Runway To "Obsessed" New York Screening – Beyonce Knowles In Balmain

Nope this is not Beyonce Knowles day, but she is making me sigh with a lot of appreciation for her choices lately.

It was the New York screening of her new thriller Obsessed last night, and for once she is going to make Best Dressed of the Week a very difficult choice, and I have NEVER said that about Beyonce.

Beyonce arrived wearing a Balmain Fall 2009 sequined dress, which had pointy neckline. The train was wrapped around her waist, then it cascades down to the ground with dramatic effect from her hips.

When I saw B in this dress, I was happy the hair was sleek and straight, waves or curls would have been too much.

The accessories are none fussy, none blingy, whilst the shoes are patent Louboutin pumps.

I’m totally in love with her here, in case you didn’t pick up on my gushing. ♥

Miley, Kate Beyonce….Hmmm, it’s going to another tough choice this week.

Free Image Hosting at www.ImageShack.us Free Image Hosting at www.ImageShack.us Free Image Hosting at www.ImageShack.us Free Image Hosting at www.ImageShack.us Free Image Hosting at www.ImageShack.us Free Image Hosting at www.ImageShack.us

Source & Source
Kendall Jenner In Oriett Domenech - 2014 Teen Choice Awards

Kendall Jenner In Oriett Domenech – 2014 Teen Choice Awards

Prada Transformer Show

Prada Transformer Show

23 Responses to Runway To "Obsessed" New York Screening – Beyonce Knowles In Balmain

1. Anonymous April 24, 2009 at 10:05 #

Apologies, I beg to differ on this one. I felt that she has cheapened the look of the Balmain dress. The dress also happens to emphasize her tighs, not very flattering at all. And her Louboutin shoes does the dress no justice at all, it’s too boring for such a dress. I prefer her in Elie Saab.

2. serapart April 24, 2009 at 10:58 #

wow, she looks so thin here, love the dress on her <3

3. songzyuuup April 24, 2009 at 11:53 #

Bey's legs look a little stuffed in the skirt, and the combination of that and the long train give a mall/prom dress feel. I agree that she cheapened it a little, but at times I don't even think it's her fault. Bey has this Barbie Doll/extremely safe and commercial quality that can make the edgiest of fashion choices scream "beauty pageant". But even with all that being said.. the straight hair, acccessorizing (or lack thereof), simple makeup, and corset make this look a DO! She's gotten it right all week. RANDOM: Anyone know what type of jacket she wore on the TODAY show? http://www.beyoncenow.net/fotos/displayimage.php?album=1413&pos=0 It looks like Balmain.

4. Ling April 24, 2009 at 12:06 #

She looks good, except I’m still not keen on half mini-skirt half full length skirt dresses. I’m glad she didn’t wear the boots from the runway though, they would make it look a bit tacky.

5. Jayson April 24, 2009 at 12:08 #

She looks awesome. This has to be her most consistent week I’ve ever seen from her. This dress, better yet whole collection, is just perfection.

6. Lara April 24, 2009 at 12:32 #

OMG, amazing.

7. Anonymous April 24, 2009 at 12:35 #

EXCUSE ME, ”thin”??! Perhaps we’re not looking at the same picture?!
    Her legs are too fat for this dress, but she’s not willing to admit it. I don’t feel the need to applaud her just because her stylist told her to leave the humongous chandeliers at home this time. She (almost) erased Kate Moss’ recent effort of saving Balmain from garbaging.
    The bracelet is nice.
    Overall, I don’t see how Beyonce could dress more mediocre than this.
    I NEVER say this, but she should stop trying. There is no point.
    I’ll stop commenting on her, at least for a while.

David

8. Ayesha April 24, 2009 at 13:22 #

Wow that bandage skirt is amazing…should’ve chosen better shoes though. With this kind of dress, it’s all about the shoes.

9. robbie April 24, 2009 at 13:35 #

hate it, just when i weas starting to like her more “classy” look, now she goes back to her trashy style. this is typical beyonce tight, showing cleavage and showing legs.

10. Fashionista Chick April 24, 2009 at 13:56 #

I think The dress is a size tight for her ,I guess her thighs & boobs look squashed..I am wondering can she breath ?

11. Anonymous April 24, 2009 at 14:06 #

she looks extremely trashy and i dont think it is completely due to her styling – i think most of the balmain collection is very trashy and it has only become so fashionable because of extortionate prices, which have allowed the items to only be bought buy the rich. Nobody has really addressed this issue and i feel that on this site, anytime any balmain is worn everyone is gushing over it when in reality i think it looks extremely cheap.

