Runway To Salma Hayek’s Italian Wedding

Salma Hayek and her husband, French billionaire François-Henri Pinault, had their second wedding this weekend.

People.com reported that Salma wore a Balenciaga wedding gown by Nicholas Ghesquiere for the actual ceremony, as she exchanged vows with Pinault, at the Venice opera house La Fenice. The bride wore her hair in a bun with a long veil, held a bouquet of orchids and stephanotis with crystals.

Her guests included Penelope Cruz, Javier Bardem, Ashley Judd, Antonio Banderas and wife Melanie Griffith, Woody Harrelson, Edward Norton Ziyi Zhang, Philippe Starck, Stella McCartney, Lily Cole, Anna Wintour and former French President Jacques Chirac.were looking fabulous too.

Salma’s BFF Penelope Cruz arrived with her gorgeous beau Javier Bardem.

Penelope wore a Caribbean blue Gucci Spring 2009 one-sleeved gown, with gold strappy sandals, and a matching clutch.

I love Penelope here, she looks so relaxed and fresh faced.

Charlize Theron arrived wearing a Christian Dior Spring 2009 slate grey halter-neck dress, but by the time she left the dress was considerably shorter.

Either she did a quick change inside the venue, or possibly many people stepped on her gown forcing her to shorten it. Either way she looks fabulous, even with the mask.

Frida Giannini appears to have taken some tips from Donatella Versace, by modifying her Gucci Fall 2009 mini dress, into a gown for this special occasion.

Her Trib Two lookie-likie platform heels were also from her Gucci Fall 2009 collection.

Anna Wintour arrived wearing the same black and white Chanel Spring 2009 Couture dress, she’d worn earlier this year to the Extreme Beauty In Vogue Party.

I love that she is not afraid to wear the same thing twice, but I would have preferred to have seen her in something different.

Source & Source & Source

Naomie Harris In Gucci - Harper’s Bazaar Woman Of The Year Awards 2013

Naomie Harris In Gucci – Harper’s Bazaar Woman Of The Year Awards 2013

36th Film Society Of Lincoln Center's Gala Tribute Honoring Tom Hanks

36th Film Society Of Lincoln Center’s Gala Tribute Honoring Tom Hanks

26 Responses to Runway To Salma Hayek’s Italian Wedding

1. Anonymous April 27, 2009 at 10:22 #

I think Penelope Cruz’s dress might actually be halston http://www.net-a-porter.com/product/39815

2. Fashion Critic April 27, 2009 at 10:46 #

The Halston dress is gathered on the hip, whereas Pen’s dress isn’t.

Hard to know for sure.

3. Ling April 27, 2009 at 10:56 #

Penelope looks gorgeous – this is what she should have been wearing on the red carpet in the runup to the Oscars! I’m quite confused about Charlize’s dress though!

4. Bego April 27, 2009 at 11:18 #

Penelope’s dress looks very much alike the one her sister Monica wore to the Vanity Fair oscar party this year!

5. Anonymous April 27, 2009 at 11:20 #

Is Penelopé finding her way back?? ‘Cause it seems like she is! I LOVE her in that blue stunner! And I’m happy those bangs are GONE, don’t know why she got those in first place. Hope she wasn’t the bridesmaid – she definitely would’ve stolen the show from the bride!

David

6. tom-tom April 27, 2009 at 11:40 #

its okay to wear the same dress twice… most normal people do, especially in a recession.

7. Fashion Critic April 27, 2009 at 12:05 #

Ling I agree. This is her best look this year.

8. Sxy Fashion Queen April 27, 2009 at 12:07 #

I thought it was Gucci too, but Spanish media say that both dresses she wore for the wedding are Versace… Did you see some gown like this by Versace?

9. Fashion Critic April 27, 2009 at 12:12 #

Tom-Tom, I didn’t say there anything wrong with this. Anna does this all the time, I’m well aware of the fact, but as someone who observes fashion, it is more exciting to see something new.

10. Fashion Critic April 27, 2009 at 12:15 #

Sxy Fashion Queen, no, I have seen anything like this for Versace.

11. Raquel April 27, 2009 at 14:03 #

Salma looks so pretty and both her and hubby are radiant.

Love Penelope, but FC you forgot to mention the best acessory ever – Javier!

