. It looks like she’s always getting them way too small, too. She should up the size and wear ‘em unbuttoned.

Oh dear, I have similar cropped pants (even the color!) my cousin from Canada sent me once, that I never wore. I guess Michelle would approve of them. LOL