17.04.09

Social Events Of The Week

“The Informers” Los Angeles Premiere

I really like Jessica Stroup. She always looks great on the red carpet, and I don’t feel like she’s trying too hard.

Last night she was all zipped up in her Elise Øverland Fall 2009 teal satin mini dress, which she wore with Camilla Skovgaard peep-toe, cut-out booties.

She’s still got it.

Kim Basinger has obviously been drinking out of the same fountain of youth, as Iman and Demi Moore.

The actress wore a simple Hugo Boss black pant suit, but it’s her hair and make-up that wow me.

Grey Gardens LA Premiere

Ali Larter wore a very deep plunging navy embellished Brian Reyes Spring 2009 dress.

I love the dress and matching satin heels, but why the waiter tuxedo jacket?

Jessica Lange looked delightful in a dress with a white crossover top, and a taupe skirt with stunning embellished details.

PaleyFest09 “Dollhouse” Premiere, LA

Eliza Dushku looks delightful in her Moschino Cheap and Chic Spring 2009 lilac sleeveless dress with crystal beading details.

Sexy, yet sophisticated.

The actress completes her look with YSL Tribute sandals.

10th Anniversary Scenarios USA Awards And Gala, New York

Rosario Dawson matches her Bottega Veneta Pre-Fall 2009 maroon belted dress, with large earrings for this colour co-ordinated look.

I wouldn’t have worn the boots, but she makes them work.

“Tyson” Los Angeles Premiere

I’m loving Elise Neal bangs. I’ve always wanted blunt bangs, but I always change my mind once in the stylist chair.

Elise wore her champagne satin tiered embellished dress, under a black satin blazer. She complimented her look with animal print heels.

Alani “Lala” Vazquez wore a short, but very chic Stella McCartney Spring 2009 strapless white dress, which had a draped detail on the skirt.

I love the multi-coloured diamante clutch, but her dress is a wardrobe malfunction waiting to happen. She should have hoisted it up a bit more.

Bergdorf Goodman’s Party for Bottega Veneta, New York

Julianna Moore wore a black asymmetrical dress from Bottega Veneta’s Fall 2009 collection, which had a large ruffle going down one side. Booties and a black clutch from the same collection complete the look.

Rosario Dawson opted for a lighter Spring look, wearing a mellow yellow Bottega Veneta Spring 2009 dress. A metallic clutch and strappy sandals completed the look.

Chanel Iman wore a black leather Bottega Veneta dress, whilst her fellow catwalker Arlenis Sosa, wore the same dress and carried the same clutch walked the Spring 2009 runway show in coincidentally.

Source

Runway To "Grey Gardens" LA Premiere

Runway To "Grey Gardens" LA Premiere

In Julia Restoin-Roitfeld's Closet - Christopher Kane Gorilla Print Dress

In Julia Restoin-Roitfeld’s Closet – Christopher Kane Gorilla Print Dress

8 Responses to Social Events Of The Week

1. Rebecca April 17, 2009 at 13:59 #

I think the jacket throws off the proportions of Ali Larter’s outfit. It makes her look a bit short. She should have just braved the cold weather.

2. Raquel April 17, 2009 at 14:14 #

Dear Sharon Stone,

take clues from being fab and chich and fierce by Kim Basinger.

Sincerely,

Raquel.

P.S. Love Jessica Lange here, but I would loved a bld lipstick to add some color to her outfit.

3. Fashion Critic April 17, 2009 at 14:56 #

LOL @ Raquel. so true.

4. robbie April 17, 2009 at 17:02 #

jessica i love the dress with the zip detail. those booties are gorge.

kim, wow she looks so different, but damn hot! the outfit is a little plain but she looks fantastic.

ali, i love the dress and the shoes, but i would have rather a cropped tuxedo jacket or better yet no jacket.

jessica, she looks fantastic, i love the embellishment on the skirt fantastic.

eliza, gorgeous dress and gorgeous colour.

rosario, how to say this delicately, terrible!

elisa, i love the dress and the whole look. those shoes are lovely.

alani, the boobs just ruin the dress, she should have got it made with straps or something, cause they are just ready to burst out.

julianne too much black for my liking.

rosario, this is stunning! love it all and the dress looks great on her.

chanel, i love the black leather dress it is nice, she is stunning!

arlenis, i love that colour against her skin, just looks stunning.

5. Lala S-R April 18, 2009 at 05:57 #

Who’s that “Lala” person? She looks awfully sl*tty (pardon my language). Come on, even Amber Rose looks classier. Speaking of Amber, I think the woman is freaking gorg!

Did I mention that I recently discovered this blog, and I’m already obsessed!?

6. whitestroke April 19, 2009 at 21:17 #

I love Jessica Lange’s skirt.

I’ve always wanted blunt bangs, but I always change my mind once in the stylist chair.I got blunt bangs 3 days ago, for the first time in my life. I NEVER had bangs before. Not even as a child. I just wanted to finally see what it looks like on me. I can’t really say is it good or bad. It’s just really different. Gives a whole new context to the face. Let’s just say, my parents didn’t recognize me. LOL

7. Fashion Critic April 19, 2009 at 21:19 #

You are braver than I am. LOL.

Glad it hear to came out well. So Jealous.

8. Sue Jin April 20, 2009 at 05:11 #

Kim & Julianna look amazing!
    I love Kim's hairstyle here.