21.04.09

Social Events Of The Week

“Star Trek” London Premiere

Zoe Saldana is not slowing down.

Last night at the London premiere, she gave us another head-to-toe perfect look wearing a delicate silver Azzedine Alaia halter-neck dress, with a full skirt, and a metallic silver waistband.

What I adored the most, apart from her glossy hair, and outstanding drop earrings, were her black lace-up Azzedine Alaia cut-out booties.

“The Soloist” Los Angeles Premiere

Anna Friel looks outstanding wearing an Ana Sekularc Spring 2009 asymmetrical LBD.

I love the Roger Vivier pointy heels, her sun kissed skin, and those stunning pearl drop earrings.

It’s always a delight to see Anna on the red carpet.

O. M. G.

Have you ever seen Halle Berry look so bad? I don’t think I ever have. This is a first.

The make-up is beyond shocking, I hate those streaks in her hair, and the dress is perfect for a summer vacation, but not really red carpet material.

If you think it can’t get any worse, she is wearing flip flops on the red carpet. My number one no no, along with sunglasses.

*shakes head, wonders why*

1st Annual Blossom Ball

Helena Christensen wore brightened up the red carpet, wearing a silk lilac Thakoon rose print billow dress

I love the drape top with the pencil skirt and 3/4 length sleeves.

With a hint of pink lips, Helena completes this look with a black bow waist belt, ruby ankle strap heels, and a black purse.

Orange is fast becoming the colour of this Spring/Summer season.

Padma Lakshmi wore this wonderful citrus colour in an Alberta Ferretti satin draped dress. Gold accessories add more warmth to the look.

*Sighs*

I have loved Oluchi Onweagba since her Gap ads, and she continues to astound me with her beauty.

The Nigerian model looked really beautiful wearing a Lanvin Spring 2009 strapless champagne coloured dress, with an embellished leopard print detail on the front.

My only criticism is that the dress appears to be a little tight around her hip area.

Planet Hollywood Celebrates The Opening Of PEEPSHOW, Las Vegas

After doing a post on Christian Louboutin Differa 140 sandals last week, Melanie Brown arrived at this event wearing them in turquoise, which didn’t go with her champagne fringed dress.

Heidi Montag will love these, but I don’t.

Lindsay Lohan was also at this event, wearing LBD that was just spoiling for a wardrobe malfunction. I bet she wasn’t wearing any tit tape.

Her Azzedine Alaia burgundy Ornate open toe heels are gorgeous though.

Source

Runway To "Hannah Montana: The Movie" Rome Premiere - Miley Cyrus In Missoni

Runway To "Hannah Montana: The Movie" Rome Premiere – Miley Cyrus In Missoni

Dita von Teese Goes Cheap & Chic To The Coachella Music Festival

Dita von Teese Goes Cheap & Chic To The Coachella Music Festival

20 Comments

20 Responses to Social Events Of The Week

1. DolceLorenzo April 21, 2009 at 13:54 #

“I hate those streaks in her hair, and the dress is perfect for a summer vacation, but not really red carpet material.”

I agree, and it looks like she’s wearing flip-flops.

2. Anonymous April 21, 2009 at 14:00 #

FC, I adore Oluchi in that dress! I hope you agree she is a worthy candidate for BDOTW.

David

3. Fashion Critic April 21, 2009 at 14:01 #

Dolce, I just checked other pictures, and she is wearing flip flops.

Eeek.

4. Jill April 21, 2009 at 14:06 #

I agree, Oluchi should have gone up a size.

5. cry89 April 21, 2009 at 14:11 #

I’m in love with Padma’s elegance! Her look is simple but exceptionally chic. Melanie B. is perfect for the role of LapDancer and Lindsay looks awful in that LBD.. I save only her Azzedine Alaia Burgandy Ornate Open Toe Heels (available here:

6. Fashion Critic April 21, 2009 at 14:32 #

thanks

7. Anonymous April 21, 2009 at 15:08 #

Lindsay looks awful. but I love her hair.

8. Ling April 21, 2009 at 15:55 #

I would have preferred Zoe to have not worn those booties – I think the dress is special enough on its own, the booties just detract attention away from it, maybe some subtle silver peeptoes would have been nice. Other than that, she looks fab.

9. Anonymous April 21, 2009 at 18:56 #

there are pictures from that vegas event later on when Mel & Li-Lo have had a bit to drink. Mel's hair is all messy and Lindsay has changed her shoes to the python version of the CL's Mel is wearing!

