24.04.09

Prada Transformer Show

Watching Asian stars on the red carpet, is always a treat.

The looks are daring, exciting, some crazy, fashion forward, and risky weather they pay off or not.

Case and point is Yoon Eun-hye. She picked the most daring piece from the Prada Spring 2009 collection.

The maroon sweater is open at the back, with a few ties to secure it, which she wore with printed shorts, and a what could be confused as an apron tied to her waist.

Unlike when Nicole Kidman wore a piece from this collection, Yoon didn’t press out all the intended creases.

On the site where I got this photo from, they said she should be arrested. I think she should be applauded for her bravery.

Despite her bashful wave, Cha Ye-ryun also picked a fabulous colourful strapless dress from the Miu Miu Spring 2009 collection, which was famed for it’s mosaic prints.

Yes she is wearing the total runway look, with a green python Prada clutch, but her look is still so refreshing.

Kim Min-hee’s Prada Spring 2009 dress may look plain, from this angle, but it has transparent panels on the sides.

I love that she wore a black scarf around her head to compliment the ties on her shoulder and the hip of her dress.

Sung Yuri modified her black Miu Miu Spring 2009 dress, by shortening it, to show off more her long legs.

She should have also shortened the sash around the waist, as it dominates the skirt of her dress.

Her hair was styled into an updo, whilst she wore snake skin heels from the Prada Spring 2009 collection.

Koh Ara wore a Miu Miu Strapless print dress from the Spring 2009 collection. This dress has a mosaic print on the front, with a black paneled back.

Koh looks very sophisticated wearing her dress with the red runway belt, and Prada heels.

You can buy this dress for Net-A-Porter’s US site for $1,865, or the international site for £1,055/€1,350.

Free Image Hosting at www.ImageShack.us Free Image Hosting at www.ImageShack.us Free Image Hosting at www.ImageShack.us Free Image Hosting at www.ImageShack.us

Source & Source

Runway To "Obsessed" New York Screening - Beyonce Knowles In Balmain

Runway To "Obsessed" New York Screening – Beyonce Knowles In Balmain

Evan Rachel Wood At The "Whatever Works" Premiere & After Party

Evan Rachel Wood At The "Whatever Works" Premiere & After Party

16 Responses to Prada Transformer Show

1. Nino April 24, 2009 at 12:11 #

Seems like Miu Miu and Prada are the most loved designers in Asia.

2. Anonymous April 24, 2009 at 12:12 #

Holly Mother of Prada! Forget Nicole & Sigourney, these Asians are Miuccia's real fans! Daring, bold and fun to watch! My fav would be Kim Min-hee's crinkled piece.
    I expect AT LEAST two of these girls to be serious candidates for Best Dressed! :))

David

3. Anonymous April 24, 2009 at 12:26 #

I absolutely adore this Prada collection. Even though they are not some of my fav pieces, it’s still nice to see them away from the runway. Plus I am glad someone wore those shoes aswell.

T

4. abbey April 24, 2009 at 12:52 #

Lol, seems like you got confused by all these Prada and Miu Miu-looks, too- Kim Min-hee’s dress is definately Prada as the text says, but on the runway pic it says it’s Miu Miu. :)

• kristel May 10, 2012 at 00:21 #

the text says she wore a PRADA shoes not the dress

5. Stefano April 24, 2009 at 13:13 #

That Prada model scares me.

6. Fashion Critic April 24, 2009 at 13:38 #

Oh Abbey, thank you.

You are right. I was in Prada Miu Miu haze. LOL

I will update it when I get back to the ranch.

7. Fashionista Chick April 24, 2009 at 13:46 #

This was actually a Prada event,so I guess many of the stars wore Parada,
    Fashion Critic I want you to post this one,I was excited to see this event,I liked some of their daring choices..

8. SarahV April 24, 2009 at 15:37 #

Whoa, the Prada model in the first picture is WAY too thin…

9. Sarah April 24, 2009 at 16:40 #

FC, I am so glad you don’t take the negative and conservative view of most “fashion” sites who would have labeled every look here a “fashion crime” (or something along those lines). I love that these women dare to be bold instead of safe. I can’t say enough how much I enjoy your fresh take.

10. Nik April 24, 2009 at 16:50 #

I often get this strange feeling that Miuccia Prada has gone senile these days…but hey, at least her collections are always distinct from the other trends in fashion

that is such a cool observation FC. Many american celebrities would have cringed at these looks for the red carpet.

You go girls!

11. Kris April 24, 2009 at 18:44 #

I completely agree with Sarah’s comment, I don’t think any other blog would give props to these ladies.

But you forgot to mention the fact that two of these ladies dared not to just wear the clothes but also the CRAZY shoes that caused ..what was it 3? 4? models to face plant on the runway. Amaaazing.

I love this post!

12. Fashion Critic April 25, 2009 at 16:09 #

Sarah, thanks so much for your comment.

What you said is the very reason I started this site in the first place.

Thanks :)

13. whitestroke April 25, 2009 at 16:26 #

I’m losing words when it comes to Asians. I have a thing for Asians in general LOL and the fact they’re so fashionable makes me love them even more.
    I especially love the way they didn’t tone down runway looks. Like Cha Ye-ryun, for example, who wore both the dress AND that apron-like thingy over the skirt. I already gave up hoping we’d see those anywhere else but fashion editorials. Even few of the stars that wore Miu Miu Spring 2009 just went with plain sheath dresses, without that double skirt over it. I was SO bored.

Well, those sites that call these looks ‘fashion crimes’ just prove my theory that people who critique fashion-forward pieces in a harsh/mocking way just don’t know a thing about fashion. It’s usually people who didn’t even SEE that stuff on the runway. If you see something on the runway, you’re way more open to it in real-life as well, because you know the context of it. Such sad individuals shouldn’t even critique fashion when they obviously don’t follow it.

14. gogoboi April 26, 2009 at 11:12 #

thank you for everything you have been doing. this site is just fabulous. it has become my habit to check it out every day.

BTW, i think the “PRADA 2009 FALL”s should be 09 S/S.

15. Fashion Critic April 26, 2009 at 11:21 #