Who Wore L’Wren Scott Better? Nicole Kidman or L’Wren Scott

Designer/stylist L’Wren Scott is wearing the same emerald green strapless gown from her Fall 2009 collection, which she gave to her client Nicole Kidman just 3 weeks ago.

Heck, she’s even wearing the same armlet.

L’Wren to her credit, did modify the dress, by removing the embroidered detail on the bust line, but I’m still confused, baffled and bewildered, as to why she would wear the same dress so soon after her client.

Nicole wore this dress whilst backstage during the 44th annual Academy Of Country Music Awards in Las Vegas earlier this month.

L’Wren Scott wore hers when she attended Salma Hayek And Francois-Henry Pinault Wedding In Venice this weekend.

Nicole wins this for me, as I lose a bit of hero worship for Scott.

Source & Source & Source
11 Comments
Social Events Of The Week

Social Events Of The Week

Hannah Montana: The Movie Paris Premiere

Hannah Montana: The Movie Paris Premiere

11 Responses to Who Wore L’Wren Scott Better? Nicole Kidman or L’Wren Scott

1. Freida fan April 28, 2009 at 08:45 #

i would vote neither but if i had to pick it would be L’wren.. i like it minus the details and her heels look better.. it was a private event so i dont think its a huge deal she repeated it.
    ps shes insanely tall!!

Nicole

2. Jenny April 28, 2009 at 08:50 #

The biggest faux pa I have ever seen.

Shame on L’Wren Scott

3. Ahot April 28, 2009 at 09:05 #

Wow! i guess it’s over with their friendship. I don’t think Nicole will ever again wear her designs, as a designer should not try to outdo her most famous client. maybe if it was another style this won’t be a shame.too much similitude imao.

4. Ahot April 28, 2009 at 09:14 #

And this is NOT a private event, as le nec-plus-ultra of hollywood was there, and so the paparazzi. Imagine Nicole was there also and saw her…

5. robbie April 28, 2009 at 10:55 #

nicole all the way.

normally l’wren looks grwat but in that picture she looks terrivle her arms look really thin.

plus nicoles hair, lips all look perfect.

any idea how tall l’wren is? somewhere has said she was alteast over 6 foot, and she is towering over the man in the picture and her heels dont look high.

6. Fashion Critic April 28, 2009 at 11:00 #

she’s 6ft 4 apparently

7. robbie April 28, 2009 at 11:05 #

damn, she is tall. i thought you were tall FC but wow.

why is it fabulous women would tower over me lol.

8. Nik April 28, 2009 at 18:27 #

she designed the damn dress and probably fell in love with it…but then Nicole Kidman had an event before that wedding and…L’Wren reluctantly gave it to the client

try to put yourself in her shoes as a designer…

I totally side with L’Wren on this

9. Fashion Critic April 28, 2009 at 19:26 #

Nik, I understand what you are saying, but Scott has the greater responsibility when working with someone like Nicole Kidman to be seen as just a designer and stylist, and not competing with her client.

I would not be happy if I was Nicole.

10. Lala aka S-R May 1, 2009 at 06:33 #

Nicole is sickenly pale!! But she looks amazing in this gown!

11. whitestroke May 1, 2009 at 18:17 #

She’s got an audacity to call herself a stylist? She ain’t got enough creativity to style herself differently from the way she styled her client. I mean, down to the armlet. I always thought she was lame and this just proved it.