21.04.09 In Her Closet

Dita von Teese Goes Cheap & Chic To The Coachella Music Festival

Dita Von Teese sported a very casual – for her – look this weekend, when she joined many music lovers at the Coachella music festival.

On the second day she was seen wearing a Moschino Cheap and Chic Spring 2008 white and red circle print sleeveless dress with a ruched bottom.

The dress is gorgeous, but the surprise here was wedged heels. Yes they are perfect for the occasion, considering she would have been walking over grass, but the surprise is to see Dita sans Louboutin’s or Dior heels.

The major surprise was on the first day when Dita wore FLATS.

OMG. Not just any old flats, but Keds flats.

First Victoria Beckham in flip flops, now this. Lol.

Her hair was still perfectly coiffed, as the wore a cute nautical print D&G dress with sailor collar, and retro shades.

I applaud her for coming out of her comfort-zone. Couldn’t have been easy.

Source & Source

Julianne Moore In Jason Wu - "The Big Lebowski" Blu-Ray Release

Julianne Moore In Jason Wu – “The Big Lebowski” Blu-Ray Release

Emily Blunt For Vanity Fair May 2009

Emily Blunt For Vanity Fair May 2009

9 Responses to Dita von Teese Goes Cheap & Chic To The Coachella Music Festival

1. Jill April 21, 2009 at 14:04 #

Even off-duty, so to speak, she still looks fantastic

2. Raquel April 21, 2009 at 14:22 #

You know what? I LOVE THOSE. I love Dita but sometimes she looks too custome-ish, even for her, and I think those two looks are very much her but right for a rock festival.

3. robbie April 21, 2009 at 14:36 #

i almost had a heart attack when i saw her in flats. even at a music festival she still looks fab.

i wonder how she managed to avoid the sun though, would rerally hate for her to get a sunburn.

her feet look really tiny compared to when she wears sky high heels.

4. Anonymous April 21, 2009 at 14:38 #

Until now, Dita was swingin’ to the sounds of “My Heart Belongs To Daddy”, wearing fancy Louboutins; now we know she can rock festival-chick chic in a pair of Keds!

David

5. Ling April 21, 2009 at 15:53 #

Wow – did not expect to see Dita at a rock festival or in Keds! I wonder why she chose Keds and not ballet flats – they would have suited her style more! It’s nice to see some pasty white legs, they make me feel better about mine hehe!

6. Nik April 21, 2009 at 16:03 #

omg this isn’t an editorial!?!

I love how she accesorized that moschino with a plastic cup.

7. Kris April 21, 2009 at 19:39 #

I love how she still looks put together with her hair and makeup flawless at a rock festival; most women would use this situation as an excuse to look like hell, such as Alicia Silverstone and Kirsten Dunst who were also at this festival, but instead Dita continued to be feminine and gorgeous. More women should be like that.
    Love this post :)

8. whitestroke April 22, 2009 at 19:11 #

I was wondering would you post some of the celebrities that were at Coachella. It’s so nice to see them looking so casual and natural, as opposed to some others who have been killing us with OTT outfits when they go out to a grocery store. My fav was Kate Bosworth. She was wearing Chloé rubber sandals. I loved her whole outfit.

I also don’t get why Dita wore Keds, next to so many beautiful flats out there. LOL

9. donna April 23, 2009 at 01:31 #

thanks to the fashion Gods she almost looks normal. I know this won’t be popular, but i never liked the way she looked. she always looks so plastic, so old.