24.04.09

Chloé LA Boutique Opening Celebration

Kate Bosworth looked so gorgeous and fresh faced at this event.

As co-host she wore grey silk embellished tank, with a lemon floor length chiffon skirt from the Chloé Fall 2009 collection, all whilst showing off an embellished cream Chloé bag.

It’s just so easy for Kate.

Zoe Saldana is doing her best to state her claim as the ‘Girl of the Moment’.

She gives us hit after red carpet hit, and this Chloé Spring 2009 dress comes second in my admiration after her red Prabal Gurung dress last week.

This ethereal white shift, with a keyhole detail, just oozes sweet sophistication.

Definitely one to continue to watch.

Leighton Meester is the a typical Chloé girl, cute, sassy, young and beautiful.

I love her look, but her satin apricot Spring 2009 dress looks like it needs adjusting a little. It kinda looks a bit twisted on her.

I simply adore her bracelet, her hair and flawless make up.

Christian Louboutin Dillian Flower pumps from the 3.1 Phillip Lim Spring 2009 collection complete the look.

Chloe Sevigny, who co-hosted this event with Kate, wore a navy blue pant suit from the Spring 2009 collection, under a white blazer with scalloped edged lapels from the same collection.

Like her co-host this is easy for Chloe, and I appreciated her efforts in not wearing Look 29 as presented, and mixing things up a little.

Looking as stylish as ever, Camilla Belle opted out of wearing white, like so many others, but that only made her stand out even more.

Her leather-look Chloé Pre-Fall 2009 LBD, had cute bow ties going down the back. It maybe black, but it ain’t safe. Just look at how short it is.

Two-tone Chloé Spring 2009 heels, and a black clutch complete the look.

Wow so many of my girl crushes graced this event. Fabulous overload.

The absolute beauty of Lake Bell’s look, is how simple, clean and fresh it all looks.

She never tries too hard, but always looks outstanding.

January Jones wore a Chloé draped Grecian gown, belted with a blush pink sash.

Her make-up was a flawless as her dress.

Maria Sharapova serves up an other ace, proving her off-court style is worthy of our admiration.

The plunge neck nude Pre-Fall 2009 dress, with the navy sash is fabulous, but her hair and heels lose her a few points.

Molly Sims opted for a champagne and black printed dress from the Chloe Pre-Fall 2009 collection, with clear embellishments.

I love this sassy dress, which she wore with Chloé Spring 2009 bow heels.

Amber Valletta’s Chloé Spring 2009 asymmetric dress, with a ruffled neckline is very chic, but her hairstyle really lets her down.

I love these peachy/nude colours on Camilla Alves.

Her look was from the Chloé Resort 2009 collection, which included a boyfriend blazer, tank top, embellished mini skirt, nude heels and a clutch I would die for.

Gaile Lai’s khaki Chloé Spring 2009 jumpsuit is so incredibly chic, but I really don’t like her choice of heels.

Ever Carradine picked the only dress from the Chloé Resort 2009 collection, which I never expected to see on the red carpet. I really don’t think this dress will flatter anyone.

Estelle’s black playsuit is well accessorized, but I still feel like she is very muted lately. She’s not the Estelle we are used to seeing.

Emma Stone’s cobalt blue long sleeved shift dress, was worn with Jimmy Choo Samoa Kid sandals.

Dear Agyness Deyn, we all know break-ups are tough, but remember you’re flying the flag for British fashion. Please dress more appropriately in future.

Debbie Matenopoulos presents The Daily 10, and during awards season she also presents Fashion Police.

Debbie, I think it’s time for you to turn yourself in.

She is wearing a Alice + Olivia Penelope party dress.

This is your second to last chance to give your shout outs for Best Dressed this week.

Source

Evan Rachel Wood At The "Whatever Works" Premiere & After Party

Evan Rachel Wood At The "Whatever Works" Premiere & After Party

Social Events Of The Week

Social Events Of The Week

23 Responses to Chloé LA Boutique Opening Celebration

1. Jules O'Connell April 24, 2009 at 17:21 #

*thud*
    busy crawling and getting back on my chair
    oh boy
    just – speechless
    ALL of them
    WHY don’t they attend every event like that?
    *gasp*
    want need argh
    I mean whee shall I start?
    JANUARY!!!!
    I want a slice of that freshness and glow and grace asap

2. Anonymous April 24, 2009 at 17:25 #

F I N A L L Y ! !
    This is what I call a sincerely fashionable affair! And how else could it be, when Kate and Chloe are the hosts!
    How refreshing: sweet pastels, easy fabrics and playful details instead of heavy black leather, studded booties and Balmain; spring has arrived! FC, you and the girls have made my day!
    My post would be too long if I would comment on all the things I like here. The post looks like a best-dressed list (ok, except for Aggy and… the rest of them not wearing Chloé!). January and Leighton nailed it.

