27.04.09

Social Events Of The Week

Rosemount Australian Fashion Week Spring 2009/10 – Camilla & Marc show

Australian Fashion Week has kicked off, so I hope that means we’ll see plenty of Lara Bingle during the week.

The gorgeous model arrived wearing a Louis Vuitton Spring 2009 ultra mini maroon cowl-neck dress, with purple puffy sleeves.

Her look was complete with – what I predict will be she shoes of the year – the Louis Vuitton Spicy heels.

Her dress is incredibly short, so the tights can be forgiven, but it doesn’t mean I like them.

“The Philanthropist” Broadway Opening Night, New York

Sarah Jessica Parker ivory dress, with an pink carnation is very cute, but I’m finding it hard to get excited about it.

“The Good Guy” Premiere, Tribeca Film Festival

Alexis Bledel is wearing a Cushnie et Ochs spring 2009 black dress, with cut-outs details.

It’s a very interesting choice of dress. I’m particularly fascinated by the shoulder pads on the sleeveless dress.

Independent Filmmaker Project, New York

We haven’t seen Katie Holmes on the red carpet much recently.

Here she wears a black satin Alexander McQueen halter top, with matching black pants. It’s quite classic, and appropriate for her event.

She completes her look with Givenchy lace-up heels, and a Hermes Medor clutch.

Thankfully Sanaa Lathan was there to add a lot of colour to this event, with her bright red dress.

I’m loving the multiple string of pearls.

Her look is complete with silver accessories.

Hannah Montana: The Movie Berlin Premiere

Miley Cyrus had yet another premiere to attend this weekend. This time she wore a dove grey Temperley London dress.

The dress was cute, not too tight, not too short, not too revealing, and age appropriate, so hopefully we can all agree – for once -that this is a great look for Miley.

Out & About, New York

The world has been going crazy about Kim Kardashian new lighter ‘do.

I say “please”, it’s so obvious the girl is wearing a honey coloured weave.

The volume of her hair is a dead giveaway, plus the texture.

As she lapped up the attention from the paparazzi, she was spotted out in New York wearing a black Helmut Lang V-neck twill jumpsuit, with Giuseppe Zanotti gladiator boots.

I don’t know about you, but this look scares me. I hope she takes out the weave soon.

Source

Rose McGowan In Alberta Ferretti - 26th Annual Genesis Awards

Rose McGowan In Alberta Ferretti – 26th Annual Genesis Awards

Hannah Montana: The Movie Paris Premiere

Hannah Montana: The Movie Paris Premiere

28 Responses to Social Events Of The Week

1. robbie April 27, 2009 at 19:39 #

lara hate the tights, come on there is such a thing as nude tights these days, i wish celebs would actually buy a pair.

SJP im actually liking this look, its cute but a little bit plain. im growing to really love the darker hair.

alexis, oh god no the idea of seeing ribs showing put me off.

katie holy mother of fashion! she is looking f*cking amazing, just like she did about 2 years ago.

sanaa the clout looks great on her and i love the accessories. she looks alot like ashanti though hmmm.

miley i have been even more put off this little brat ever since seeing her interview on joanthon ross. dress is nice on her not so much. she needs to do something with her hair, really its always the same sometimes tied back but it never changes.

kim, okay the “weave”, im not that in tough with female lingo, so is “weave” a better word for a wig? lol, anyway i hate the hair colour, and hate this whole look, which is pretty sadly.

2. SarahV April 27, 2009 at 19:41 #

Looks like Katie gained some weight again, good for her!!
    The blonde wig makes Kim look so much older…not a good look!

None of the looks in this post really wowed me, so there’s not much to say for me…

3. mila April 27, 2009 at 19:44 #

I cannot believe how boring SJP is!!!!!

4. Alicia April 27, 2009 at 19:46 #

It just seems so unnecessary. She already has beautiful hair! This screams “PLEASE TAKE MY PICTURE”

5. Vania April 27, 2009 at 20:19 #

Katie wore a pair of givenchy shoes
    FC, are you able to ID the season of her Alexander McQueen top?

6. cry April 27, 2009 at 20:21 #

Kim's look is so trashy and she is completely obscured by the beauty of her friend Chanel Iman: soooo cool, fresh, young and, maybe, to thin! Only one question: wool hat & boots should be worn in the same season of shorts & vest top???
    I like very much Katie: she's incredibly feminine and elegant! Love her Hermes medor clutch (already worn by her BFF Vic) and Givenchy booties ( http://www.shoptheshoebox.com/product_detail.asp?s_sb=2&s_cc=1&s_lev=2&s_pid=4198&colorid=3&s_vid=462)!!
    I'm also really well impressed by Miley: I think her style is evolving in the right direction! She's always cute and age appropriate! She's perfect in Temperley London and Marc Jacobs! Have you seen her red and beige stripes dress by Marc Jacobs (worn out at GMTV)?? It's delicious!!

