27.04.09 Worst Dressed

2009 BAFTA Television Awards – Worst Dressed

Attention Seeker/Worst Dressed Award
Elize du Toit had a fight with some BacoFoil and lost. Miserably.

Does anyone else find it ironic, that there appears to be a banana skin at her feet?

Stop Trying So Hard To Be Cool/Get Over Yourself Award
Why Alexa Chung is considered a style icon, I will never understand. Yes she has moments of brilliance, but then don’t we all.

Her Luella Fall 2009 dress is not the issue, more the disheveled way she presents herself.

Opaque Tights? In this Weather? Award
On one of the hottest days of the year in London, Kaya Scodelario really could have done without the tights, as it totally ruins her cute golden Collette Dinnigan Fall 2008 mini cocktail dress.

Silver or gold strappy sandals would have made the world of difference.

Worst Cover Up/Worst Red Award
I really like Louise Redknapp, but I really dislike her red Sonia Rykiel Spring 2009 gown.

Sorry did I say gown? I meant tent, which does nothing for her.

Yes she recently had a baby back in November, but I have seen her a few times since, and she has a fantastic figure, and shouldn’t feel the need to cover up so much.

Her look is complete with a beige gold studded clutch.

Most Uncomfortable Award
Michelle Ryan another star who wore a red gown which just didn’t work for me

From the waist down, it’s a fabulous Donna Karan gown, but it feels so constricted around the upper arms. She would have had to walk around with her arms by her side all day.

Love The Dress, Hate The Hair Award
Jenni Falconer wore a teal gown from Ashley Isham’s Fall 2008 collection, which I really love, but I’m so tired of her same old hairstyle.

She has been in TV for about 7/8 years now, and the length, colour, cut has always been the same.

CLICK Here for the Best Dressed.

Source

Poppy Delevingne & Alexa Chung for THE EDIT

Poppy Delevingne & Alexa Chung for THE EDIT

Runway To BAFTA Television Awards

Runway To BAFTA Television Awards

16 Responses to 2009 BAFTA Television Awards – Worst Dressed

1. Hayley April 27, 2009 at 12:24 #

I’ve got to disagree with you about Alexa Chung and Michelle Ryan. Ok yes, Alexa Chung is a bit try-hard, but she gets it right, and what she wears looks good on her. Also, I LOVE Michelle Ryan’s dress, and that colour just pops on her. Also, Effy from Skins does not look good in real life! God, that makes me feel so much better!

2. Nino April 27, 2009 at 12:38 #

OMG! Elize du Toit looks like an UFO! :)

3. Anonymous April 27, 2009 at 13:09 #

I agree with Hayley. I don’t know how, but some ladies from the Worst Dressed list are my favs.
    Michelle Ryan’s red looks totally vibrant, and I liked Louise Redknapp’s (who is she?) airy chic. As for Alexa, she’s continuing her It-girl route – nothing revolutionary, but kinda quirky.
    On the other hand, that Tess Daly woman looks BAD! Hello, platinum hair while pregnant??! Patsy Kensit’s California tan and blonde hair don’t work, either. Miranda Raison’s outfit is OK, but it’s not the right thing for an awards show.

David

4. Fashion Critic April 27, 2009 at 13:12 #

Quirky??? She is an out and out mess.

5. Anonymous April 27, 2009 at 13:28 #

Alexa looks perfect..for a normal day out as a stylish girl. but please, not a kitty purse for an award show!

6. belle April 27, 2009 at 15:25 #

I liked Alexa Chung and I agree that Kaya would be gorgeous without the tights. I’m sorry to burst your bubble Hayley but Kaya (Effy from Skins) is still gorgeous and incredibly pretty in real life as well in my opinion.

7. Anonymous April 27, 2009 at 15:30 #

so tess daly has platinum hair while pregnant? no medical experiments proved the harm of coloring the hair to harm the baby. there are no reasons to stop looking after yourself when expecting a child. and espcially if tess daly is a tv presenter. i think she looks gorgeous and the philip lim dress is so flatering

8. Ling April 27, 2009 at 16:17 #

I can’t understand why Alexa Chung is a style icon either, she always seems to be wearing the same thing (tiny minidress, tights, quirky handbag etc) and she should probably sort her roots out too!! I agree with you about Michelle Ryan – it’s a lovely dress but she’s got a really atheletic body and to me, the dress makes her shoulders look huge!

9. Anonymous April 27, 2009 at 16:22 #

Elize’s outfit is for a part she is playing at the moment… it is not a serious outfit.

10. zoe aka drinkupthefashion April 27, 2009 at 17:59 #

i totally agree with you about alexa chung. i don’t know why everyone thinks she looks so amazing. she looks so drab most of the time! and she’s always wearing shoes that look like they’ve been sitting in a dumpster! she thinks she’s so cool. she’s one of those girls who are sickeningly sarcastic and for some reason get a bunch of compliments from deranged friends and then have debased confidence. i’m sure she could be a nice girl, i don’t know her…but i really want her to make an effort. maybe i’ll think better of her then. i did however love her look at that teen vogue party in that pink luella dress. i want that dress.

11. robbie April 27, 2009 at 18:58 #

elize WTF someone needs to tell her metallic is pretty but too much is just tragically tacky.

alexa i used to lover her casual chic but now its just too casual. she used to always look adorable in chanel but now its just dull in dior (i know she isnt wearing dior but i needed a designer ro begin with D :P)

kaya i love her in skins, but the tight ruin this sadly, she is such a pretty girl though.

louise just a big huge mess.

michelle, i like her alot but i hate the dress. also her hair is just too blah.

jenny needs a new hairstyle, she should do a pixie look she would look nice with a pixie cut.

FC i love you, i love the way you do bitchy comments but make them sound nice :P.

12. Gaber April 27, 2009 at 21:30 #

I giggled!
    To quote you:
    “The rest who are on the list I agree with, but I can not believe Alexa Chung is 6th when really she should have been 1st.”
    My my my!

(Aren’t you just THRILLED I was looking up Kate Moss yesterday! :P)

Oh and don’t get me wrong – she still looks like shit!

13. Fashion Critic April 27, 2009 at 21:33 #

LOL @ Gaber.

Ha, just goes to show what a difference a year makes, and how someone once so humble, became such an annoying a try hard.

14. Chloe September 28, 2011 at 05:36 #