6th Annual New Yorkers For Children Spring Dinner Dance

Diane Kruger was the Best Dressed at this event wearing a Marchesa Fall 2009 asymmetrical dress.

She’s beautiful, but the dress is exquisite. I love the feathered flower details cascading down the shoulder, and on the skirt of this lilac tulle draped dress.

I love how her hair is pulled back, so we get to see the stunning details on her dress.

The actress completes her look with Fendi bow-front peep-toes, and an Alexander McQueen box clutch.

This is the first Runway to Red Carpet I’ve done using my own runway picture. I took the picture of the model when I attended the Marchesa Fall 2009 presentation back in February during New York Fashion Week.

There was a time when Emmy Rossum was forever the prom-queen, but this delicate baby blue Christian Dior Resort 2009 gown is simply perfect for the occasion.

The breath-taking tiered gown, with an embellished waist band is so ethereal, so dreamy, and so magical.

Again I’m loving the hair pulled back with a single braid, and the icy accessories compliment the gown so well.

I don’t know what I am lusting over more. Joy Bryant’s Zac Posen Fall 2009 floaty floral dress, or her metallic ankle strap heels from the same collection.

Does this woman ever have a day off looking fabulous? This is just so easy for her, and she’s still not wearing any make-up on the red carpet.

Spanish supermodel Eugenia Silva sparkled in her golden sequined Giorgio Armani Spring 2009 gown.

When you are this beautiful, you don’t need many accessories, just a gorgeous dress, and a megawatt smile.

The only watchable thing about The City is Olivia Palermo, and her bitchy evil ways. What I can’t bare to look at, is her in this Zac Posen gown.

Talk about unflattering. There are so many dresses that would have worked from the Zac Posen Spring 2009 collection, but she picked a dress which makes her look like a kid playing dress up in mummy’s clothes.

Socialite Poppy Delevigne wore a taupe flapper style Alberta Ferretti Spring 2009 dress, which has also been worn by Shenae Grimes and Mischa Barton.

Poppy’s version is modified from the runway, with a plunging-neckline making it much sexier.

Her look was completed with a leather biker jacket, and a pair of lavender Jimmy Choo satin diamante platform sandals.

Rachel Roy looks chic in a coral long-sleeved dress, which of course is her own design.

I just love how those turquoise earrings pop.

OK, the red hair was cute at first, but I am wishing Coco Rocha’s would return to her dark roots. I really dislike the disheveled way she is styled here.

I’m equally not enthused about her black and white geometric print Zac Posen Spring 2009 dress. It’s not an easy dress to pull off, and I think Coco fails terribly.

I’m not against fur like the stole Drew Barrymore wore yesterday, but when it looks like an animals tail, like Maggie Rizer’s, it gives me the creeps.

What I don’t understand is why the stole in the first instance? It’s wrapped around Maggie in the place where the most detail of this Emanuel Ungaro Fall 2008 gown is.

Dayssi Olarte de Kanavos looked delightful in this one-shouldered lavender print Emanuel Ungaro Resort 2009 gown.

Source

Share/Save/Bookmark

Lily Aldridge In Marc Jacobs - Save Venice Enchanted Garden Ball

Lily Aldridge In Marc Jacobs – Save Venice Enchanted Garden Ball

Red Carpet Trend - Oversized Boyfriend Blazers

Red Carpet Trend – Oversized Boyfriend Blazers

27 Responses to 6th Annual New Yorkers For Children Spring Dinner Dance

1. A*mused April 16, 2009 at 13:57 #

wow, did you see you were referenced in the Guardian Fashion Statement email?
    Love it.

2. Fashion Critic April 16, 2009 at 14:00 #

WOW…NO.

I’m off to look for it now.

Thanks for the heads up.

3. Fashion Critic April 16, 2009 at 14:03 #

Red Carpet slyly points out… LOL.

Thanks A*mused. Thats made my day.

4. SydneyCheapChic April 16, 2009 at 14:03 #

wowowowow!! so many beautiful gowns at this event! Best dressed this week is going to be so so hard!

5. Fashion Critic April 16, 2009 at 14:09 #

LOL.

Now you understand why I said earlier that Drew may not have 3 dress in Best Dressed this week.

6. Ling April 16, 2009 at 14:13 #

Diane looks amazing! I totally didn’t realise that it’s your photo of the model, it looks like it was from Style.com :P Overall, a really well-dressed event, but I’m upset about Maggie Rizer – the Ungaro gown is so gorgeous as it is, it doesn’t need any accessories, especially not fur!

7. SydneyCheapChic April 16, 2009 at 14:23 #

Totally understand! i’m excited for the poll! There’s some variety as well if Kristen’s look (which i hope it does) makes it.

It’ll be interesting to see the results as well as everyone’s ideas on who and why someone won.

Keep up the good work FC! i haven’t been able to get any work done lately because of your fabulous blog!

8. cry April 16, 2009 at 14:32 #

I prefer the light version of the Emanuel Ungaro Resort 2009 gown worn by Melissa George. The Emanuel Ungaro fall 2008 dress is so much better on Ali Larter, Eva Longoria than Maggie Rizer!!

9. Anonymous April 16, 2009 at 14:35 #

wow fc are you serious….I need to start googling myself more, otherwise I’m going to miss all these things.

10. Fashion Critic April 16, 2009 at 14:46 #

Anon, yes I’m serious. Every time I have been mentioned in another publication I have only found out because readers have informed me.

By your tone I will guess this is an issue for you.

I like to know as it is a reward for all the hard work I’m doing on my site

11. Emma April 16, 2009 at 14:55 #

FC… you should definitely get googling! People don’t get enough recognition for the things they do… and if well established publications are mentioning your site then you deserve to know, and if the only way you can find out is by googling then what does it matter!

