Runway To “Sisters on the Road” Press Conference – Shin Min Ah In Balmain

Yesterday Shin Min Ah, attended the press conference for her new movie, Sisters on the Road in Seoul.

Just in case you haven’t had enough of Balmain this week, the gorgeous actress was head-to-toe in a modified Balmain look.

Her blouse was printed, but typically Balmain with the sculpted shoulders. Her skirt was shorten, from the runway, plus the satin panel was twisted to the side, with the zip centered.

I love how she’s interpreted this look to be more individual, without losing any of its essence. I don’t have to remind you how devastated I was when Amy Adams wore a deflated Giambattista Valli dress.

Shin Min Ah’s look was completed with Balmain studded strappy sandals created by Giuseppe Zanotti.

You can buy these from Net-A-Porter’s US site for $1,195, or the international site for £675/€828.

Free Image Hosting at www.ImageShack.us Free Image Hosting at www.ImageShack.us Free Image Hosting at www.ImageShack.us Free Image Hosting at www.ImageShack.us

Thanks to Sue Jin.

Source & Source & Source

Kendall Jenner In Oriett Domenech - 2014 Teen Choice Awards

Kendall Jenner In Oriett Domenech – 2014 Teen Choice Awards

Who Wore YSL Better? Kristin Scott Thomas or Diane Kruger

Who Wore YSL Better? Kristin Scott Thomas or Diane Kruger

21 Responses to Runway To “Sisters on the Road” Press Conference – Shin Min Ah In Balmain

1. Freida fan April 14, 2009 at 19:24 #

very cute!! im so happy she did not wear those studded runway shoes!

Nicole.

2. Fashion Critic April 14, 2009 at 19:27 #

Me too. Rihanna has killed those heels for me.

3. Vera April 14, 2009 at 20:40 #

Why has killed?

Isn’t this girl too way short for these shoulders?

Love the sandals.

4. Lo April 14, 2009 at 20:55 #

WHAT do you have against rihanna?

she is so unique.
    i don’t like that you target certain celebrities and just dislike so much of them and are so harsh.

5. Catherine April 14, 2009 at 21:01 #

Shin looks like a total train wreck! The skirt is too short. The top is hideous and not to mentio overpowering.. Her hair looks amazing, but the whole look makes her look short and dumpy. Everyone is getting carried away with balmain and not pullng back and realiing how silly they look. If she wore a different top and the runwy sandals…it would’ve been more striking.

6. Fashion Critic April 14, 2009 at 21:02 #

I don’t have anything against Rihanna. All I have said is that she has taken the shine off those studded Balmain heels because she wears them with everything.

My comments again her are not personal, they are fashion related.

7. Anonymous April 14, 2009 at 21:33 #

FC is anything but harsh. In my opinion, she always says positive things about celebrities. Many times, this is a hard feat! Yet she does it. Sometimes, when it is impossible to find anything nice about an outfit, she says as little as possible, and avoids nasty comments. This is admirable. Most fashion blogs are so insensitive, but I find this blog to be as neutral as possible in an area as subjective as fashion.

8. Fashion Critic April 14, 2009 at 21:47 #

Thanks Anon. That was so kind of you to say that in my defence.

9. Anne April 14, 2009 at 21:52 #

I’m quite sure I can see her panties plus I don’t think the big shoulders do anything good for her AND the skirt cuts her thighs on the worst place possible. The outfit is stunning, and the twist with the skirt is nice, but the rest is really not good..

10. Dana April 14, 2009 at 22:21 #

Oh FC, you’re always gonna have those ignorant people making rude comments.
    Anyway, I happen to disagree about Rihanna. I do love her style, but we aren’t talking about that on this post. :)

So- on to Shin Min Ah- I love edgy, I love Balmain. This is a bit much, though. Honestly, I just don’t get it. Shin Min Ah wears the clothes better, but the outfit itself is better on the runway model. I will always love those runway shoes, though, whoever wears them. ♥
    I don’t think Min Ah has the body for this outfit; it simply isn’t flattering.

11. Anonymous April 14, 2009 at 22:26 #

My pleasure FC, just being honest:)

12. Kasld April 14, 2009 at 22:48 #

I’m not agreeing with Annon 20:55, but sometimes your udgements are a little too harsh. But only sometimes. I don;t really come here for the tet though to be honest. Most fashion blogs are just I ike this hate that…this one is a little more in depth, but I just can’t see eye to eye with it.

13. Sue Jin April 15, 2009 at 01:29 #

Thanks for posting this!
    Min Ah does look gorgeous here. I love her strappy sandals<3

14. Louisa April 15, 2009 at 03:57 #

This is a very unflattering look for Shin Min Ah. The fit of the skirt is particularly displeasing as it fits awkwardly around her hips and upper thighs and gives off a trashy, cheap vibe.. Paired with these clunky shoes, it also makes her legs look squat. The top is marginally better but the oversized shoulder pads do not do this pretty girl justice.

This look might be great on someone else but at the end of the day you have to look realistically at what suits your figure, and not follow fashion trends and brands of the moment slavishly.

15. leo April 15, 2009 at 03:59 #

I’m geting sick of Balmain, it’s overdone. The heels look fantastic but the outfit does not fit her body right, it creates a weird shape in her, with the skirt mainly. Don’t like it.

16. Anonymous April 15, 2009 at 04:29 #

the proportions are totally off for her body type. she should not have shortened that skirt.

17. Em April 15, 2009 at 05:24 #

i love the purple + black color combination but i just don’t think the silhouette is flattering at all. it makes her look extremely boxy and overemphasizes her thighs and hips.

18. ace April 15, 2009 at 05:46 #

i got to disagree with ur thoughts on this. the look is overpowering her most definitely.

19. cari April 15, 2009 at 05:59 #

wow, god forbid FC have an opinion on her own blog! anyway, i agree, FC keeps her comments about celebrities in the fashion arena. i distinctly recall moments where i have been impressed that she hasn’t brought up current gossip even as an aside. AND she always gives credit where credit is due: she embraces celebrities who make comebacks! she keeps things classy.

i also don’t think this outfit is very flattering on shin min ah, but i give her props for trying. and geez, with beauty like that, “not very flattering,” is still pretty darn good.

20. Fashionista Chick April 15, 2009 at 11:47 #

I am loving this one..She carries it of really well…..This one was had to Pull off……But Kudos to Shin Min Ah..

21. whitestroke April 16, 2009 at 20:19 #

i don’t like that you target certain celebrities and just dislike so much of them…Wow. I wasn’t aware people are not allowed to dislike some celebs. LOL

Surprisingly, I actually like this. One of the few Balmain outfits I ever liked. It’s very fresh, a creative take on the look. I found all the comments that are questioning Shin’s tiny frame and the silhouette not being flattering on her quite conservative. I think her play on the proportions is very interesting. Tres Parisian, I would say, even though I don’t like to use that term. LOL

Btw, who’s the girl next to her? It looks like she’s wearing Chloé Spring 2009.