27.04.09 Best Dressed

2009 BAFTA Television Awards – Best Dressed

Ravashing In Red/Best Dressed Award
Patsy Kensit gives Louise Redknapp and Michelle Ryan a masterclass on how to wear a red gown.

The mermaid Dolce & Gabbana gown, with a pleated train, and floral corsage detail at the waist, was so exquisite that Patsy was Best Dressed at this event for me.

Best International Award - despite being born in the UK
Although Mischa Barton brought a touch of Hollywood to this UK awards do yesterday, she wore one of our London based designers.

Her floor-length long-sleeved gown was from the Osman Yousefzada Fall 2009 collection.

I love the gold turtle-neckline, but it would have been nice had she wore her hair back so we could have got the full effect of the detail.

Best Maternity Award
If I didn’t already know Tess Daly was pregnant, I would never have guessed.

Her 3.1 Phillip Lim ruffle-front shift dress, does a very good job of disguising her baby bump.

The radiant mum-to-be wore her dress with a black clutch, gold bangle, and tribal inspired Jimmy Choo Serena strappy sandals.

Best Use Of Accessories Award
Miranda Raison dove grey dress is gorgeous, but what I love about this look the most is the pink shimmering belt she paired with the dress. Without it, I think this dress would have looked so plain.

Best Embellishments Award
Hannah Murray grey tights work better with her Collette Dinnigan Fall 2008 silver dress with a feather detail on the skirt.

You may remember that Fearne Cotton wore this same dress to the National Television Awards last year.

On Trend Award
Liz McClarnon doesn’t usually do elegant, but that is how she presented herself yesterday in the colour of the season: nude.

Her asymmetrical gown, with pretty flower embellishment was definitely the right choice for her.

Best Use Of Colour Award
Davina Mccall wore a cobalt blue draped gown. I love the detail on the front, and how she didn’t over accessorize her look.

I love that she opted for a lilac clutch, instead of a predictable black clutch.

Sexy Back Award
The lace trend maybe over, but that didn’t stop Lisa Maxwell wearing this lace backless gown, with a bow detail on the front.

Summertime Floral Award
The way our British summer time is going; glorious sunshine yesterday, rain today. Lucy Benjamin did well to give her floral Matthew Williamson silk lamé dress an airing.

Lord knows when she’ll get to wear it again.

High Fashion Award
Jamie Winstone gave us some high-fashion wearing black Chanel Pre-Fall 2009 dress, with jeweled brooches, and strappy metallic sandals. Hot pink lips complete the look.

You’re Never Too Old To Be Fabulous Award
The grand dames of British Television were not to be out done by their younger counterparts.

Barbara Windsor and June Brown aka Peggy Mitchell and Dot Cotton from Eastenders, looked sensational. Barbara wore a black gown, with a sheer yoke, that tastefully shows off her cleavage.

For me June looks outstanding. First off, I LOVE her hair like this. Secondly her cream skirt suit with embellished jacket is sublime.

CLICK Here for the Worst Dressed.

Source

2009 BAFTA Television Awards - Worst Dressed

2009 BAFTA Television Awards – Worst Dressed

Heidi Montag's Monique Lhuillier Wedding Gown

Heidi Montag’s Monique Lhuillier Wedding Gown

7 Responses to 2009 BAFTA Television Awards – Best Dressed

1. Nino April 27, 2009 at 13:43 #

FC, do you know who the red gown is by? I LOVE it! It looks like one of those mermaid gowns.

2. Raquel April 27, 2009 at 14:07 #

I really dislike the lace gown, it’s no flattering at all.

Word on Mischa’s hair. It’s one of my biggest pet peeves on the red carpet, all those pretty dresses and we never see the details because the hair covers it. In Mischa defense she is not the only one, though.

3. belle April 27, 2009 at 15:20 #

Patsy Kensit and Hannah Muray are my favorites. I think Hannah’s dress would be better without the tights but she still pulls it off and looks gorgeous

4. cry April 27, 2009 at 16:09 #

I think Mischa is kind of obsessed with Louis Vuitton Spicy Sandals: she’s wearing them everywhere, even in this occasion.. I think gold sandals would be better thank these red absurd shoes, especially for the blue dress she’s chosen!!

5. Ling April 27, 2009 at 16:13 #

Patsy Kensit looks lovely but the visible line at the knee of the dress looks a little odd to me. Why was Mischa wearing such a wintery looking dress at such a summery event, and why was she even there in the first place?? Liz McClarnon looked the best I think. Oh and I really dislike this hot pink lipstick trend, I think it looks awful!!

6. ~*juDee*~ April 27, 2009 at 17:14 #

whyyyyy was mischa barton there??!! why is she anywhere?? what does she do??!! everytime i open a paper shes there….at least if she served a purpose she wouldn't be as annoying.
    i feel she needs to go away on a round the world trip to truly find herself and discover what her calling in life is (Lord knows it isn't acting)… >:-|

7. robbie April 27, 2009 at 18:50 #

patsy wow lady in red just got hotter. i love that she didnt over do the accessories.

mischa looks okay… but the hair. if i see her im getting my scissors and cutting it all off.

wow tess is pregnant, she looks hot! i love her shoes.

miranda love the dress, the accessories and the pink belt is gorgeous.

hannah i am normally a tights hater as you know FC, but i think the tights look really nice with her look, only thing i hate are the shoes, they look like ones my neice wears and she is only 4.

liz wow for someone who normally either does trashy or tomboy style, this is a gorgeous look on her.

davina i love the blue and lilac together looks pretty nice, less predictable.

lisa, im a little unsure about the dress, i love it! but im unsure about the fit around the cleaveage it looks like it is sticking out a litte bit when it should be right against her skin.

lucy very bright, pretty and summery fantastic.

jamie, i love this dress. didnt eva longoria wear it before? i know SJP wore the dress in the MPK and SJP interview on the sex and the city movie dvd.

WOW WOW WOW WOW WOW WOW, barabara and june just WOW they both look amazing, its strange seeing june look this fabulous when normally she is in the same old clothes on the show, and barabara just looks stunning, very high hair.