Who Wore Balmain Better? Rihanna or Victoria Beckham

Both Rihanna and Victoria Beckham are developing a huge love for Balmain.

We’ve seen them both in various Balmain pieces, but now they have both worn this Balmain Leather military jacket.

Rihanna wore it hers to dinner at Nobu LA with friends, whereas Victoria was first spotted wearing the jacket when she made her way to Wembley Stadium, to see her husband play for England against Ukraine.

Victoria look feels less forced. You can tell Rihanna thought about this look waaayyy too much, so Victoria wins this for me.

Aside from the Balmain Leather military jacket ($7,045), they have in common, you can shop both these ladies closets including:

Rihanna’s black Citizens of Humanity Avedon skinny leg jeans $185, and her Balmain studded crystal sandals (€1,475).

You can also shop Victoria’s Jimmy Choo Carolina clutch (£779), and her Christian Louboutin Delic heels ($660).

Source & Source

In Mischa Barton's Closet - Matthew Williamson Sequin Dress

In Mischa Barton’s Closet – Matthew Williamson Sequin Dress

In Freida Pinto's Closet - Zac Posen

In Freida Pinto’s Closet – Zac Posen

15 Responses to Who Wore Balmain Better? Rihanna or Victoria Beckham

1. Nik April 10, 2009 at 08:53 #

The top under Vicky’s jacket intigues me.

It looks like something I’ve seen her wear before…

2. Fashion Critic April 10, 2009 at 09:56 #

Nik, it’s the detachable breast panel. She has placed it under her jacket.

3. Anonymous April 10, 2009 at 11:24 #

Victoria hands down. Rihanna looks like a total mess in the whole outfit. It’s too much and overbearing. Rihanna is one of those that usually overdoes things, never hyped about what she wears.

4. Nik April 10, 2009 at 12:25 #

So it is not just a jacket?!!? But also a full on top… OMG that is making me urinate in my underoos in joy.

That Jacket is so worth the small fortune.

5. Lauren April 10, 2009 at 14:27 #

Victoria! Rihanna’s outfit is just too much, with the ripped jeans and the sandals.

6. Dana April 10, 2009 at 17:17 #

I guess I’m in the minority here, but I much prefer Rhianna. The jacket goes with HER style as it has been for years. When I think of Balmain, I think of people like Rhianna, not VB. To the contrary, I think Victoria looks contrived. Rihanna has that cool look down, but Victoria tries much harder. IMO

7. Anonymous April 10, 2009 at 18:44 #

I actually agree with Dana, and voted for Rihanna for the same reasons.

On Posh’s small frame the shoulders of the jacket just look odd.

Rihanna makes that jacket look far more animated and fun.

8. Lana April 10, 2009 at 20:32 #

I completely dislike the breast panel under Victoria’s jacket. It makes her whole top half look OTT I think.
    Rihanna has the whole edgy look going… also IMO haha…

9. Dana April 10, 2009 at 22:32 #

Haha, yes! Some supporters! Thanks guys. =)

10. Kris April 10, 2009 at 23:01 #

I completely disagree with the comments made in support of Rihanna’s overstyled, contrived, forced, and disgenuine look. Rihanna’s look in general is just comprised of every and any trend, regardless of whether or not it actually suits her as a person, her style is just that and nothing more, if you can call it style.
    Rihanna is one of the most irritating people in terms of fashion. Ayaya! :)

11. Dana April 11, 2009 at 12:17 #

hmmm.
    i disagree!
    she makes the trends work for her, not the other way around..

12. Anonymous April 11, 2009 at 16:07 #

Posh has trying to imitate Rihanna for quite some time. Don’t you guys see it. I’m not a fan of Rihana’s especailly since her initiating a violent confrotation with Chris Brown and reporting to the police ‘only’ his actions and only because he was through with her over jealous and possessive ass. RIhann however is a style demon, she misses sometimes, but this is not one of them. For people who like the norm and no pazaa – they will go with posh. But if you know fashion and you’re not afraid of color, bling or an exciting, head turning look – then it’s always going to be Rihanna.

13. Cry April 12, 2009 at 23:30 #

The jeans worn by VB are dVb Black Skinny Jeans (like these ones: http://www.jessicastyle.com/dvb-black-skinny-jeans-pic20998.jpg)
    Balmain jacket is also available here: http://www.mrsh.se/?contentpage=showproduct&kategori=119&id=2983
    This site has so much wonderful stuff (expecially by Balmain!!!)

14. Amma April 15, 2009 at 13:49 #

Both of them can come off as “trying too hard” but they most often look polished. :)

15. Anonymous April 21, 2009 at 20:39 #

To each his own, I prefer VB in the outfit. I give her the credit as she styles herself and she is more versatile and not afraid to try different looks from edgy to sophisticated. On the other hand, Rihanna tries too hard to show she can pull off edgy looks. She’s being edgy all the time, which is getting boring. Some prefer Rihanna, some prefer VB, but in my case, it goes to VB.

M