22.04.09

1st Historic Health Summit Gala

Jessica Alba looked heavenly in her white satin shift dress, with a delicate ruffled detail cascading down the front. She is in cinched at the waist with a black belt, in this event appropriate dress.

The lighter hair really works for her.

As gorgeous as Kristin Davis’ Oscar de la Renta Spring 2009 lace gown dress is. I don’t think it’s particularly flattering for her.

She has a great figure, but this gown isn’t doing it justice. Maybe a belt would have helped.

She kept her accessories to an absolute minimum, only carrying a black clutch.

Paris Hilton went for pure and demure wearing a white strapless pencil Luca Luca dress. It didn’t have the same wow factor as Jessica Alba’s LWD, but she does look elegant and sophisticated.

She paired her look with metallic gold heels, and a collection of retro-inspired statement jewelery.

I love that necklace.

Maggie Grace wore a Moschino Cheap and Chic Pre-Fall 2009 black and white silk dot brocade dress with a cowl neck.

She opted out of wearing black pumps, choosing burgundy point pumps instead.

The look is perfectly completed with a gorgeous beaded hair accessory.

Sarah Brown, the wife of British Prime Minister Gordon Brown, wearing a chocolate brown belted dress, stood alongside model Naomi Campbell who wore head-to-toe black.

I don’t know about you, but I’m preferring what Sarah is wearing over Naomi.

Source

8th Annual Tribeca Film Festival - Vanity Fair Party

8th Annual Tribeca Film Festival – Vanity Fair Party

Matthew Williamson For H&M Pre Launch Event

Matthew Williamson For H&M Pre Launch Event

14 Responses to 1st Historic Health Summit Gala

1. zoe aka drinkupthefashion April 22, 2009 at 18:07 #

naomi’s weave looks so bad. and i hate that she outlines her lips in brown and fills it in with clear gloss all the time. that’s so old.

2. Paris Pastry April 22, 2009 at 18:16 #

I actually think Paris’ white dress has a bigger wow-factor than Jessica’s (I am shocked).
    Kristin’s gown is not at all what I expected from her! But I like it very much. She still looks so incredibly good!

3. Kiran_Sooknandan April 22, 2009 at 18:21 #

I think Kristins wearing Oscar:

I dont like it her personally but I am happy she is wearing something other than 50′s style 3/4 length cocktail dresses like during the satc premieres.

4. Raquel April 22, 2009 at 18:28 #

I like Sarah in brown (pun indeed, please), but she needed some bra support there…

Agreed on Kristin. I have her body type and this kind of dress just make we look sooo wide on the hips. It’s the kind of dress that I think ony really tall and skinny women like Uma and Charlize would be able to pull of.

5. robbie April 22, 2009 at 18:46 #

jessica finally looks good, it has been a while since she actually looked good.

kristen i love her dress but i think its too much lace, she looks slightly like a doile.

paris looks pretty hot, i actually prefer her dress over jessicas. the necklace is beautiful. just wish she would do some more poses for once, that pose is rather dull.

sarah and naomi look nice, i do prefer sarah over naomi. her dress is nice but with that hair it looks slightly morticia addams. i love the necklace sarah is wearing. but well done to naomi for managing to cover up her hairline a little.

6. Anonymous April 22, 2009 at 19:17 #

Hey, FC, sorry I’m not talking about the looks you’ve posted, but I’m very busy, and new celeb pics keep comin’!
    Angie Harmon (at a book promotion) is rocking a Ralph Lauren Spring 2009 ensemble and she looks GORG!! It’s a mix between the opening look (golden harem pants) and the third look (shiny brown blouse). Sure you’ll like it!

David

7. Fashion Critic April 22, 2009 at 21:44 #

Thanks Kiran, you are so right.

8. Anonymous April 22, 2009 at 22:12 #

I guess Jessica is wearing Valentino. I’ve got the same dress, but in a blue colour.)

From Russia With Love

9. Ling April 22, 2009 at 23:02 #

I wish Sarah Brown had worn this outfit when Michelle Obama was around, she looks great!

10. Fashion Critic April 22, 2009 at 23:06 #

Right. I guess she stepped up her A game after meeting Michelle :)

11. Kris April 22, 2009 at 23:21 #

I fucking love Naomi–she’s such a hot mess in a fabulous way of course (if that makes any sense).

I actually disagree with one of the posts above mine-I think ’50s style dresses look so amazing on Kristin Davis that I would never get tired of seeing her in them, especially when the other option looks like this.

I’ve always wondered why Paris hasn’t fired her makeup artist yet-certain styles would better accommodate her wonky eye, but instead she always chooses this cat eye look that instead exaggerates it to ridiculous proportions. I think her makeup artist is out to get this girl :D

12. Ansam April 23, 2009 at 05:34 #

I love Paris’s necklace too… do you know where to get it from?

13. Danika April 23, 2009 at 08:37 #

So glad to see Jessica looking more like her old self again. The dress she is wearing looks beautiful on her. I really like the outfit Maggie Grace wore as well, except for the shoes.

14. Anonymous April 23, 2009 at 11:54 #