28.04.09

36th Film Society Of Lincoln Center’s Gala Tribute Honoring Tom Hanks

Charlize Theron never fails to give us the wow factor, even if she is wearing just a LBD.

The actress arrived at this event looking beautiful and statuesque, wearing a long sleeved black Lanvin Pre-Fall 2009 lace dress, with a ruffled detail going down one side.

The dress was presented with a belt, which Charlize didn’t wear. Instead she accessorized with stunning jewels, a metallic clutch and metallic python heels.

I wasn’t a fan of the Bottega Veneta Fall 2009 collection with their built-in underwire bra’s, but seeing this gown on Christie Turlington, I must admit I’m now in love.

Some times you need to see a dress off the runway, to really appreciate it.

Woot woot. Julia Roberts is not wearing head-to-black.

You can’t imagine how I happy I was to see her not wearing a dress in her signature colour.

The actress arrived wearing a white jacquard Dolce & Gabbana sheath dress, with a black cardigan and black square toe heels.

Some of you may be shocked by what Rita Wilson is wearing, but I’m not. She’s never played it safe on the red carpet, and this is always admirable in my books.

Tom Hanks’ wife wore a paillette covered v-neck dress, with feathered shoulders.

I can’t say I’m crazy about her shoe choice, but everything else works for me.

Source

Hannah Montana: The Movie Paris Premiere

Hannah Montana: The Movie Paris Premiere

"Wonderful World" Premiere

"Wonderful World" Premiere

12 Comments

12 Responses to 36th Film Society Of Lincoln Center’s Gala Tribute Honoring Tom Hanks

1. Anonymous April 28, 2009 at 10:33 #

WOW, Christy looks amazing :)
    Lexa

2. Tamara April 28, 2009 at 10:42 #

Charlize and Julia are so beautiful and graceful. I love their makeup.

3. Ling April 28, 2009 at 11:01 #

Julia looks great! Would have preferred to see her without the black cardie though. I actually prefer the runway model in Bottega Veneta; I’m not sure if it’s just the sideways angle but Christie’s chest looks a little odd to me!

4. robbie April 28, 2009 at 11:11 #

charlize well what can be said about her except for frickin hot as hell! even in a black dress she still looks smokin.

christine i jate it the bust line just puts me off. she is beautiful though.

jennifer is glowing, but the shoes are hideous. but she looks great though and least it isnt all black for once.

rita, wow not in a good way, dress looks a little OTT and tacky, the opaque tights nope hate them and the shoes are the kind a dancer would wear. but kudos to her for taking a risk!

5. Anonymous April 28, 2009 at 11:52 #

Julia Roberts is a sight for sore eyes!

6. Raquel April 28, 2009 at 13:48 #

I love Rita dress, but the shoes seem so cheap and the sheer tights are a disaster. In this case I happen to think that opaque tights, like the ones evrybody has been using lately, would have been a much better choice.

I disagree on the Bottega Veneta dress, it is very unflattering on the chest, as it makes her boobs look crushed and down.

7. Fashion Critic April 28, 2009 at 13:58 #

I agree the opaques would have been better.

8. Mag April 28, 2009 at 16:29 #

Theron – such shoes alost always make feet so unshapely, but not this time. I seriously fear that she can wear everything and look divine.
    Turlington – is this a new trend or just completely ill fitting bra? Looks so ugly, like two flat pancakes laid on her chest.
    Roberts – jacquard dresses usually remind me of sofa upholstery and so is this time, but Julia’s face, despite the orange blonde, simply radiates with beauty.
    Hanks – don’t like the eighties silhouette, todays pictures gonna look hilarious in five years time, but not everyone might prefer timeless classic like I do. The black stockings however are repugnant, like corpse’s legs turning blue.

Sorry for my English, I just couldn’t keep my comments to myself.

9. Anonymous April 28, 2009 at 20:22 #

Julia Roberts will forever stay THE Pretty Woman in Hollywood. Beautiful no matter what she’s wearing. (Can’t believe I just said that!)
    Uhm… it’s ChristY. She is, imo, the best-looking nineties supermodel. She is also an anti-smoking activist. On top of it, she’s wearing a sensationally sensual dress and a fabulous lipstick. Can’t wait to see her at the Costume Institute gala.
    Theron’s clutch is adorable.
    David

10. Fashion Critic April 28, 2009 at 20:37 #

Hey Mag, thanks for your comment. I understand you perfectly ;)

11. SarahV April 29, 2009 at 02:39 #

I have to disagree on the Rita Wilson thing here!
    I admire her for stepping out of her comfort zone, but this looks horrible to me… The clutch totally blends in with the dress, the tights are UGLY, and I’m not even going to talk about those shoes….
    The dress is just a little over-the-top to me, I hate it…

Julia is GLOWING! I love it!
    The look is simple, but I’m pretty sure that’s her personal style.

12. leo April 29, 2009 at 20:27 #

Rita Wilson has so much personality, I adore her. This is a great look for her.