28.04.09 Premiere

Hannah Montana: The Movie Paris Premiere

*Sighs*

Miley Cyrus just can’t seem to get this red carpet this quite right. She’s like a roller coaster. One minute she’s up, next she’s down, and it’s all very confusing.

Last night she was in Paris, the fashion capital of the world, for her Hannah Montana: The Movie premiere.

Of her whole European promotional tour, this has to be my least favourite look.

She wore a Dolce & Gabbana printed halter-neck dress, which I really don’t like on her.

That neckline is so unbelievably fussy, there’s too much going on, plus the length of the dress feels quite awkward.

I found something similar, simpler an shorter on Sarah Coggles, which may have worked better for her.

Hopefully she will get to redeem herself before she travels home.

Free Image Hosting at www.ImageShack.us Free Image Hosting at www.ImageShack.us Free Image Hosting at www.ImageShack.us Free Image Hosting at www.ImageShack.us

Source & Source
Who Wore L'Wren Scott Better? Nicole Kidman or L'Wren Scott

Who Wore L’Wren Scott Better? Nicole Kidman or L’Wren Scott

36th Film Society Of Lincoln Center's Gala Tribute Honoring Tom Hanks

36th Film Society Of Lincoln Center’s Gala Tribute Honoring Tom Hanks

11 Responses to Hannah Montana: The Movie Paris Premiere

1. Ling April 28, 2009 at 10:59 #

I’m glad to see that she’s done something different with her hair, but I’m not liking the dress either – maybe if it didn’t have the fluffy looking bits on the neck and hemline it would have looked much better. I do love the butterfly print though, so cute.

2. robbie April 28, 2009 at 10:59 #

miley? roller coaster? to me she is just a big drop from the top of a cliff, always going down.

seriously WTF is up with this dress, god its hideous i actually am in shock that it is by 2 gods of fashion dolce and gabbana.

cant wait til this brat gets sumped by disney and ends up working in KFC.

3. Anonymous April 28, 2009 at 11:32 #

I think i may be crucified, but i actually think she looks really pretty- yes the neck line is a bit much, but overall she looks sweet (and I am no Miley fan in general)

4. Dana April 28, 2009 at 12:22 #

agreed, Anon! with literally everything you said ;)

5. Raquel April 28, 2009 at 13:44 #

Yeah, the neckline is too much for this dress, which I don’t like anyway. Hate the butterfly print.

6. shoeaholic April 28, 2009 at 14:01 #

I think she wanted to look sophisticated and high fashion for Paris and I can appreciate that. I also think she should get credit for not trying to look sexy (which she alwats does) and I like the dress too, especially the trim on the hem!
    But I’m still anti-Miley in general!

7. Leti April 28, 2009 at 15:42 #

I agree I actually liked this dress. I would have looked nicer if the neckline didn’t come up so high, but otherwise, I really liked this look on her.

8. Vicky April 28, 2009 at 16:34 #

The neck is a bit much, but she doesn’t play it safe. It’s OK to try looks. She’ll probably look back at this and say “never again.” But it’s good to try. The dress needs to not be black and white. That’s where it goes all wrong.

9. Nik April 28, 2009 at 18:35 #

her father (if he had any good parenting skills or intuition) should ORDER her, COMMAND her, to wear this dress every day…instead of those trashy numbers she parades on the streets with.

“When I was her age, my father wouldn’t even let me wear a tank top. It was summer and it was hot! Why daddy why?!”

10. Anonymous April 28, 2009 at 18:46 #

ATTENTION, ATTENTION: I’m not doing this on purpose!
    You know, just to differ.
    This is the first Miley look I really like, like, in total! One can clearly see that she’s wearing a dress from a European design house. It’s flirty, sweet and appropriate. Her hair is fine for the first time (read: I see a very little of it), and the shoes work with the dress, too. I also like that she’s not trying to be sexy (’cause she’s still too annoying for that). Since she’s not mature enough to make a serious statement, I think she should stick to ordinary-pretty confections with a retro touch.

David