I like Anna dress, but in my little corner of the world wearing white – or a partially white dress – to a wedding is the biggest NO NO NO NO ever.

12. Fashion Critic April 27, 2009 at 14:09 #

Raquel, you are so right. Javier makes me weak at the knees too. They took my breath away in Vicky Cristina Barcelona.

13. cry April 27, 2009 at 14:19 #

I think Penelope’s dress is this one: http://www.style.com/slideshows/fashionshows/S2009RTW/GUCCI/RUNWAY/00430m.jpg
    (without the pin!)

14. Liza April 27, 2009 at 14:21 #

Hi FC

Great post, yh i agree that Anna Wintour should have worn another dress and that Penelope is glowing in her dress.

But could you also post pics of the other celebs v.s. the runway at this wedding e.g. Zhang Ziyi, Lily Cole and stella mccartney, as they wore some nice outfits too.

Thanks

15. Fashion Critic April 27, 2009 at 14:23 #

I posted the ones I know and I can’t find a decent shot of Stella.

16. aliyassine April 27, 2009 at 15:26 #

just wanted to add that Italian actress Valeria Golino was at the wedding wearing a shimmering Elie Saab gown….i think she was the best dressed there ..thanks

17. Jules O'Connell April 27, 2009 at 15:37 #

what a wonderful affair there
    Love Swarlize’s double funtioning dress
    This is the 2nd blue-incident this year
    A month or so back Blake was wearing one quite similar and I thought it was Halston but something tells me it isn’t
    I’m getting a Versace vibe (weird I know and I’m probably wrong)
    btw have you seen the Fashion Fairy Tale?
    guess Anna’s not always perfect
    I need to go find me a man with his own Palazzo in Venice that we can meet and get married in
    plus I wanna star on 30Rock
    and I wanna have an ex-boyfriend called Ed attending the 2nd bash
    gosh – Wasn’t there a ‘no exes at weddings rule’?
    ps: any word on Joy’s shoes?
    psps: u know where I can find the Marc Jacobs Dress Leighton and Hil Swank both wore?

18. belle April 27, 2009 at 15:45 #

one of the best wedding dresses I’ve ever seen. Salma is perfection.

19. FelipeA April 27, 2009 at 15:50 #

Isn’t it kinda wrong for Charlize to wear a LVMH dress to the PPR wedding? It feels like a faux pas frankly

20. Fashion Critic April 27, 2009 at 16:06 #

FelipeA, I would say yes. She is a Dior girl, but not bound by contract to a private event surely. ?!?!?!?

That is why I am so convinced Pen is wearing Gucci and not Halston. It would be a slap in the face to her hosts to wear a designer outside the PPR group.

21. FelipeA April 27, 2009 at 16:26 #

It wouldn’t have killed Charlize to wear something from the Gucci Group (must it always be Dior???), or at least a better dress from that collection. it feels so blah. a little color would’ve been good. Penelope thank god is not wearing Alaïa black velvet. i hate Anna Wintour’s dress, though i applaud her for wearing the same thing twice. she looks like a bobble head in that picture

22. Freida fan April 27, 2009 at 18:53 #

aww they look cute. congrats to them!

Penelope and Javier are all kinds of hot!!! love that colour!

love Charlize’s dress and bracelet too.

23. robbie April 27, 2009 at 19:02 #

WTF, i know you never want to upstage the bride but for penelope to wear a god awful dress like that is shocking.

charlize she looks stunning as always. also looking beautiful in dior.

frida BORINGGGGGGGGG.

anna even more boring she looks nice but she really needs to change that f*cking hair. yeah its her trademark but please atleast do something nice with it.

if i ever got married and invited anna to my wedding i would demand her do something with her hair!

24. Ayesha April 27, 2009 at 21:01 #

WHOA. what is with wintour's arm in that pic o_o.

and penelope cruz = <3

25. Nik April 28, 2009 at 05:57 #

hmm…perhaps that dior are separates?

didn’t Charlize wear a Gucci dress when she won her oscar?…of course, that for tom ford…

26. Jules O'Connell April 29, 2009 at 16:08 #

some more from Penelope

Now I’m pretty sure it’s Halston – non?

plus there are some pics of stella @popsugar