Diane looks gorgeous at this event, Cat Deeley was there too- wondered what you thought of her dress? x

12. robbie April 16, 2009 at 14:56 #

i love diane, but i dont know there is just something about this look that makes me hate it.

emmy, just looks perfect the colour against her skin is fabulous. i love her hair.

joy she is stunning, the i hate the dress, those shoes on the other hand must find out who they are by, so pretty.

eugenia is beauiful but this look is too plain for my taste, nothing pops out and wows me.

olivia, this dress is gorgeous on the runway but on her NOOOOOOOOO. and the hair is terrible.

poppy, WOWZA. i love that she made it a little moe edgier with the neckline and the leather jacket, the shoes are gorgeous.

rachel, to plain and boring.

coco, needs to get rid of that red hair. it was nice but now not so much, the dress though hmmmm not good. i hate the ruffles around the neckline. but zac on the other hand looks hot as fire.

maggie, she ruined the look with the fut stole. i dont mind fut either, i prefer to see it either black or white, not any other colour. gorgeous dress though.

daysii, i loved this dress when i first saw it and she looks great in it.

FC im shocked you think the only watchable thing about “the city” is olivia, especially when there is a hot model in it (adam senn) *drooools*

13. Tamia April 16, 2009 at 15:34 #

Anon, you are such a hater!fashioncritic works damn hard on this site,why shouldn’t she check it out when respected publications reference her?.
    Anyway,back to buisness, I’m glad you share my love for olivia fc. I totally agree she is the only watchable thing about the city she is stunning. However,the dress doesn’t hang quite right on her…it’s a shame as it could’ve been a great look.

14. Raquel April 16, 2009 at 15:48 #

Diane and Joy look fantastic. Tell me how Joy can look that good without any makeup. The girl is flawless and it doesn’t even look like she tried. She is one of my favorites on the red carpet.

Emmy’s dress is lovely, but I’m not sure about the single braid. I’m a traumatized Star Wars fan.

I don’t dislike the Zac Posen dress, but I think it’s the kind of dress that demands pulled up hair and perfect posture, not hunchback shoulders. I wonder if we’ll see any other celebrity wearing this because I think some could rock this gown.

This Ungaro dress seems very weareable. Lovely. if i had the money and the hips, lol!

15. Fashion Critic April 16, 2009 at 15:52 #

Thanks Tamia and Emma x

Robbie, Adam is a snake. LOL

16. Jules O'Connell April 16, 2009 at 16:10 #

The haters, the haters…
    Quoting Mrs.Martin
    “F*** the haters”

Who else would help me and everybody else asking find out about Joy’s shoes
    They look so familiar my mind plays tricks and says psst, it’s Gucci (can you already say vintage when it’s by Ford?)
    So bring on your magic C.!;)

You know we love you
    xoxo

17. Fashion Critic April 16, 2009 at 16:15 #

LOL. I’m still looking for the shoes, as I need them in my life.

18. Anonymous April 16, 2009 at 16:20 #

i hate zac posen

19. Reem April 16, 2009 at 17:03 #

:| :| Are you sure that’s Coco Rocha :|
    Guess I’ve never seen her smile before:S She looks different!

Omg, I really love that ungaro dress. I can’t believe that Maggie-who I’m not familiar with- ruined it with that fur..Who wears that anymore anyway :S

Diane, Emmy and Dayssi Olarte de Kanavos all look fabulous!

I love Rachel Roy’s heels. Don’t like the turquoise pop of color with the dress..

Omg lol, I was going to ask you to make Olivia Palermo posts because I’m in love with her style!

Am I wierd because i loooooooooved her Zac Posen dress….! :S

20. leo April 16, 2009 at 19:30 #

Diane Kruger is a queen, as usual.

Emmy never looked this good, but I think this dress is a bit much for here, it would look better in someone less “cute”.

Rachel Roy looks strang, for a moment I tought I saw Freida Pinto.

21. Anonymous April 17, 2009 at 09:46 #

hey fc u didnt cover serena williams, rachel roy at the event…

ana

22. Fashion Critic April 17, 2009 at 10:01 #

Ana, Rachel Roy is above.

Serena Williams was at this event, but I’m tired of saying the same thing about her – she looks like a man in drag.

23. Chantal April 17, 2009 at 20:22 #

I love Poppy Delevigne's outfit and the modified dress looks much better than it did on the runway.

FC, I think Joy Bryant's ankle strap sandals are also by Zac Posen

And congrats on the shout-out. Google-away!

24. Fashion Critic April 17, 2009 at 20:33 #

thanks for the id.

I want those heels so badly.

25. whitestroke April 19, 2009 at 18:41 #

Diane Kruger – Perfection.

The rest are so so. Okay, but nothing spectacular.
    Related to Olivia Palermo, I think she looks quite OK, but the thing about Zac Posen Spring 2009 in general is that I really hated that collection, partly because dresses had such weird-ass shapes. Only later, seeing the pieces off the runway I realized they actually don’t have those shapes themselves, but they were just presented that way on the runway. And strangely, when I compare those dresses now, I like the way they looked on the runway more. Not in real life, of course, but if I wore a dress from that collection on the red carpet, I’d go for that runway boxy corset underneath.

LOL I thought I saw myself when I saw Coco’s picture. My smile looks almost exactly like that. Oh dear! Judging by Reem’s comment above, that’s not a good thing. D:

26. Reem April 21, 2009 at 12:34 #

LOL, no no she has a beautiful smile!
    i just really have never seen her smile before! She looks different. That’s all!
    :D

27. FotoholiC* May 9, 2009 at 03:27 #

The alberta ferrerti dress wore by Poppy is not a diferent version of the runway dress… She wore it with the back on the front and cover the original front with de leather jacket! Genious! Look more sexy and edgy.