Leighton Meester For New York Times Magazine

Gossip Girl star Leighton Meester appears in the latest New York Times Magazine, in a vibrant editorial entitled, The Girl with Kaleidoscope Pants, shot by Terry Richardson.

The clothes in the editorial have bold colours, geometric prints, and some 80s silhouettes, but as usual I hate the make-up. Why are her eyes always so heavy?

Here are some extracts from her interview:

On her personal style influencing what Blair wears on the show: “Not at all. If anything, it’s the opposite. Her style is a little expensive for my taste, but it loudly communicates that she is who she is and that she does what she does. I find that admirable. And she’s always dressed appropriately, which I can’t always say about myself.”

On doing movies: “Well, first I’m going on a much-deserved vacation. Then I’m starting work on a comedy called Date Night with Steve Carell and Tina Fey. I play the babysitter and they go out for a date one night and everything goes awry. After that I’m starring in this crazy movie called The Roommate, which is directed by Christian Christiansen and is sort of a re-telling of Single White Female. I’m the emotionally detached narcissist, but it’s early days and I still don’t know who’s playing the psycho opposite me.”

On the rumors that she was born while her parents were in jail: “This is the type of thing that you can’t be too sensitive about – it’s not like I did anything that’s worth talking about. I love my parents very much, but people either continue or break the patterns of what their life should be and I just want to completely break whatever patterns would lead me to the same life choices that they made.”

On what happens to Blair next season: “It’s yet to be decided, but I’m definitely going to college – to NYU – and not wearing any more school uniforms. Thank god we’re not pretending we all get held back and just continue with high school like all those other high school shows. I guess I’ll wear magnificent clothes every day that don’t have anything to do with school.”

Source & Source

Share/Save/Bookmark

In Rihanna's Closet - J Brand Jeans & Christian Louboutin Deva 120 Suede Fringed Boots

In Rihanna’s Closet – J Brand Jeans & Christian Louboutin Deva 120 Suede Fringed Boots

Runway To Sidewalk - Beyonce Knowles In Balmain

Runway To Sidewalk – Beyonce Knowles In Balmain

19 Responses to Leighton Meester For New York Times Magazine

1. Sydne April 14, 2009 at 17:07 #

I completely agree. Leighton is such a beauty, there’s no need to have all that makeup. I love seeing her in real life with a fresh face. This makeup makes me think of when I was ten and my friends and I played in my mom’s makeup drawer.

2. Danielle April 14, 2009 at 17:48 #

That Jonathan Saunders dress was one of your net-a-porter favorites, wasn’t it FC :)? Think she did the dress justice?

3. Fashion Critic April 14, 2009 at 17:51 #

Yes, it was. I still love this dress.

4. kate_ April 14, 2009 at 17:53 #

she is sooo beautiful! love the jonathan saunders dress.
    besos

5. Freida fan April 14, 2009 at 18:02 #

oh wow the makeup is awful! But i like the Gucci pic.

Nicole

6. ~*juDee*~ April 14, 2009 at 18:18 #

leighton is absolutely beautiful….dont mean to sound harsh, but she looks a bit like a drugee :S

7. Fashion Critic April 14, 2009 at 18:24 #

I agree, I hate that they always make her look like this.

8. cry April 14, 2009 at 18:25 #

I hate her makeup!! She’s young and fresh, she doesn’t need such trashy red lips..

9. ZzaRaZza April 14, 2009 at 19:23 #

She’s SOO pretty but that makeup is ruining it. It’s the second shoot with her where she looks dazed or on drugs. What’s with the absent expression?

10. Dana April 14, 2009 at 21:00 #

Aw FC,
    I’m proud of you. So random. But I was looking through your archives and the old ones had so few comments. Now you get 24 comments on the previous post, 9 on this one, 6 on the next one. And they haven’t even been up long! You are getting recognition that you deserve. Keep it up :)

11. Fashion Critic April 14, 2009 at 21:08 #

Dana, thanks so much.

It’s really strange you saying that, because just yesterday I was thinking the same thing when I looked at an old post via LinkWithin

12. Bridget April 14, 2009 at 21:28 #

Who did the pumps that are paired with the Gucci dress? I really want to see that print up close…

13. Dana April 14, 2009 at 22:10 #

That’s so funny. Well, I love your site!

14. Raquel April 14, 2009 at 22:13 #

The Cavalli dress and the Saunders one are awesome. Love those.

I don’t think the clothes themselves are what gave this shooting a 80’s vibe, because the McQueen suit is the only one that has the 80’s shape.

BUT the makeup? SO 1986, red lips and dark eyes. I like the red lipstick, because she wears it very well but the eyes, no.

15. robbie April 14, 2009 at 23:54 #

i think the make-up is okay but they should have done one or the other, i think the bright red lips and the eye make-up is too much for one look.

i love the alexander mcqueen look the best, i love that design with the crystal print.

love her shoes in the gucci shot.

16. Sue Jin April 15, 2009 at 01:32 #

She’s gorgeous but sometimes doesn’t seem so photogenic(more tvgenic? If there is such a word). Especially with that unflattering makeup!

17. leo April 15, 2009 at 04:03 #

I love the styling of this shoot, she looks great, fun and flirty. The best I’ve seen her in pictures ever.

18. Cry April 15, 2009 at 10:50 #

Her shoes in the third pictures are Miu Miu (http://www.net-a-porter.com/product/37393). In the 4th picture she wears: Triple Platform Slingback louboutin (http://www.neimanmarcus.com/store/catalog/prod.jhtml?itemId=prod75660056&parentId=cat5130731&masterId=cat000199&index=30&cmCat=cat000000cat000141cat000149cat000199cat5130731) and Deborah Marquit Flourescent Lace Bra (http://www.deborahmarquit.com/step3.asp?itemno=1010&collectionno=2)

19. patti April 15, 2009 at 18:05 #

wow, she looks really bad here. and most of the colours of the clothes are too strong for my taste.