15.04.09 Premiere

"Grey Gardens" – New York Premiere

Drew Barrymore took a style step back in time last night, channeling old school Hollywood glamour, for the long-awaited premiere of Grey Gardens.

She glistened wearing in a floor length Alberta Ferretti nude gown, adorned with thousands of crystal beads.

The finishing touches are what really made her shine in this look.

I loved the marcel waves, and the side swept pin curls topped off with a netted flower hair piece. The bejeweled Roger Vivier clutch perfectly complimented her stunning gown.

At the after-party Drew wore a fur stole, which really made me fall even more in love with this look.

The berry lip really pops. She is the only person to make me swoon this week.

Jeanne Tripplehorn opted for a navy Carolina Herrera Resort 2009 one-shouldered gown, with white polka dots.

Her sophisticated look was complete with a white box clutch.

Jessica Lange’s grey J. Mendel gown, with cap sleeves, and an embroidered empire-waist was stunning. The actress, who is not a fan of walking the red carpet, really glowed.

Speaking of glowing, model Selita Ebanks stood out in this highlighter pink fitted RM by Roland Mouret dress.

I love the dress, and the snake skin Louboutin pumps, but I’m not crazy about her Subversive necklace.

Source & Source

Share/Save/Bookmark

Who Wore YSL Better? Kristin Scott Thomas or Diane Kruger

Who Wore YSL Better? Kristin Scott Thomas or Diane Kruger

Yves Saint Laurent Cage Heels At Net-A-Porter.com

Yves Saint Laurent Cage Heels At Net-A-Porter.com

29 Responses to "Grey Gardens" – New York Premiere

1. SydneyCheapChic April 15, 2009 at 10:27 #

wow!! Drew! Another example of why she’s my girl crush!!!

2. Easyboo April 15, 2009 at 10:53 #

Hey. i love the netted flower hair piece. do you know where i can find one. been looking for hair pieces like that for eva. Please help. you never told me where vanessa williams got her yellow dress.

3. Fashion Critic April 15, 2009 at 10:55 #

Those netted flower hair pieces you can find in vintage stores.

I never found Vanessa Williams dress. I said I would try, but I didn’t find it.

4. Ling April 15, 2009 at 10:57 #

Drew Barrymore has been really impressive lately, I love her style! I’m not crazy about the hairnet covering her entire face though.

5. Easy boo April 15, 2009 at 10:57 #

ok. thanks for trying.

6. SydneyCheapChic April 15, 2009 at 11:16 #

It probably also isn’t too difficult to make a hairpiece like that yourself.

7. Meg April 15, 2009 at 11:45 #

All the film’s stars look great but Drew looks Fantastic! She looks gorgeous and glowing, her pics made me smile.

8. Lily April 15, 2009 at 12:16 #

Drew looks fantastic- and although I’m not a fan of fur in general it looks great here.
    And I am completely in love with her hairpieces- I bought a similar one last year in a vintage shop in Amsterdam and I totally forgot about it until I saw these pics.

9. serapart April 15, 2009 at 12:25 #

drew won my heart with her dress + makeup <3

10. Anonymous April 15, 2009 at 12:56 #

FUR HAG!

11. Fashion Critic April 15, 2009 at 12:58 #

LOL @ Anonymous.

If you say so.

12. robbie April 15, 2009 at 13:55 #

wow drew looks amazing, i especially love her look with the fut stole. too think a few years ago she had no style and now she is amazing.

jeanne, she looks really nice, very simple and chic. fabulous.

jessica, truly looks amazing, even though she colour is rather boring, it looks amazing on her.

selita, the necklace is a tad OTT but the dress and shoes are stunning.

im sure PETA will be bitching about drew soon enough, but who gives a crap about those hypocrites.

13. Anonymous April 15, 2009 at 14:01 #

Drew looks absolutely amazing! Everything she is wearing is to-die-for!

Did she get a new stylist?

14. Danika April 15, 2009 at 14:03 #

OMG Drew Barrymore looks incredible. Perfect old Hollywood glamour that I’m sure we all wish we saw more often :)

15. Fashion Critic April 15, 2009 at 14:05 #

No the same stylist. She has been with Lee Harris for a while now.