David

3. Fashion Critic April 24, 2009 at 17:31 #

Ouch! LOL I felt that.

4. Vera April 24, 2009 at 17:50 #

I vote for the Best Dressed event of the week!

And I haven’t seen Agyness. I-have-not-seen-her.

5. leo April 24, 2009 at 18:02 #

Zoe Saldana: WOW! That dress looks amazing on her, she’s having a nice run with her last red carpets looks. One to watch for sure.

I’m also in love with January Jones, she looks so delicate and feminine and natural. It looks so effortless, it’s breathtaking.

Are you going to post Kylie hosting some Tous event in spain? Her look was one of my favourite this week also.

6. Kris April 24, 2009 at 18:04 #

I so agree, this event is amazing. I’ve never been a big fan of Chloe, especially their shoes, but this past two seasons have been stunning and exactly what I like.

I don’t really like Kate’s look..yes I said it. I loooove that Zoe did justice to the dress that Aubrey O’Day completely massacred. You’re right FC, Leighton Meester’s dress needs some seriously tailoring and steaming. Chloe Sevigny for best dressed! The proportions are perfect and her legs look great and she wears Chloe with that nonchalance that their clothes require. Camilla Belle’s dress is just not flattering from the front.
    I really like Sharapova’s look, just not the hair..or the girl for that matter.
    Molly Sims will always be a hot mess, she has such poor style, no wonder Rachel Zoe didn’t want to deal with her anymore.

I love Camilla Alves’ look, right down to her messy hair. It’s funny that her hair is gone unnoticed here but Kristen Stewart’s much neater..messy..hair, haha, always gets a few nasty comments from people.
    I won’t comment on the rest of the ladies because I like this event so much…oh Debbie..

7. Anonymous April 24, 2009 at 18:15 #

I guess Camilla Belle is wearing this Chloe dress from pre-fall collection.

From Russia With Love

8. Regina April 24, 2009 at 18:37 #

Great event!!
    Ohh you missed Lake Bell)She was cute)

9. tehzeeb April 24, 2009 at 18:39 #

wasnt Zoe Saldana’s dress also worn by that danity kane girl??? (forgot her name oops!) anyhoo just goes on to show how u can make a dress look exceptionally beautiful and skanky, in the way u carry urself. lol no offense to anyone :P

10. Fashion Critic April 24, 2009 at 18:54 #

thanks Russia

11. Patricia April 24, 2009 at 19:00 #

I have such a huge girl crush on Camilla Belle. She just brings life to everything she wears!
    (Speaking of, she looks beautiful in the May – Elle Italia spread. It’s nothing wow-factor, but romantically cute none the less)

And completely agreed, this whole event was some rewarding fashion eye-candy.

12. Fashion Critic April 24, 2009 at 19:01 #

Thanks Regina :)

13. Ling April 24, 2009 at 19:28 #

Shout Outs for Best Dressed: Zoe, Chloe (how appropriate that she co-hosted this Chloe event, hehe!), January, Amber (I actually really like her hair, don’t like the shoulder bag though, a clutch would have worked better) and Gaile (not sure who she is but she is GORGEOUS!)

Not loving: Kate (might have looked better if the skirt was shorter/same colour as the top?), Leighton (dress looks a little twisted) and Camilla (it breaks my heart really, but I expected more from her!)

14. Sarah April 24, 2009 at 19:33 #

Debbie’s Alice + Olivia dress isn’t so bad – she’s just too old for it.

15. Anonymous April 24, 2009 at 19:39 #

Was Anja Rubik there? Im asking because she is like the model muse for Chloe and I love the wa she styles herself!

16. Vera April 24, 2009 at 19:51 #

I absolutely agree about Balmain. Although Christophe Decarnin’ pieces are extremely beautiful, I’d rather see something light and soft. And… I’m scared, but in a couple of weeks Heidi Montag would wear something from Balmain and that would be the last day of the brand.

Honestly, I expected Stella McCartney to be the hit collection of this season.

