22.04.09

Matthew Williamson For H&M Pre Launch Event

If you were following me on twitter, you would have known that I attended the Matthew Williamson for H&M Pre-Launch event this evening.

The event started at 1830, but I got there around 1845, and was so crestfallen when I saw that the queue was going around the block. This meant I could kiss those pieces from my wish list goodbye.

The best thing about standing in the queue was seeing Matthew Williamson, who was happy to smile for the picture above, as he walked the length of the queue to see how many fashion hungry women were keen to get their hands on his collection.

Although I didn’t get the studded belt that I wanted, nor the Ginnifer Goodwin’s sequined dress, I did get the 5 pieces above.

My favourite piece was the fuchsia pink peacock embellished cardigan, which I originally wanted in blue, but I just adore it in pink.

For those of you who wanted to know prices:
£29.99/€39.90 for the cowl neck peacock top,
£49.99/€79.90 for the cardigan,
£34.99/€49.90 for the sleeveless embroidered top,
£39.99/€59.90 for the jacquard skirt and;
£14.99/€22.90 for the peacock pendent.

One of Matthew Williamson’s darlings, Sienna Miller was there.

She was not wearing the H&M line, but a multi-coloured dress from his Fall 2009 collection, which she looked amazing in.

Love the dress, and how fresh she looks, but I’m not crazy about the shoes at all.

If Sienna is Queen darling, then Mischa Barton is Princess darling.

She arrived wearing the same navy blue jacquard Matthew Williamson for H&M skirt I had purchased, with a cropped white tee, and Matthew Williamson for H&M leather waistcoat.

I love how the whole look is pulled together with those amazing Alexander McQueen studded platform peep-toe booties.

I still want that sequined dress, so I’m keeping my fingers crossed that it will be there tomorrow.

UPDATE: I went back early this morning and got the sequined dress.

I ? it. It looks so cute in my wardrobe, and I can’t wait to wear it.

Source

Chloe Moretz In Christopher Kane - The Today Show

Chloe Moretz In Christopher Kane – The Today Show

In Miley Cyrus' Closet - Matthew Williamson for H&M & Luisa Beccaria

In Miley Cyrus’ Closet – Matthew Williamson for H&M & Luisa Beccaria

42 Responses to Matthew Williamson For H&M Pre Launch Event

1. robbie April 22, 2009 at 22:48 #

i LOVE that peacock pendant, it looks sooo pretty.

im sure you will be able to get the belt and dress from ebay, no doubt someone would have bought stuff to sell on ebay.

the prices are pretty good for a designer collection.

2. robbie April 22, 2009 at 22:52 #

also forgot to add matthew looks amazing in those pictures.

sienna looks really pretty.

mischa looks a mess.

3. Fashion Critic April 22, 2009 at 22:55 #

HA. I knew you would hate Mischa.

Some people left with about 5 bags.

It’s going to be carnage tomorrow, but I must try to get that dress.

4. wi April 22, 2009 at 22:56 #

I love Mischa Barton’s outfit! She actually pulled it together nicely. the studded booties are gorgeousssssssssssssss

5. robbie April 22, 2009 at 22:59 #

hope you find the dress

im sad cause the edinburgh H&M told me they wont have the collection and the glasgow store wont have it. so ebay will be my only option.

mischa always looks a mess.

6. Ling April 22, 2009 at 23:00 #

Wow wow wow! Was this the H&M in Oxford Circus? I love that Mischa wore Matthew Williamson H&M clothing (even if she doesn't look that great in it!) I wish Sienna had done the same too! That pink cardie is gorgeous, as is the sequined dress – I hope you can get it next time!

7. Fashion Critic April 22, 2009 at 23:04 #

That really sucks Robbie.

You will have to make a special trip for the mens collection though.

May 14.

8. Fashion Critic April 22, 2009 at 23:05 #

Ling, it was the newer H&M on Regents Street near Banana Republic and opposite the Apple store.

9. Terry April 22, 2009 at 23:08 #

The booties Mischa were wearing are by Alexander McQueen.

10. Fashion Critic April 22, 2009 at 23:12 #

perfect, thank you.

11. robbie April 22, 2009 at 23:20 #

another little question, how big is the peacock pendant?

and yup im going to have make a special trip for the menswear collection, gotta get the train fare soon to go to london.

12. JNY April 22, 2009 at 23:39 #

good report!!

Reading it I could place myself in that H&M of regent st.

JNY

13. Fashion Critic April 22, 2009 at 23:44 #

:) Thanks JNY

14. Fashion Critic April 22, 2009 at 23:45 #

Robbie I have photographed the pendent against my Vogue magazine so you can see how big it is click here

15. heather ♥ April 22, 2009 at 23:46 #

the skirt you got is gorgeous!
    im betting it’ll look much better on you than it does on mischa!
    good luck getting the dress tomorrow!!

16. robbie April 22, 2009 at 23:49 #

thanks FC, looks like a good size. now i need to hunt ebay for it.

17. Nikki April 23, 2009 at 01:12 #

im so happy you got the pieces above! i totally heart that yellow sleeveless embroidered top! and sienna looks amaziiiing!!!

18. Ansam April 23, 2009 at 05:32 #

I bet it would be the same (or worse in Kuwait) everything will be sold out by the time I go in LOL

MAC’s special edition of Hello Kitty was sold out so fast I did not get anything :-S

I am new to twitter I just followed you :-)

19. serapart April 23, 2009 at 09:37 #

wow i was just here at the h&m store and the girls went crazy, i didnt buy anything though, just tried on the blue suit, which looked amazing, the bag looks stunning too but i think i´ll try to buy all that stuff at the h&m online shop tonight *hopeful*

20. Nino April 23, 2009 at 10:13 #

I LOVE your pink cardigan! it is sooo beautiful!! I am jealous :P

21. lana April 23, 2009 at 10:14 #

items look fantastic.
    us aussies all miss out on alot of the gorgeous fashions that you can get in topshop/H&M.. youve got to feel for us!
    i really wish mischa would dye her hair back to blonde or a really nice brown, and make her eye make-up a little bit nicer..its the one thing for me that always lets her down.
    nice buys too FC.