16. wi April 15, 2009 at 15:11 #

WOOOOOOOOOOOOW! Drew looking AMAZING, especially with the fur! LOVELY!

17. Anonymous April 15, 2009 at 16:55 #

Didn’t Drew used to be anti-fur? I thought she passed on a Vogue shoot years ago because she refused to wear designers that manufacture fur…

Not that I’m complaining, I love the fur stole with this dress but that would seem very hypocrite of Drew.

18. Raquel April 15, 2009 at 17:04 #

I’m not a fan of the hairnet, but she rocks this look. I love Drew because she always seem to be having so much fun dressing up and playing with styles and she loves red lipstick therefore I love her even more.

I watch Jeanne in Big Love and she has a killer body, but the Herrera gown makes she looks wider on the hips. Could be the angle of the picture, though.

19. Lara April 15, 2009 at 17:12 #

Ever since the He’s Just Not Into You premiere, Drew has been killing it. This is the best I’ve ever seen her look.

20. zoe aka drinkupthefashion April 15, 2009 at 18:01 #

wow wow wow wow wow wow WOW! drew barrymore is SOOOO my best dressed of the week! she looks so good! that dress is such a masterpiece, and they tailored it so well on her body. i really want this dress. drew…when you’re done with it (which you are, since the premiere is over) don’t send it to alberta, send it to me!

when i saw selita ebank’s picture i was like…”why is she there?!” and i quickly had the answer, “to show off her perfect body”. look at her waist! wow. that color of the dress looks great on her–the necklace was a tad unnecessary though.

21. WendyB April 15, 2009 at 18:36 #

One of Drew’s best looks ever!

22. Alicia April 15, 2009 at 18:43 #

I gasped when I saw the pictures of Drew’s look last night. So total. LOVE IT.

Also, it really isn’t hard to make a netted hairpiece if you own a glue gun and can find the right elements (in the US, you can find all that stuff for cheap at Michael’s).

23. Kris April 15, 2009 at 20:08 #

I love Drew's look like everyone else. The fur might be faux, although unlikely.
    In response to Easyboo, you can get a similar net at Urban Outfitters:

oops, the link is rather long but if you go to the Accessories area of the website and click Hair Accessories, you'll find it there.

I think Selita's look is great as well-I love the color and fit and I love the necklace actually. Without the necklace the look would've been too plain Jane.

24. Fashion Critic April 15, 2009 at 20:42 #

Thanks so much Kris

25. nisha April 15, 2009 at 22:15 #

drew looks absloutely amzing i adore this look.she is definately my choice for best dresssed.everything is great about the look even though i would prefer faux fur its the best i have seen her.i can think of so many people who would go for this look and ruin it by over doing it but drew does it perfectly as it suits her personality too.i am becoming a bigger drew fan everytime i see her. well done to her stylist drew has been looking great everytime.thanks for posting

26. Sydne April 15, 2009 at 22:31 #

Obsessed with Drew as well. I wonder if the stole is fake because I do remember her being anti-fur as well. I hope so because I love the look but hate hurting animals.

And just found out the deets on Selita if you were interested. Her dress is Roland Mouret, shoes Louboutin and the necklace (which I actual would like if it didn’t fall so deep in her cleavage) is by Subversive.

27. Fashion Critic April 15, 2009 at 23:03 #

Always interested.

Thanks for the additional details.

28. patti April 16, 2009 at 22:54 #

drew looks GORGEOUS ! so old hollywood. i wish more stars will dress like this.
    she has so much fun with fashion and takes chances. and she does it so fine !

29. whitestroke April 17, 2009 at 16:06 #

Agreed with everything already said about Drew.

What I’m wondering, though, is what happened to Grey Gardens. That movie was supposed to be out in the late last year, and people even talked about possible Oscar/Golden Globe nominations for Drew and Jessica. Then I thought they maybe rescheduled it for the next year. But the fact they’re putting it out NOW, and on TV instead in the cinema, is a bad sign. It means the pre-screenings showed it’s not as good as the producers hoped it would be. It’s a shame, I was looking forward to it.