//Maria’s dress is Pre-Fall 2009 (http://www.style.com/slideshows/fashionshows/2009PF/CHLOE/RUNWAY/19m.jpg)

17. robbie April 24, 2009 at 19:57 #

kate, gorgeous outfit but the bag is the ebst part. love that bag.

zoe, im sorry but after seeing aubrey in that dress it has officially ruined my chances of EVER liking it.

leighton, STUNNING apart from those shoes, they look like some growth is growing from her feet not good.

chloe, well she is simply stunning as she usually is.

camilla the dress is nice but on her im not sure about it, i love the detil on the back.

lake BORING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz.

january this is nice but nothing special, the shoes are the best part.

maria, is love it. she looks so tall in that picture.

molly i love the dress and the embellishment those shoes are stunning.

amber something about this really makes me hate it, i dont know what but i just cant like it.

camilla, the hair ruins this it looks to “just got out of bed” style, the clutch is beautiful.

gaile i love it but i think sandals would have look nicer.

ever (is that her name? lol) boringgggg

estelle cute look but its rather dull compared to what she normally wears.

emma the dress is too plain and shapeless for my liking, the jimmy choos are nice.

agyness i will most likely be the only person to like her outfit, its funky and “edgy”, better than some of her other looks in the past.

debbie, if she hasnt lifted the dress up i would have liked it, but the rather childish poses put me off. the dress is GORGEOUS! i want it right now.

18. Fashion Critic April 24, 2009 at 20:35 #

thanks Jess and Sarah

19. Nikki April 25, 2009 at 02:03 #

i was about to say best dressed event ever, but then i saw the last ones!!! what a pity, everyone looked so good and they ruined it.

but my god, the first ones are GORGEOUS!!!

20. Lily :) April 25, 2009 at 05:28 #

OMG. I love every outfit at this event! except for Agyness Deyn’s. Wtf is she wearing?

Kate Bosworth looks amazing.

21. whitestroke April 25, 2009 at 18:33 #

I hope to God Chloé opens a new boutique in another city in 6 months, so we can see such well-dressed and fashion-forward looks again. It’s a shame we probably would never see a lot of these if it wasn’t for this event.

Kate Bosworth – I love it. No one wears Chloe like Kate. It’s interesting she’s the only one wearing a piece from the Fall collection. She’s got the authority on Chloe stuff. LOL (BTW her tank looks like a version of a long-sleeved top from Pre-Fall 2009.)
    Zoe Saldana – This is NOT the dress Aubrey O’Day previously wore. Aubrey wore a version of THIS dress. I love this look on Zoe. Everything is perfect, even her typical pose is less annoying than usual. She’s a lucky size zero bitch. Most pieces from that collection, especially the ones with keyholes, are hard to pull off if you’re not skinny as hell.
    Leighton Meester – I love this, and I hate this. Great that she was brave enough to pick this dress and be one of the most fashion-forward girls at the event. But like you said, something is wrong with it. I think it looks twisted because the skirt is deflated. (Surprise surprise!) It looked balloon-y on the runway, but on her it looks like she kept pressing it for days not to be that way. The belt was also better on the runway. Don’t understand why she went with it that way, it’s hanging even longer than the dress and just makes the look even busier. (Zoe also made the belt longer, instead in a bow, but it’s less annoying on her.) The shoes… on one hand, it’s amazing how well she color-coordinated it with the dress, on the other… probably a bit too much altogether.
    Chloe Sevigny – Those legs! She’s just perfection. I ALWAYS imagined Siri’s runway look on someone like her. Pairing it with a blazer from another look proves once more Chloe knows her fashion.
    Camilla Belle – From the front she looks like a hungry child from Africa. Skinny body with a big swollen belly. :/
    January Jones – Her dress is a version of this skirt. Although, that COULD be a skirt actually, worn with a white tank from the Fall collection.
    Maria Sharapova – I don’t mind her hair. For selfish reasons. I made my hair like that 2 days ago. Don’t look at me like that, I was trying what else I can do with my new bangs. D:
    Molly Sims – Very nice. Lacks charisma for me to be bowled over.
    Amber Valletta – I kinda don’t mind her hair either. What’s wrong with me? *bangs head* The dress fits her WAY better than Lily.
    Gaile Lai – I actually GET those shoes with it. They give off a very hip young working girl from the 80s vibe, whether I personally like it or not.
    The rest – Thumbs up for Camilla Alves and Emma Stone (minus the shoes). Thumbs down for everyone else.

So long, sorry. But I was excited. And NO TIGHTS!

22. zoe aka drinkupthefashion April 26, 2009 at 01:21 #

everyone is so well dressed at this event. wow wow wow! everyone except the last few starting from ever carridine on down…

23. sabah August 26, 2009 at 17:40 #

hey does anyone know whact clutch is camilla alves carrying? ur right fc, tht clutch is to die for!