29.04.09

Matthew Williamson For H&M Collection New York Launch Party

Whilst we look forward to the second installment of Matthew Williamson’s H&M collection, he had a launch party in New York yesterday.

It was a great chance for us to see pieces from the new collection.

The party nautically-themed party took place on a yacht, and Matthew invited some stylish stars to toast his success.

Campaign model Daria Werbowy caught my eye the most, as she was wearing the same splash print sequin dress, which I purchased last week.

Selita Ebanks really gave us the wow factor, wearing an asymmetrical gown, from Matthew Williamson Spring 2009 collection, with peachy accessories.

In case you are wondering, she will be a contender for Best Dressed Of The Week.

Helena Christiansen gave us a mark 2 preview, as she wore a dress from the second installment of the Matthew Williamson for H&M collection.

She wore a sweet mini printed dress, with a belt, embroidered clutch and gold flat sandals.

Lucy Liu is normally so stylish, but on this occasion, I’m not excited about her choice.

She wore a black embroidered black tunic dress, with nude peep-toes. This is also from the second collection, but it’s not the right style fit for my Lucy.

Mary-Kate Olsen added a pop of colour with her loose purple jacket, over her asymmetrical LBD.

Her Matthew Williamson piece, was the blue studded belt, which I unfortunately couldn’t find in my size.

Alexis Bledel shunned the H&M affordable collection, and opted for a graphic print dress from Matthew Williamson Spring 2009 collection, with Sergio Rossi elasticated strappy ankle sandals.

Great choice, but I much prefer this dress with a belt, as worn on the runway and by Joy Bryant.

Here is a look as what we can expect in stores on May, 14.

Free Image Hosting at www.ImageShack.us Free Image Hosting at www.ImageShack.us Free Image Hosting at www.ImageShack.us Free Image Hosting at www.ImageShack.us Free Image Hosting at www.ImageShack.us Free Image Hosting at www.ImageShack.us Free Image Hosting at www.ImageShack.us Free Image Hosting at www.ImageShack.us

Price guides

Rose McGowan In Alberta Ferretti - 26th Annual Genesis Awards

Rose McGowan In Alberta Ferretti – 26th Annual Genesis Awards

In Angie Harmon's Closet - Matthew Williamson

In Angie Harmon’s Closet – Matthew Williamson

21 Responses to Matthew Williamson For H&M Collection New York Launch Party

1. Anonymous April 29, 2009 at 13:01 #

they look nice, but Selita Ebanks was a knock-out!

Lexa

2. Jules O'Connell April 29, 2009 at 13:07 #

You know we want it…
    *seductiveglance*
    FashionFaceOff
    Give us C in the sequined dress
    I’d love to see what accessories you’d go with and some stylings of that dress
    btw even tho I LOVE Daria w that hair she lost already

3. EthanHunts April 29, 2009 at 13:34 #

Lexa, your link doesn’t work. You have go add an extra g at the end to complete the link.

4. Anonymous April 29, 2009 at 13:39 #

Don't you think it's very sad that everyone can instantly see the difference between Williamson's signature collection and his work for H&M? Those pieces look pretty humble compared to, say, the dress Alexis Bledel is wearing, and Sienna's frock from last week.
    And that's always the case when A-list designers do something for H&M – some of the pieces Viktor & Rolf's produced for H&M looked like their signature stuff!
    I think this is an interesting topic, since everyone seems to be into those high/low "relationships" nowadays.

David

5. Fashion Critic April 29, 2009 at 13:52 #

Thanks lexa x

6. Anonymous April 29, 2009 at 14:04 #

my pleasure :)

7. Ling April 29, 2009 at 15:21 #

Selita Ebanks looks gorgeous, but I LOVE Helena’s outfit – it’s so perfect for summer!

8. Vera April 29, 2009 at 15:45 #

I’m very disappointed with the whole collection.

I really was looking forward to something from Matthew’s collections. But all these…

9. Anonymous April 29, 2009 at 17:08 #

who makes mk’s bag??

10. Lauren April 29, 2009 at 17:11 #

I love Mary-Kates look!The jacket is gorgeous and helps stop this outfit from becoming boring! She looks alot… tidier than usual? Im not sure if thats the right work but something about her looks a little different

11. robbie April 29, 2009 at 17:26 #

fantastic, it all looks so pretty, but damn now i have to get that gorgeous peacock t-shirt.

the only celebs at this event that excite me at selita and helena, although her hair is terrible.

as always matthew himself looks amazing.

12. leo April 29, 2009 at 20:20 #

Lucy Liu is so consistent in always looking great. Love her!

Mary-Kate is my favourite. I love how she had fun while accessorizing because it shows in her attitude.

Alexis Bledel looks kinda sexy lately, who would’ve thought?

13. Kris April 30, 2009 at 02:21 #

I think Mary Kate should be nominated for best dressed because she looks so great..for once. It’s very rare that she wears clothes that actually suit her body and it’s also rare that her hair is not necessarily clean, but cleaner. Haha
    I’m not sure why the hell I like her look so much but I do.
    Everyone else kind of was boring to me..I can’t put my finger on it but I find that Williamson pieces should stay on the street and away from events.

14. Amanda April 30, 2009 at 05:31 #

I really like Matthew Williamson's collection for H&M b/c it does seem like things he designed in the past for his own collection. & what I wouldn't give to look like Daria, she's so effortless and gorgeous. She just has the perfect body for EVERYTHING! FC, you've mentioned that you're tall, so you probably look amazing in everything, as well.

15. Vania April 30, 2009 at 05:58 #

alexis wore
    sergio rossi narrow shoes

16. ben April 30, 2009 at 07:04 #

WOW, mary-kate looks AMAZING. who would’ve thought she could wear such a colour?

totally blew me away.

17. Fashion Critic April 30, 2009 at 09:34 #

Awww Amanda you’re too sweet. I always try to look my best.

Thanks Vania for the shoe id

18. whitestroke May 1, 2009 at 19:38 #

Daria looks awful, sorry to say.

I love Helena and Mary-Kate’s looks.

Lucy looks like she’s headed to the beach.

The dress on Alexis looks interesting. With the belt it has a bodycon quality to it. Without it is more A-line, and that’s also nice.

19. naimany May 4, 2009 at 19:37 #

Hi, the pictures of the things you said we shud expect frm the collection………i was wondering if the collection will be the same for the US and UK ? I live in NY and i’m in love with the yellow kaftan/tunic. I’m just trying to find out if i even have a chance of getting it……pls advise
    thanks

20. Fashion Critic May 4, 2009 at 19:43 #

Yes it will be the same for all stores. My advise is to get there early.

I hope you find it. :)

21. naimany May 5, 2009 at 01:03 #

thank you FC, it was very nice of you to personally reply to my query……i can imagine u must be very busy with all the fashion going around, keep it up:) u rock!