30.04.09

2009 Parsons Fashion Benefit

Eva Mendes may have been the most high-profile celebrity at this event, but she wowed me the least.

The Calvin Klein fragrance campaign girl, wore an eggplant crescent hemmed textured dress from Francisco Costa’s Fall 2009 minimalist collection, with strappy Fall 2009 heels.

The dress was lengthen from the runway version, yet that’s still nothing to get excited about.

It’s a nice colour on her though.

Speaking of having the wow factor, Helena Christensen gave me what I always crave on the red carpet…bursts of colour.

The sultry aurban haired supermodel, wore a yellow and blue striped Marc Jacobs Voile draped dress, which really stood out from all the others.

The dress was worn with the runway leather sash, a black clutch, and black peep-toes.

Molly Sims opted for a long sleeved Calvin Klein Pre-Fall 2009 dress.

I admire Molly stepping out of her comfort-zone to wear this directional piece, as we’re more used to seeing her wear cute tunic dresses.

Had I not seen paparazzi snaps of Olivia Palermo out this week with Marc Jacobs shopping bags, I may not have sussed that she was wearing a Marc Jacobs Fall 2009 dress.

Her dress has been heavily modified from the long-sleeved runway version, but the paisley pattern on the material, and the construction of the dress remain the same.

The ‘social’ completed her look with black Pour La Victoire heels, and a canary yellow clutch, with a feathered detail.

Actress Amanda Setton picked an interesting and exciting piece from the Marc Jacobs Fall 2009 collection.

Amanda gives this full skirted piece the energy needed to pull it off. I adore the stripy skirt, the sequined red top, the Pour La Victoire heels, and the bare legs.

Anna Wintour attended Salma Hayek’s wedding in a re-run, just like she did to this event.

The Editor-in-Chief of Vogue US, wore the same Marni Spring 2009 ensemble, which she wore to the 5th Anniversary of the CFDA/Vogue Fashion Fund Event last year.

She ditched the maroon tights and metallic heels, to wear this look with gold strappy sandals.

Browns Fashion have both the sequin and macramé top, and the macramé pencil skirt available to purchase on their website.

Stylist Amanda Ross should’ve known to wear a nude bra under her gorgeous embroidered Peter Som Spring 2009 top.

I also would’ve preferred this look without the black belt, and I don’t need to share by feelings about the tights, but they kinda work with this look.

Source & Source

8 Comments
On The "Beautiful Life" Set With Mischa Barton In Chanel, Dior, Dolce & Gabbana And Louis Vuitton

On The “Beautiful Life” Set With Mischa Barton In Chanel, Dior, Dolce & Gabbana And Louis Vuitton

Runway To "Paley Center for Media Ugly Betty Screening" - Becki Newton In Dolce & Gabbana

Runway To “Paley Center for Media Ugly Betty Screening” – Becki Newton In Dolce & Gabbana

8 Responses to 2009 Parsons Fashion Benefit

1. Anonymous April 30, 2009 at 13:02 #

This has to be the best-dressed event of the week so far – not amazing, but at least we don’t have to look at Ashley Tisdale and similar desperados.
    The ladies in Calvin Klein look nice, especially Eva, who is by now, my fav of the week. The runway version is more spectacular, yet stil, Eva looks so sensual in her dress. Her skin is glowing, and those heels are smashing.
    I’m actually quite surprised to see so much Marc Jacobs – I guess Anna Wintour’s team pulled a few strings. Jacobs is, namely, co-hosting the MET gala on Monday. Olivia and Amanda look god, Helena not so much – those shoes are way too ordinary for such a fun dress + don’t you think it’s time for Helena to try something new with her hair?

David

2. robbie April 30, 2009 at 13:24 #

eva, out of all the possible colours she could have picked she went for black. she is hot, the dress is hot, but im not into the length its awkward looking.

helena, is seriously one of the most stunning women on the planet and damn she knows what looks good on her, i love everything about this look.

molly, i would have absolutely loved this if it wasnt for the ugly shoes.

olivia, the dress on her is perfect i hate the runway version. i much prefer the shorter sleeves dress. the tights and black shoes combo (very original huh?) just ruin this.

amanda, BARE LEGS!!!!! long time since bare legs in the skirt that short have been seen *faints* she looks hot.

anna, she looks good minus the hair. good to see her wear re-runs, but twice in a row, is a little strange.

amanda, visible bra, tights and belt ruined it!

3. Raquel April 30, 2009 at 18:21 #

I can’t get into Helena’s look. It doubles her hips, the colors does nothing for me…

Eva’s dress was bad on the runnay and it’s meh on her.

The Marni emsemble is so matron-ish, I don’t like it at all.

Olivia is cute, though.

4. zoe aka drinkupthefashion April 30, 2009 at 18:44 #

amanda setton looks very interesting. i think this look definitely works for her. this is the first time you’ve posted about her,no?

5. Fashion Critic April 30, 2009 at 18:49 #

Yes, it’s the first time I have featured her.

She really stood out at this event

6. cry April 30, 2009 at 18:51 #

I can’t find one outfit I like at this event!! Unbelievable!!

7. Anonymous April 30, 2009 at 19:56 #

You have the wrong dress for Eva
    it’s really the one Hanna Rundlof wore!!!

8. whitestroke May 1, 2009 at 20:42 #

Eva Mendes – Awful. Boring. Need I go on?

Helena Christensen – I wish she pushed the look even further. With edgier shoes, maybe some bangles, too. But I like it anyway.

I always have some runway looks which I fantasize of wearing. I was surprised to recognize TWO of those here. On Amanda Setton and Amanda Ross. (Hah! They’re both Amandas.) I’m not wowed by either of their looks. Amanda in Peter Som ruined the look with tights, safe shoes and the belt. The other Amanda just doesn’t carry the look well. I LOVED that look on the runway. I wanted to see it on someone edgy and stylish. She doesn’t make it neither edgy nor girly. It’s completely bland.

BTW Anna’s Marni outfit looks more like THIS one. ;)