Beyonce Knowles has to be one of Elie Saab’s most loyal celebrity client. She has worn his blinged out gowns to many high profile events.

For the first time ever, Elie Saab produced an elegant daywear line with his signature glamour, and modern silhouette, for his Fall 2009 collection.

Drew Barrymore was the first celebrity to wear a piece from the daywear line for the Grey Gardens panel discussion last week.

Beyonce became the second, as she gracefully showed off those famous curves, wearing a dove grey (yes it looks white in these pictures) Elie Saab Fall 2009 dress, with a draped detail over one shoulder.

She wore the dress when she arrived at the Ed Sullivan Theater for a taping of the Late Show With David Letterman. She was there to promote her new thriller Obsessed.

I adore the dress on her, it’s so elegant and refined. Her look is complete with her trademark large earrings, and white Toni Maticevski peep-toes, with black heel and platform, plus multiple multi-coloured mini rosette details on the back.

She arrived at the Ed Sullivan Theater wearing in a plunging blue dress, teamed with Ruthie Davis gold ‘Odyssey’ heels, and a gorgeous champagne coloured Jillian Lewis Fall 2009 tailcoat, with an elegant ruffled lining. If this name sound familiar to you, it’s because she was one of the finalist on season 4 of Project Runway.

I need this coat in my life. If you need it too, you can purchase if from Searle for $1,498.

Mrs Carter continues to impress.

Free Image Hosting at www.ImageShack.us Free Image Hosting at www.ImageShack.us Free Image Hosting at www.ImageShack.us Free Image Hosting at www.ImageShack.us Free Image Hosting at www.ImageShack.us Free Image Hosting at www.ImageShack.us Free Image Hosting at www.ImageShack.us

Source & Source & huge thanks to Dolce Lorenzo for the Jillian Lewis i-D.
In Miley Cyrus' Closet - Matthew Williamson for H&M & Luisa Beccaria

In Miley Cyrus’ Closet – Matthew Williamson for H&M & Luisa Beccaria

US Weekly Hot Hollywood Style Issue Event

US Weekly Hot Hollywood Style Issue Event

21 Responses to Runway To "Late Show With David Letterman" – Beyonce Knowles In Elie Saab & Jillian Lewis

1. Anonymous April 23, 2009 at 12:25 #

I LOVE LOVE LOVE her white shoes!!

2. Anonymous April 23, 2009 at 12:47 #

Still not really impressed, but at least she’s not trying to be overly hip. Drew’s green version is prettier imo, the earrings and the white heels are quite nice actually. But those toffee highlights are plain wrong… I understand why do you want that coat!
    David

3. SWANKY-D April 23, 2009 at 12:59 #

I AM IN LOVVVE WITH HER :D

4. xdittax April 23, 2009 at 13:13 #

She’s simply magnificent!

5. robbie April 23, 2009 at 13:14 #

wow 2 looks by beyonce that i love. the first one is gorgeous those shoes are beautiful. im not sure about the earrings but the rest of the look is great.

her second look is rather typical beyonce but stunning. love the shade of blue, those shoes are just yum and the coat is the best thing about this look.

6. Raquel April 23, 2009 at 13:26 #

Really, really good and the white dress is sutnning.

If you get your hands on the coat, can I borrow it? :P

7. songzyuuup April 23, 2009 at 13:34 #

People can call it boring or typical, but this is the Beyonce I love. It may not be daring, but both of these looks fit her like a glove. She looked amazing in both dresses last nite, and it’s nice to see her wearing something that complements her curves. I can tell the tour is keeping her in shape. Her body and skin are amazing. Both pair of shoes are to die far. Ugh, I couldn’t imagine being that gorgeous everyday. lol

8. Ahot April 23, 2009 at 14:10 #

i want it too! the first time EVER i would love to wear somethin’ Bey has worn. Schock! But i still want it. Please tell us who designed it. Maybe if i sell my house, i can buy it ;)!

9. serapart April 23, 2009 at 14:20 #

i´m drooling all over the coat *sighs*

10. Anissa April 23, 2009 at 14:26 #

Not loving the shoes, but that Dove dress is perfection and classy (the the coat is quite yummy). Here’s hoping she keeps w/ the class and loses the trash (aka her own line)!

11. ZzaRaZza April 23, 2009 at 14:38 #

This is the most refined and elegant look on Beyonce I’ve ever seen. She doesn’t look fat in dove dress (she often does – like her dresses are too tight for her), her waist is gorgeously defined and her overall look is very fresh and unbling-y (thanks God!)

Blue with gold pumps is just usual B., the way she always is.

12. Freida fan April 23, 2009 at 16:35 #

Yes I’m so happy u posted this I stayed up especially to watch her on letterman last night.LOVE the white soo much and both the pairs of shoes .. and the blue is stunning!! But the coat is just wow ! Great looks! she’s doing a lot of promo for her new movie and the tour so I hopefully she gives us some good stuff!

Nicole

13. DolceLorenzo April 23, 2009 at 17:42 #

I think she looks great, especially in the dove grey dress.

The coat is also gorgeous; which by the way is from Project Runway designer Jillian Lewis’ Fall 2008 collection. You can find it here.

14. Fashion Critic April 23, 2009 at 18:04 #

DolceLorenzo, I owe you.

Thanks so much.

15. Dolcelorenzo April 23, 2009 at 18:12 #

My pleasure, darling. Love you and your site : )

Does anyone know who designed those black and white shoes? It’s killing me that I don’t know.

16. robbie April 23, 2009 at 19:41 #

oh just seeing that coat on the model makes me not like it, beyonce looks alot better in it.

17. SarahV April 23, 2009 at 23:51 #

She seems to have taken on a style that seems more natural for her over the past weeks…
    I’m not feeling the Gareth Pugh-thing on her, it seems forced…

18. leo April 24, 2009 at 18:10 #

The Elie Saab dress looks just made for her, it fits her to perfection. Plus it gave her an amazing figure and posture during the performance, fantastic.

19. whitestroke April 24, 2009 at 20:49 #

It’s a good look, but I continue not to be wowed by celebs in that Elie Saab collection. I just don’t find her interesting enough whatever she wears. White shoes are interesting, though.

20. Ahot April 27, 2009 at 18:37 #

FC!! Oh my God! you are a witch( a charming one)! you found our coat, thanks! i am relieved i don’t need to sell anything to get it. i won’t just eat for one month, that will do.;-)

21. Fashion Critic April 27, 2009 at 18:40 #

We won’t eat for a month to afford it, and then it won’t fit. LOL