10. patti April 21, 2009 at 19:14 #

halle looks so cheap in that dress. she should have choose something that is at least as beautiful as her.

11. Kris April 21, 2009 at 19:46 #

I agree with Ling because Zoe’s shoes are so not right for the dress, especially when you look at the top part of the dress and then the shoes, they don’t at all compliment each other.

I have no words for Halle Berry. I love, love, love the Thakoon dress, it’s marvelous. I just wish someone else wore it instead of Helena, who I also love, just not in this dress. Right dress, wrong girl.

Okay regardless of how beautiful Oluchi might be, I’ve much, MUCH, better looks from her. This whole looks is hideous and she committed a huge faux pax by wearing an ill fitting dress. Let’s not be biased. :) This looks is bad. Speaking of biases, I’m surprised FC at how catty you sound when saying, “I bet she wasn’t wearing any tit tape” in regards to Lindsay Lohan. That’s something a tabloid magazine or a bunch of high school girls would be heard saying. Your blog has never been like that so hopefully this is a one time deal.
    Great call on the Montag loving Scary Spice’s heels. So true.

12. Fashion Critic April 21, 2009 at 20:25 #

Why do I feel like I have just been told off? :)

I hear what you are saying. It’s the Lohan-effect. She brings out the bad side of me.

13. Anonymous April 21, 2009 at 21:08 #

Padma Lakshmi’s dress is Alberta Ferretti http://www.net-a-porter.com/product/39784.
    Love the blog btw visit it everyday :)

14. Fashion Critic April 21, 2009 at 21:39 #

Thanks so much for the Padma i-D and I’m glad you are enjoying my site :)

15. zoe aka drinkupthefashion April 21, 2009 at 23:24 #

omg, omg, omg!!
    oluchi HAS to be in the best dressed of the week poll this week. she looks gorgeous and absolutely stunning. that dress has amazing colors and really brings out the undertones in her skin. i love her hair, the dress, everything! her makeup! <333
    zoe looks fab as usual. <333
    and i absolutely love anna friel's look. and padma looks fab too. everytime i see her in pictures though the fact that one eye is more open than the other kind of scares me. but she's still a beautiful woman!

16. Kris April 22, 2009 at 03:47 #

Haha I didn’t mean it that harshly! I just love this blog, it’s one of a kind, and so I care about what I read on here. :)

17. Rebecca April 22, 2009 at 03:57 #

Halle’s dress would be fine if she was going to dinner at the resort where she was vacationing or something, but it’s not really red carpet material. Her body’s still incredible though

18. whitestroke April 22, 2009 at 18:34 #

I told myself the next time it happens I’ll speak up. I’m just SO annoyed by Zoe posing at each event in the exact same annoying fashion. Upper body facing up front, while legs being turned to the side. It doesn’t look nice, it’s annoying to see on repeat AND I’m sure it hurts.

Love Thakoon dress on Helena, but that woman is aging rapidly right before our eyes. Her body is still in top form, but her face is getting more and more each time we see her that thing when older women’s bottom of the face starts pulling inwards like she’s got no teeth. She’s not old enough for that happening to her. What is going on? (What is it about me talking about women aging today!? LOL)

Oluchi needs a bigger size of that dress. Period.

I don’t like the way Kris told you what and how you should or should not write in your own blog. This is not the first time you said something ‘catty’ and I don’t see anything wrong about it. I think your writing has a lot of grace, and some sense of humor from time to time doesn’t bother me at all. On the contrary.

19. Kris April 22, 2009 at 23:32 #

Whitestroke, the reason why I said it is because I’m a big and avid fan of this blog and I’ve been coming here and commenting for a while now and I wholly enjoy FC’s way of blogging, which is why I dared to point out the fact that her comment about Lindsay was unlike her and tha that hopefully it was just a passing comment, which it obviously was.
    I don’t think FC has been catty before, I think she has been humorously tactful when speaking about the fashion downfalls of certain celebrities so please don’t comment on something that didn’t even bother FC herself.
    FC, keep doing what you’re doing darling. :)

20. whitestroke April 23, 2009 at 17:41 #

Kris, no hard feelings at all. ;) I’m a huge fan of this blog myself, I’ve been reading it for almost 2 years. I just thought when you had so much liberty to say that to FC, that I can state my opinion on the matter as well.

I’m glad that you noticed I spoke out even though FC didn’t mind your comment. I have my own opinion and I hope FC wasn’t bothered by it.