12. Kyutipye April 24, 2009 at 14:21 #

Why do people have to state opinions so harshly? You don’t have to bash her. That said, I think she looks absolutely beautiful. I agree, the dress seems a little too tight. But she made the effort to let the dress shine by toning down other areas. I do think she could have worn more interesting shoes though. I LOVE Mrs. Carter and this has been an ah..mazing week for her.

13. boogie April 24, 2009 at 14:22 #

I love Beyonce, but this dress is not for her body type :((

14. serapart April 24, 2009 at 15:01 #

i meant her waist to look thin not her thights, she always has been curvy, that wont change and i prefer her curvilicious, its her, yes the skirt might be a lil too tight but still i think it looks good on her.

15. Tamia April 24, 2009 at 15:25 #

As Bey would say herself haters ‘to the left’. Everyone saying she is too big to wear the dress makes me feel bewildered,surely it’s a good thing that Bey is showing that it’s not only size zero’s who can rock balmain? She looks totally devilish,its a sexy dress only made sexier by her sexy and feminine body…look back at pics of gemma arterton wearing a similar style of this dress and then tell me Beyonce doesn’t look good. A + Bey:)though I’d love to see Amerie in this dress, I think she’d kill it.

16. Freida fan April 24, 2009 at 16:47 #

When I first saw this I thought u wud hate it FC ! I’m happy u like it I think she looks amazing here!!! This look is fierce and it’s very B and the hair and makeup are flawless..

Nicole

17. Nik April 24, 2009 at 16:58 #

wow reading the comments, I can fully see the low self-esteem and bad self image some girls have in our current environment

FC, she didn’t wear tights with a dress that short!

I am glad that you chose to review her in a Beyonce-context! She so couldv’e overdone this look, but she didn’t. B’s taste has certainly matured.

18. Fashion Critic April 24, 2009 at 17:08 #

I’m a bit shocked at the comments regarding her weight, but each their own.

I love her in this dress, even though everyone else seems to hate it.

19. Anonymous April 24, 2009 at 18:16 #

Just to make it clear: I personally don’t have anything against B’s figure, nor against voluptous ladies in general. This is the thing: if a curvier friend of mine would want to wear a similar dress, I would tell her that her legs are simply too strong for it.
    My point was that I honestly don’t think Beyoncé is able to look consistenly stylish, and that has nothing to do with her weight.
    That doesn’t change the fact that she has a great voice or that she may be talented for other things – still, even I were her fan (which I’m clearly not), I would try to be realistic. This IS a celebrity fashion blog (a damn good one, if I may say), so let’s not get too personal.
    Nice weekend to everyone!

David

20. Debra Conway April 24, 2009 at 18:49 #

This is not about me, it is about a grown woman who wears her clothes too tight.

Bey, just ignore the size tags and where the size that fits. You are a role model for young girls, show them how to dress appropriately.

21. Kris April 24, 2009 at 18:51 #

It’s not the fact that she is ‘fat’ or that these comments are coming from people with low self-esteem. It’s the simple fact that certain clothes look better on a svelte figure, such as Balmain pieces, and other garments, such as curve hugging Leger dresses, look beautiful on hourglass curvy figures.
    Beyonce consistently chooses clothes that don’t accommodate her hourglass figure (I have the same shape as her and I would never, ever wear this dress not because I’m not ‘brave’ but because I want to showcase my figure, not make it look bad)

In addition to choosing the wrong clothes for her shape, the clothes that she does wear look so incredibly cheap on her. This dress is great on the runway, with the rocker boots and the fierceness of the model, and Beyonce lacks that. Ugh, I hate this look so much. Sorry FC :(

22. Anonymous April 24, 2009 at 20:29 #

Hi there,

At the end of the day, I would sum up by saying that there are certain looks/dresses/style that a person may carry off well, but another may not carry off well. I guess they just have to choose what would look good on them and emphasize the right features of their frame. This doesn’t mean they should stick to plain and simple, playing it safe. Even if trying something different, find something that they could carry off well. It just so happens that everyone has conflicting views on Beyonce’s look in a Balmain dress. But I would admit, Kate Moss would rock the hell out of this dress if she wore it.

23. whitestroke April 25, 2009 at 16:16 #

Since I hate Balmain in general, it’s really hard for me to like a Balmain look, unless it’s someone who can rock it in the right way, like Kate Moss, or if some unreal science fiction moment happened and someone looks in it better than I thought it’d be possible. This is not about her weight, nor her figure. I just think Beyonce is not the Balmain type of girl, and she’s just jumping on the latest trend bandwagon like everyone, without thinking does it suit her personality.
    What I hate the most about it, though, is the overposing. I just WISH so much that we see more celebs posing in the natural way, like Michelle Williams or Kate Bosworth, for example. Like “Oh yeah, I wear this because it’s a special occasion and I love this dress. And you photographers just happen to be there, so take a photo if you will, but it’s not like I’m actually posing for you.”