Leighton Meester For New York Times Magazine

Gossip Girl star Leighton Meester appears in the latest New York Times Magazine, in a vibrant editorial entitled, The Girl with Kaleidoscope Pants, shot by Terry Richardson.

The clothes in the editorial have bold colours, geometric prints, and some 80s silhouettes, but as usual I hate the make-up. Why are her eyes always so heavy?

Here are some extracts from her interview:

On her personal style influencing what Blair wears on the show: “Not at all. If anything, it’s the opposite. Her style is a little expensive for my taste, but it loudly communicates that she is who she is and that she does what she does. I find that admirable. And she’s always dressed appropriately, which I can’t always say about myself.”

On doing movies: “Well, first I’m going on a much-deserved vacation. Then I’m starting work on a comedy called Date Night with Steve Carell and Tina Fey. I play the babysitter and they go out for a date one night and everything goes awry. After that I’m starring in this crazy movie called The Roommate, which is directed by Christian Christiansen and is sort of a re-telling of Single White Female. I’m the emotionally detached narcissist, but it’s early days and I still don’t know who’s playing the psycho opposite me.”

On the rumors that she was born while her parents were in jail: “This is the type of thing that you can’t be too sensitive about – it’s not like I did anything that’s worth talking about. I love my parents very much, but people either continue or break the patterns of what their life should be and I just want to completely break whatever patterns would lead me to the same life choices that they made.”

On what happens to Blair next season: “It’s yet to be decided, but I’m definitely going to college – to NYU – and not wearing any more school uniforms. Thank god we’re not pretending we all get held back and just continue with high school like all those other high school shows. I guess I’ll wear magnificent clothes every day that don’t have anything to do with school.”

Source & Source

Share/Save/Bookmark

19 thoughts on “Leighton Meester For New York Times Magazine

1. Sydne

I completely agree. Leighton is such a beauty, there’s no need to have all that makeup. I love seeing her in real life with a fresh face. This makeup makes me think of when I was ten and my friends and I played in my mom’s makeup drawer.

2. Danielle

That Jonathan Saunders dress was one of your net-a-porter favorites, wasn’t it FC :)? Think she did the dress justice?

3. ~*juDee*~

leighton is absolutely beautiful….dont mean to sound harsh, but she looks a bit like a drugee :S

4. ZzaRaZza

She’s SOO pretty but that makeup is ruining it. It’s the second shoot with her where she looks dazed or on drugs. What’s with the absent expression?

5. Dana

Aw FC,
    I’m proud of you. So random. But I was looking through your archives and the old ones had so few comments. Now you get 24 comments on the previous post, 9 on this one, 6 on the next one. And they haven’t even been up long! You are getting recognition that you deserve. Keep it up :)

6. Fashion Critic

Dana, thanks so much.

It’s really strange you saying that, because just yesterday I was thinking the same thing when I looked at an old post via LinkWithin

7. Bridget

Who did the pumps that are paired with the Gucci dress? I really want to see that print up close…

8. Raquel

The Cavalli dress and the Saunders one are awesome. Love those.

I don’t think the clothes themselves are what gave this shooting a 80′s vibe, because the McQueen suit is the only one that has the 80′s shape.

BUT the makeup? SO 1986, red lips and dark eyes. I like the red lipstick, because she wears it very well but the eyes, no.

9. robbie

i think the make-up is okay but they should have done one or the other, i think the bright red lips and the eye make-up is too much for one look.

i love the alexander mcqueen look the best, i love that design with the crystal print.

love her shoes in the gucci shot.

10. Sue Jin

She’s gorgeous but sometimes doesn’t seem so photogenic(more tvgenic? If there is such a word). Especially with that unflattering makeup!

11. leo

I love the styling of this shoot, she looks great, fun and flirty. The best I’ve seen her in pictures ever.

12. patti

wow, she looks really bad here. and most of the colours of the clothes are too strong for my taste.