Emily Blunt For Vanity Fair May 2009

Many of you have requested Emily Blunt’s Vanity Fair May 2009 editorial, and I thank you all for bringing it to my attention.

The British actress wore some of the season’s most extravagant Spring 2009 couture creations, shot by Michael Roberts.

Emily editorial had a fairy tale-like princess quality to it, with the princes charming, the gowns and the dreamy backdrop.

We are unlikely to see many of these pieces on the red carpet, so I love these types of editorials, as they really bring these couture pieces to life.

I simply adore the first Dior picture above, followed by the Givenchy picture below.

Which is your favourite?

Source & Source
Emily Blunt In Osman - 'Edge Of Tomorrow' London Premiere

Emily Blunt In Osman – ‘Edge Of Tomorrow’ London Premiere

US Weekly Hot Hollywood Style Issue Event

US Weekly Hot Hollywood Style Issue Event

18 Responses to Emily Blunt For Vanity Fair May 2009

1. Terry April 21, 2009 at 16:07 #

Stunning!

2. Kay Eser April 21, 2009 at 16:32 #

Wow! What an editorial! Superb! Like it so much! Love the details!=D

3. DolceLorenzo April 21, 2009 at 16:35 #

She looks AMAZING, especially in Dior. I just wish she wasn’t looking directly to the camera in almost every shot. J’adore the Roger Vivier shoes they paired with the Chanel dress.

4. Elise April 21, 2009 at 17:57 #

She looks amazing, I love every dress but my favorite is the Valentino !!

5. robbie April 21, 2009 at 18:00 #

i love this shoot. i love the dresses. i love emily. i love it all!

especially those roger vivier shoes with the chanel dress. for a pair of shoes with a dead bird encrusted with crystal they are pretty nice, carrie bradshaw would love them ;).

6. amy b.s. April 21, 2009 at 18:14 #

i’ve been partial to the dior photos just because i love the way the fabric and contrast looks on the dresses. i think they are just amazing. the whole shoot is superb however.

7. Anissa April 21, 2009 at 18:52 #

I really like that first pink Dior, but I really hope we see that last blue Dior on the red carpet on someone worthy! Wow!

8. SarahV April 21, 2009 at 18:57 #

WOW, I love this! My faves are both Dior shots, and I also love how theatrical the Chanel shot was.

9. patti April 21, 2009 at 19:11 #

Wauw, beautiful dresses. really love the channel dress. it’s so cute ! to bad you can’t see the hole dress in the editorial.

10. Anonymous April 21, 2009 at 19:57 #

I think she might have been Marie Antoinette, because there’s a famous picture of Marie getting her corsets tugged tightly, and the style of coats on the men are reminiscent of the 18th century. But that’s just an editorial comment. I LOVE the blue Dior dress, the folds are incredibly beautiful and she can pull it off!

11. Priti April 21, 2009 at 22:39 #

Love Love Love the editorial…especially the Dior gowns…Is she wearing no makeup on her face other than on her eyes??

I once saw Emily at the London airport..she was at the perfume store all by herslef..I cudn’t tell if other people knew who she was because no body seemed to notice..but I did.

12. zoe aka drinkupthefashion April 21, 2009 at 23:07 #

i love the givenchy image, the jean paul gaultier image and both of the dior images (especially the one w/ the blue dress). breathtaking!

13. Sydne April 21, 2009 at 23:38 #

That blue Dior was my absolute favorite from the show. And it looks even better on Emily!I hope we start seeing more of her. She’s stunning and wears couture so well.

14. Emma April 22, 2009 at 02:28 #

beautiful.

the givenchy is my favorite.

15. Nino April 22, 2009 at 12:40 #

Stunning. The first one in Dior is my fav.

16. Ashley April 22, 2009 at 20:06 #

The Givenchy one…gorgeous

17. Jill April 23, 2009 at 22:49 #

The one adjusting her earring…fabulous! Beautiful photos!

18. Tracy August 31, 2009 at 03:13 #

I absolutely hate that first Dior frou. I kept wondering where the dress ended and the sofa stopped – but it’s all dress. The Lacroix – I may have to repeat my vows, because that one excites me as a wedding dress – lush and lovely and unexpected. But the shoot, overall, gives me the creeps. I’ve prefered my men on this side of 18 since I was on the other side of 18.