Who Wore Dolce & Gabbana Better? Frieda Pinto or Lakshmi Menon

From the runway to editorials, both Freida Pinto and Lakshmi Menon wore this stunning embellished Dolce & Gabbana Spring 2009 maroon dress in their recent editorials.

Freida wore the dress in her Vogue India March 2009 editorial, in a pose that saw her leaning against a couch quite passively.

Lakshmi’s Dazed & Confused April 2009 editorial was more powerful, with her dripping in gold necklaces, looking like a goddess. I’m still in total awe of her.

Freida doesn’t even come close. Lakshmi wins this easily.

Source & Source & Source
Who Was Your Best Dressed This Week?

Who Was Your Best Dressed This Week?

Who Wore Zac Posen Better? Demi Moore or Bijou Phillips

Who Wore Zac Posen Better? Demi Moore or Bijou Phillips

8 Responses to Who Wore Dolce & Gabbana Better? Frieda Pinto or Lakshmi Menon

1. Freida fan April 23, 2009 at 08:15 #

you know i love my girl Freida and i think that was on of her best shoots till date!

but when it comes to photoshoots Lakshmi is supreme! She is one of my fav models and this shoot was fierce!! So i vote Lakshmi!

2. cari April 23, 2009 at 08:30 #

okay. poll is currently at 33, and freida is winning. i don’t know what you all are smoking, but this better change.

3. Paulo April 23, 2009 at 08:50 #

Since these are both editorials…I think it’s a case of apples and oranges.

That said, I do prefer the Freida shot.

4. Fashion Critic April 23, 2009 at 12:21 #

LOL Cari. Your comment cracked me up.

5. Anonymous April 23, 2009 at 12:30 #

Well, by now probably everyone knows I’m not a Pinto fan, but for some reason, I prefer Freida’s version. I adore Lakshmi, yet her version is a clear case of V.I.S.U.A.L O.V.E.R.L.O.A.D. You can’t really see the shape of the dress. “Latika” looks feminine AND opulent, but not so heavy.

David

6. Raquel April 23, 2009 at 13:31 #

I agree with Paulo, different editorials with different purposes. I can’t really chose here.

The dress is stunning, though, I want to see some red carpet diva wearing it… Cate Blanchette would rock this.

7. Sarah April 23, 2009 at 14:06 #

Lakshmi’s versison has way too much going on. I much prefer Frieda’s version the dress is a big statement on it’s own, there is no need for a ton of accessories.

8. LILA April 23, 2009 at 18:03 #

I couldn’t agree more with you..as much as i love Freida, she doesn’t even come close..Lakshmi looks absolutely breathtaking! The concept of the shoot is amazing and, Nicola Formichetti did a wonderful job, and the model is superlative..couldn’t ask for more! And yes cari, this poll better change ^-^