24.04.09

Social Events Of The Week

The Hermitage 20/21 Dinner, London

Oh Dasha Zhukova, Best Dressed Of The Week was going to be difficult enough without you arriving at this event looking spectacular.

The Russian beauty wore a two tone Lanvin Spring 2009 strapless bustier dress, with a gathered skirt, which Claire Danes wore to the 2009 Film Independent Spirit Awards.

Champagne heels complete the look.

Tribeca Film Festival Chanel Dinner

Silver harem pants, and a black turtle neck on some would look tragic.

On Diane Kruger? Magnificent.

I’m not even going to attempt this look, as she owns it.

Debra Messing on the other hand, doesn’t have my admiration. Instead I will give her my pity.

Nothing good is happening from the neck down.

Mary-Kate Olsen wore a loose, beaded tunic dress, which one would assume is vintage, but it’s actually from Nina Ricci’sFall 2009 collection.

LOVE the nude make-up, and the way she accessorized with a thick black and gold belt, to give the dress shape.

She added a pop of red via her Nancy Gonzalez clutch.

Kerry Washington opted for a classic tweed Chanel Spring 2009 boat neck dress, with a silver clutch and eggplant heels.

“Obsessed” Screening, New York

I love the detail of the origami folds on Ali Larter’s strapless cream satin Blumarine Fall 2009 dress, plus her Balenciaga strappy sandals, but the hair ruins everything.

Tous Boutique Opening, Barcelona

Kylie arrived at the Tous boutique opening in Barcelona, wearing in a floor-sweeping, black strapless Herve Leger dress with white stripes at the bust for a maritime-inspired look.

Source

Chloé LA Boutique Opening Celebration

Chloé LA Boutique Opening Celebration

2009 Billboard Latin Music Awards

2009 Billboard Latin Music Awards

8 Responses to Social Events Of The Week

1. Nik April 24, 2009 at 19:17 #

MK Olson, leave it to a former anorexic to wear yet another loose fitting dress

I am sorry but Diane Kruger looks like a granny from Florida or some yenta from Yonkers or Atlantic City or Reno.

Kerry Washington’s dress looks a lil ill fitting

and thank you FC for taking the time;)

2. Jules O'Connell April 24, 2009 at 19:23 #

Duh, this Chanel thing alredy messed up my mod last night
    I get it – it’s chanel so black’n’white are kinda ok but REALLY?
    So bland – so unmotivated (esp Debra)
    And don’t even get me started on Ali
    What the what?
    What happened to her she was so dressed so ‘her’ (that AWEsome flowing white Globe dress I’ll never forget)
    So this hasen’t happened in a long time in my head
    not being on the same page w u FC
    caus I do not like one bit of Diane (which is also rare)
    and the shoes :( blurg (Choo?)
    maybe I just don’t get it
    *quietlysobbing*

The Lanvin I like :) that is one lucky Russian Billionaire mistress erm girlfriend

3. robbie April 24, 2009 at 19:41 #

dasha, really nice but im not wowed by it.

diane a little unsure if i love this look, the harem pants are nice but the turtle neck is boring.

debra MEGA HOT MESS! nothing is good from the head down.

mary kate boring……. as always.

kerry stunning as always, best dress of the week maybe ;).

ali, the hair and heels ruin it, cream dress with black sandals.

kylie!!!!! i love her, never saw her as the herve leger type of person, but its pretty nice. although i am confused by it, as first it looked like a top with a skirt over it. i love her hair, she is back to her usual hot self. i love her little clutch.

4. Jess April 24, 2009 at 19:44 #

Nothing good is happening from the neck up on Debra Messing, either. Her makeup is a disaster and her eyebrows look totally painted on. I’m not loving the hair, either.

5. Fashion Critic April 24, 2009 at 20:31 #

LOL @ Jess, I was trying to be kind. :)

6. whitestroke April 25, 2009 at 18:47 #

Come on people! Don’t be hating on turtlenecks!

What’s so great about Diane is that she’s capable of pulling something so ON TREND, yet not making it look like she follows trends blindly, but rather knows so much about fashion that it’s just so natural to her.

World, give Debra a break! I kinda get the 60s school girl meets the 50s housewife look she was going for. It’s just that the execution failed somewhere along the way.

7. whitestroke April 25, 2009 at 18:49 #

Oh, Diane's bag looks like Dolce & Gabbana Spring 2009. ;)

8. leo April 25, 2009 at 19:52 #

The women on the Billboard Latin Awards went to the “ugly section” of the Gustavo Cadile showroom. So many bad dresses, Gloria Trevi is the worst.

Mary-Kate Olsen and Kerry Washington both look exquisite. May-Kate’s dress is one of those things that she almost misses but seems to pull off in way that no other could. I’m so in love with it, and the make-up is fantastic.

Ali Larter’s looking weird, she looks like Duffy there. From the bad hair to the unflattering dress and the wrong choice of shoes.

It may be a sign of the end of the world because I liked 2 Hervé Léger dresses this week. Kylie looks simple but chic in her black dress, love the white stripes detail and the leg showing and the shoes were great also.