Who Wore Christian Dior Better? Katy Perry or Tinsley Mortimer

Tinsley Mortimer was also at the star studded New Yorks For Children Spring Dinner Dance on Wednesday night.

She was wearing the same white strapless Christian Dior dress with multi-coloured tulle floral appliqué’s, which Katy Perry wore to the Christian Dior Spring 2009 presentation during Paris Fashion Week.

Katy carried a white bag, wore lavender suede heels and a strawberry embellished clip in her hair.

Tinsley accessorized with gold accessories, which I prefer, so she wins this for me.

Source

Throwback Thursday #TBT

Throwback Thursday #TBT

Runway To "Grey Gardens" LA Premiere

Runway To "Grey Gardens" LA Premiere

7 Responses to Who Wore Christian Dior Better? Katy Perry or Tinsley Mortimer

1. Ling April 17, 2009 at 11:22 #

I’d say Katy Perry looks better in the dress, it just seems to suit her style better than Tinsley Mortimer. I think the purple shoes are cute too, I prefer them to the gold accessories.

2. shoeaholic April 17, 2009 at 12:14 #

I think the dress is a bit too girly, in the sense that I feel it’s something a 10-year-old could wear. I feel it’s a bit childish.. But Katy Perry has the retro vibe to pull it off so I say she wore it better.

3. Raquel April 17, 2009 at 14:11 #

I’m on board with Shoeholic, the dress is on the childish side and I don’t think it suits Tinsley at all.

I actually prefer Perry’s acessories, because Tinsley’s shoes are ugly.

4. Sarah April 17, 2009 at 15:35 #

Thought the same thing about the dress looking childish, but I feel like the purple shoes Katie chose only emphasizes that. The gold accessories make it a little more sophisticated. Tinsley wins for me.

5. Alicia April 17, 2009 at 18:48 #

For me, Katy wins on the basis of fit alone. Perhaps it’s just the angles of these shots, but Katy has more of an hourglass thing going on, and it really works with the cut of this dress.

6. Kris April 17, 2009 at 21:39 #

I’m surprised at your comment because it’s not really all about accessories, come on. It’s about whether or not the dress is right for the person in it and Mortimer picked the wrong dress. This piece is consistent with Perry’s look, not Mortimer’s mish mash of styles so I voted for Katy Perry.

7. Nat April 17, 2009 at 23:14 #

Katy all the way! (not just bcoz im the biggest Katy Perry fan!)
    suits her more than Tinsley i’d say :D