22. Anonymous April 23, 2009 at 11:56 #

I live about 500 miles from the nearest H&M – any chance these pieces will be available online do you think, or should I plan a roadtrip? :)

23. Anonymous April 23, 2009 at 12:34 #

Sienna for Best Dressed!!
    Did you see that GLOW??

David

24. robbie April 23, 2009 at 12:40 #

WOW you got the dress well done :).is it the exact same print as the models.

FC will you be posting any photos of you wearing it?

lucky girl :).

25. Anonymous April 23, 2009 at 12:41 #

Oh, I forgot – nice action, FC!
    I remember you saying you usually don’t wear very shor dresses beacuse you’re quite tall – this time you had to make an exception, right?
    I hope you’ll look better in that skirt than Mischa did, her hair and makeup were hideous – Taylor Momsen goes brunette!

David

26. Fashion Critic April 23, 2009 at 12:48 #

Robbie, they only had about 8 dresses, so I was lucky.

I wouldn’t post me wearing them, I would feel so silly.

David, you are right I don’t usually buy this length, but it’s such a gorgeous dress, and very loose that I feel comfortable in it.

I tried the dress which Katy Perry and Nicky Hilton wore, which is roughly the same length, but it’s way too clingy for me to wear.

27. Nawar April 23, 2009 at 13:27 #

oooooo you’re sooo lucky xD hee hee ,,

we didn’t have it here in Nottingham :(

i was going to come to London but I had a lecture ,,

I felt soo bad but after I read the post I felt better cause i lived through you :D ,,

enjoy those beautiful clothes ,, I am soo happy that you git the dress
    i think you chose the best :D

have a nice day

28. Fashion Critic April 23, 2009 at 13:32 #

Thanks Nawar. What a shame they didn’t sell it in Nottingham. Not fair really.

29. Raiza April 23, 2009 at 14:17 #

Im from Holland, Amsterdam, there was quite a few stuff left.. (credit crisis i guess)..

But WOOTTT !! i’ve bought the leather jacket.. I love love LOVE IT !! itz timeless..

i was thinkin’ of buying the jump suit as well, but it looked a bit silly..

and i adore the sequined dress.. !!
    Good choices, FC !!

in may they start selling a summer collection !! can’t wait !!

30. Fashion Critic April 23, 2009 at 14:33 #

Raiza, well done to you.

My sister got that jacket too. I tried it on today, but I had to make a choice between the jacket and the dress. I picked the dress.

Enjoy your jacket. You’re right it’s timeless.

31. adictazapatos April 23, 2009 at 14:54 #

You are so lucky for finding the pieces you want! I wanted the peacock dress but it was impossible to get one…
    Here in Madrid I have seen some of the studded belts but I think they are very expensive. The peacock pendant cost 20€ instead of 23€.
    best regards

32. heather ♥ April 23, 2009 at 16:35 #

Yay!! SO happy to hear you got the dress! its gorgeous! :) :)

33. whitestroke April 23, 2009 at 19:06 #

Robbie's 2nd comment said exactly what I wanted to say.

So jealous of your pink cardigan. Cardis were my favs in the collection.

I watched today on German RTL report about what happened at Berlin's H&M last night. I was laughing so hard. Pure madness. Girls were so savagely grabbing onto the pieces that at one frame you could see a middle-aged guy (I don't know what he was doing there!) being thrown into some of the hangers, hitting his head on the post. Geez!

34. Fashion Critic April 23, 2009 at 19:08 #

Poor guy, but I had to LOL at that one. Like you said what the hell was he doing there?

35. whitestroke April 23, 2009 at 19:19 #

LOL That’s what I’d like to know. It was a bald older guy with glasses, and it seemed like he was trying to grab one of those blue blazers. I just. DON’T. GET. IT. LOL

36. Freida fan April 23, 2009 at 20:06 #

love all the choices FC!!! especially the skirt and the necklace!!

i am in lust with sienna's dress!! love it soo much! best shes looked in a long time for me..

I couldnt notice the fab skirt and heels on Mischa cause i couldnt look past how thin she is and then bad hair!!

FC how can i find if this collection is comming to H&M around here.

Nicole.

37. Freida fan April 23, 2009 at 21:06 #

YAYYY U GOT IT !! IT LOOKS FAB!

38. barbie April 23, 2009 at 22:43 #

the pink cardigan you got is amazing, and the dress is TO-DIE-FOR!! you’re gonna look great in them! It’s too bad they don’t have the same products in the States, only in the big cities. I went to Chicago for a weekend and saw the zebra print jumper that Katy Perry wore once and totally wanted to get it, but then I thought I would buy it back in San Diego instead, surprise, surprise, they never got it. They only had a mini dress that was BLAH. Lucky you! =,)

39. serapart April 23, 2009 at 23:17 #

HA!!! i just bought the blue blazer and pants + awesome bag at the online shop, after few seconds it got sold out, its amazing how fast it went LOL so crazy!!!

40. robbie April 24, 2009 at 03:01 #

wow there is already about 10 pages on ebay selling some of this stuff.

i guessed it would be on ebay but not this soon. no i just need to hunt for what im wanting and bid like crazy.

41. robbie April 27, 2009 at 20:59 #

oooh he is wearing the same jeans from the menswear collection, its official i must get those ones.

42. Fashion Critic April 27, 2009 at 21:14 #

He SO is. You HAVE to get them now.