7. Fashion Critic April 27, 2009 at 20:27 #

Robbie, think hair extension.

8. Iris. April 27, 2009 at 20:29 #

:o Kim looks soooo much like beyoncé don’t you all think?
    Alexis ussually doesn’t really excite me, but she looks very interesting !

9. Fashion Critic April 27, 2009 at 20:35 #

Vania, not sure of the season. It’s not a runway piece.

10. Terry April 27, 2009 at 20:37 #

Kim’s new hairdo is actually a wig, like she explained in her blog.

11. Fashion Critic April 27, 2009 at 20:43 #

Wig, weave, the point is, it’s not her real hair.

12. Nemesis April 27, 2009 at 20:56 #

Carla Bruni is in Spain this week for an official visit:http://www.elpais.com/fotogaleria/Nicolas/Sarkozy/Carla/Bruni/Espana/6410-1/elpgal/
    I hope you like the photos!

13. robbie April 27, 2009 at 21:13 #

god knows why she would want to wear a wig in the first place when she has gorgeous hair, unless she is testing to see if the colour looks good on her. and if that is the reason then no it looks bad on her.

14. patti April 27, 2009 at 21:16 #

No No No, not nude tights.
    i like lara’s look, but i don’t know if it’s because of the picture or the lighting or the tights, but you can’t really see the gorgeous shoes ( i know, they’re becoming a bit boring, but they’re still fab). they deserve much more attention.

15. Leti April 27, 2009 at 21:29 #

Kim explained on her blog that the hair was for a photo shoot. You can’t blame her for keeping it in and having a little fun w/it since it was in anyway . . .

16. Raquel April 27, 2009 at 21:55 #

I really like Katie Holmes, very chic, very efortless, sexy and youth, but a pair or earrings would have added some bling to her face.

Dress with cut outs on the front are a big no for me so I can’t say I’m thrilled with Alex.

As anyone remotely interested in fashion I do love Sarah Jessica Park, but this dress has cutesy written all over it and I hate to say this but she is past the age of cute.

Like Miley there, she is young enough to do cute.

17. Freida fan April 27, 2009 at 22:23 #

miley’s dress is cute and appropriate but i cant get myself to like it on her. did u see her at the Paris premiere?? her dress aged her about 40 years..

love Alexis Katie and Sanaa’s looks.

18. Hermine April 27, 2009 at 23:28 #

Hey. I’m loving Lara’s look. It’s Autumn here and it’s been pretty cold and very windy for the average australian autumn so it’s great she’s wearing tights if not she’d had frozen like hell. I HATE SJP’s hair….it had better be for a movie or something because there’s no excuse to have that much regrowth without making some effort to fix the colour. I really used to dislike Miley but maybe she’s changed her stylist…lol

19. The Mariah Carey Fashion Style April 28, 2009 at 00:08 #

Kim’s blond wig is really not growing on me. She should take that off!

Katie Holmes is wearing Alexandre McQueen!

20. Ben April 28, 2009 at 00:56 #

Lara’s tights can be forgiveable because it was very cold in australia, so i’m quite surprised she didnt rug up with a jacket aswell!

Lara’s looking beautiful as per usual, and SJP’s hair is looking very season 6 lately isnt it?

21. Nik April 28, 2009 at 01:27 #

Alexis’ look reminds me of 60s Audrey Hepburn

I like it…it reminds me of a turtle

it also makes her neck thinner and longer and makes her arms leaner

definately a tranny dress in the sense that it creates nice illusions

22. Pen Pen April 28, 2009 at 02:19 #

I think Kim is the most inconsistent so – called celeb, she has some really good day and then some day she just looks like she walks straight out of one of those hip hop MV. And I totally agree with you, the weave is so scary.
    p.s: Sanaa Lathan is so lovely.

23. A. Celeste April 28, 2009 at 06:14 #

kim loooks like a trashier version of beyonce…seriously when i skimmed over the photo i thought “oh beyonce again?!” then i looked and saw kim kardashian and was like “what the heck did she do to her hair?!!”

24. Fashion Critic April 28, 2009 at 19:22 #

thanks cry

25. berrylicious April 29, 2009 at 18:25 #

i’m getting reaaaaally bored with kim always wearing black….idk but to me she doesn’t have that spark, not even with her change…

and lara looks fabolous wearing louis vuiton spring09, the past orange/purple look also was stunning!!

26. Lala aka S-R May 1, 2009 at 06:35 #

TRAMP ALERT! This b***h is such an exhibitionist (Kim Kardashian)!! TomCat looks really great!

27. whitestroke May 1, 2009 at 18:14 #

Lara Bingle – Tights ruin what could’ve been a great look.

Sarah Jessica Parker – I LOVE this look so much!

Alexis Bledel – She always wears black and boring. This time it’s again black, but very inreresting.

Miley Cyrus – Finally gets it right.