Who Was Your Best Dressed This Week?

Source

Share/Save/Bookmark

Julia Roberts In Valentino - 2014 Creative Arts Emmy Awards

Julia Roberts In Valentino – 2014 Creative Arts Emmy Awards

Runway To Red Carpet - End Of The Week Round Up

Runway To Red Carpet – End Of The Week Round Up

19 Responses to Who Was Your Best Dressed This Week?

1. Dana April 10, 2009 at 18:12 #

Never heard of Dasha, but I LOVE her look. I always tend to lean towards those with that really cool stylistic element. The leather jacket with the floaty dress and those divine shoes- amazing!

2. Anonymous April 10, 2009 at 19:57 #

Dasha.

Ridiculously hard to pull off dress. Accessorised so incredibly.

24 carat win (because it’s brilliantly executed with just the jacket and shoes but the clutch just pushes it up into superlative).

3. Lana April 10, 2009 at 20:28 #

I hate weeks like this, last week was incredibly tough, yet this week not one person jumped out at me.
    In the end I had to go with Dasha because of the accessories.

Have a good weekend all x

4. Fashion Critic April 10, 2009 at 20:40 #

Lana, it was a slow week due to the Easter holidays.

I’m sure it will pick up next week.

Have a nice weekend ya’ll x

5. Vera April 10, 2009 at 23:05 #

Honestly, it’s more correct to call Daria Zhukova ‘Daria’ not ‘Dasha’ – in Russian ‘Dasha’ is a short variant of the name. Like ‘Masha’ – ‘Maria’ (Sharapova:)), ‘Sasha’ – Alexandra, etc.

Maybe you’ll also like this event)

6. Raquel April 10, 2009 at 23:14 #

Audrey all the way. She is so chic, so efortless chic in this dress and jacket that it hurts. IT HURTS.

I really dislike Dasha’s look. The dress isn’t easy, but the shoes are wrong, and the jacket doesn’t work.

7. Parvati April 10, 2009 at 23:28 #

Although I loved Dasha’s outfit, I voted for Lucy Liu. This dress is a rather safe choice, but she looks so elegant that I had to vote her.

8. kim April 11, 2009 at 03:18 #

i voted kim kardashian. shes just soo beautiful and her dress is so cute and it is great for her.

9. ace April 11, 2009 at 04:20 #

DASHA ftw.

10. xdittax April 11, 2009 at 06:19 #

No doubt. I vote for Dasha, too.

My second and third is Audrey and Maria. They look fabulous.

11. Profashionelle April 11, 2009 at 10:43 #

LOVED Dasha in Rodarte! Gorgeous.

1. Dasha in Rodarte
    2. Audrey in Chanel
    3. Lucy in Giambattista Valli

Kudos to Kim for the Thierry Mugler dress, but for once her makeup was awful.

Happy Easter, FC! :)

12. Fashion Critic April 11, 2009 at 12:17 #

Vera when I google Dasha Zhukova, ‘Daria’ comes up.

The person from Russia who sent me the pictures of her called her Dasha, and on Style.com she is named as Dasha.

So I am a tad confused.

13. malice (Russia :) ) April 11, 2009 at 17:10 #

Fashion Critic, Vera,
    Dasha and Daria are the same name, but we call her “Dasha”, dont know why, like you say Bill Clinton, not William :)

14. Mike April 11, 2009 at 17:11 #

ginnifer looks flawless and had been working it as of late

15. Anonymous April 11, 2009 at 18:13 #

It’s like how Americans sometimes call James, Jimmy. Or Henry, Hank.

Or how you could shorten Josephine or Joseph to Joe.

It’s just the pet name version of a formal name.

Hence her real name is Daria but her pet name is Dasha because that’s the convention in her country.

Erm, does that help/make sense?

16. Fashion Critic April 11, 2009 at 19:18 #

Malice, thanks for the confirmation.

It seems that she is called Dasha everywhere, despite her first name being Daria.

17. Aly April 11, 2009 at 20:20 #

Audrey Tautou.

18. zoe aka drinkupthefashion April 12, 2009 at 01:46 #

i love how dasha zhukova wears rodarte. she wears it like it is made for her and like there is no challenge in wearing it. if i wore that dress it would probably end up wearing me–but she definitely wears this dress amazingly well.

19. Fashion Critic April 12, 2009 at 21:18 #

LOL Ling, that is exactly what I was thinking.

Always the same with Leona. The day she leaves her house without tights I think I will faint.