"Hannah Montana The Movie" Nashville Screening

When I posted Miley Cyrus’ Teen Vogue editorial, a lot of you found it very contrived. Mostly because we aren’t so used to seeing Miley as she is – a teenager.

Miley wore a figure hugging, one-shouldered Missoni Resort 2009 mini dress, to the Nashville screening of her movie Hannah Montana last night, totally contradicting what Teen Vogue were trying to achieve..

Miley is always on that very fine line of age appropriateness. If I was her mother, I would have told her to change.

Cute dress though.

Always on the right side of age appropriateness is Taylor Swift.

The singer often wears big names like Naeem Khan and Badgley Mischka, but on this occasion she wore a cute white French Connection Garden dress.

The sleeveless shift dress has a floral embroidered, sequined and beaded detail on the bodice, waist and hem.

The look was complete with her trademark curls, and metallic peep-toes.

I love this dress so much, I have to buy it. You can too, from French Connection for £160/$248.

Source & Source

Share/Save/Bookmark

In Freida Pinto's Closet - Zac Posen

In Freida Pinto’s Closet – Zac Posen

Exhibition Fetish by David Lynch & Christian Louboutin

Exhibition Fetish by David Lynch & Christian Louboutin

20 Responses to "Hannah Montana The Movie" Nashville Screening

1. rachel April 10, 2009 at 12:03 #

i think people tend to be a little bit tough on miley. i personally dont think theres anything wrong with her wearing that dress, its a sophisticated dress with a young side.
    shes sixteen now, and i know when i was sixteen i would have loved to have owned dresses like these.
    so yeh personally i dont think theres anything wrong with what miley wears.
    i think its more criminal when older women eg lisa rinna, look like mutton dressed as lamb.

2. Nik April 10, 2009 at 12:22 #

I was reading some blurbs off her recent interviews and I have a feeling Miley is one of those child celebrities who is so obsessed about how her tween image will translate into the adult market.

Case in point, the ever tween-friendly Hilary Duff (Lizzy McGuire the movie is as far as she got).

In Miley’s logic, it make sense.

I too, like most of the public, think that she is wasting her childhiid in her hurry to looking like an adult.

but yeah, cute dress…lol I love this blog(-:

3. robbie April 10, 2009 at 13:01 #

miley she can wear whatever high end designers she wants, doesnt change the fact she is a slut.

taylor though, love her. that dress is gorgeous, everything is just perfect, the hair, shoes and the dress also her make-up is gorge!

adding that dress to my wish-list.

4. Ling April 10, 2009 at 14:04 #

I love the fact that Taylor’s dress is from French Connection, I like it when celebrities wear high street brands! As for Miley – I think every teenager matures differently, I know when I was 16 I would have felt too self concious to wear a figure hugging short dress and high heels, but I guess Miley’s just trying to look more grown up (like most 16 year olds!)

5. Lauren April 10, 2009 at 14:24 #

Personally I hardly ever find anything wrong with what Miley wears, and this is no exception. I know alot of people think the clothes so wears are too ‘grown-up’ but I disagree. I have just turned 17, and I would wear almost everything she wears, and not just because of the label, but because I love the clothes. This dress is young, cute and colorful. So it suits her perfectly.

Taylor looks great as always. If I hadnt just spent all of my money I would probably buy it.

6. Anonymous April 10, 2009 at 14:26 #

I don’t see anything wrong with Miley’s dress. In my opinion, it looks VERY age appropriate and fun. She’s 16, not 12. That’s a hard age for dressing. I don’t expect her to wear poofy dresses and look 5. She’s almost an adult and that dress is a perfect sort of adult/teenage dress.

7. Fashion Critic April 10, 2009 at 14:32 #

Lauren I hear what you are saying, but if you compare Miley to Taylor, Taylor’s looks is more accessible, and that’s not just down to the price.

8. ~abi~ April 10, 2009 at 14:54 #

i also don’t understand all the miley dissing by the media. here, she looks cute, shows no cleavage, and the length of her dress surpasses taylor’s by several inches. taylor swift looks beautiful, yes, but i say miley does, too! :)

9. Mallory April 10, 2009 at 15:13 #

LOVE LOVE LOVE Taylor’s dress. I think celbrity fashions are fabulous, but there is something extra special when they don an outfit dazzling AND affordable to the public… as long as they don’t do it too often ;)

10. Princess of the Media April 10, 2009 at 16:37 #

I really agree with you Mallory. It’s great when you know you can afford wearing something you’ve seen on a celeb!!!! ;)

11. wi April 10, 2009 at 18:14 #

Taylor always looks fabulous, sophisticated and chic! Miley has a tendency to cheapen a look, i don’t know, I find her trashy :x

12. Freida fan April 10, 2009 at 22:31 #

Taylors dress is sooo pretty!
    Miley on the other hand i have always found annoying and always will as well as her fashion sense is way off most of the time.
    Her mom dresses to young for her age and the daughter too old.

nicole.

13. olivia April 10, 2009 at 23:41 #

I don’t see anything wrong with Miley’s dress. I actually prefer it ten times more than Taylor’s. I never seem to like what Taylor wears, I find her quite boring.

14. Raquel April 10, 2009 at 23:47 #

Honestly, I don’t see anything wrong with Miley’s dress or Taylor’s. I’m the first one to scream “dress your age” at those teens – or barely out their teens, like Taylor – but I think Miley is okay.

Yeah, it’s one shoulder and it fits her body, but it’s not that short. I was wearing similar stuff when I was her age – not that expensie, of course. I think the fact there are so much color in it adds point to the funky factor, dowplaying the sexyness.

This one thing that I really think makes a difference when a teen celeb is wearing couture: the colors. If the dress was black with a diamond brooch on the shoulder, I would be screaming “you are not 25!”, but this is okay.

I understand what Lauren is saying. It reminds me an old Project Runnway episode where the designers had to create prom dresses for several real life teenagers. Nina Garcia kept pushing that the dresses were not age appropriated but most of the girls loved their dresses. It was a perfect example of the gap between real life people and fashion people and even more so of the gap between adults and teenagers.

You can’t expect teenagers watching Blake Lively and Leighton Meester palying teens at GG wearing all those adults dresses (Serena in herver Leger’s bondage dress anyone?) to just wear frills and bows and cutesy all the time.

That said I agree with whoever said Miley always get in the short end of the stick. Demi Lovato and Selena have worn much adult-ish stuff and none of them got the same backlash. Taylor herself has worn some dress that were too mature for her.

LOVE the shoes.

15. Princess of the Media April 11, 2009 at 15:04 #

Maybe Blake Lively and Leighton Meester wear adult dresses but they are so cute… Always fabulous!!!!

16. Anonymous April 11, 2009 at 20:05 #

Whenever I see people making comments about Miley and any other Nickelodeon and Disney ‘tweens I wonder if it has to do with the critics being old fashioned and out of touch.
    If anything I looked at the magazine spread that Miley did as a severe reach. I don’t expect to ever see any present day 16 yr olds flower girling and riding ponies through the enchanted pastures esp not her.

17. Cry April 14, 2009 at 14:20 #

Taylor’s shoes (with FC dress) are Brian Atwood Nakata Cutout Pumps (http://www.jessicastyle.com/brian-atwood-nakata-cutout-pumps-pic25590.jpg)

18. Cry April 14, 2009 at 14:31 #

Miley’s shoes are Locomotion Sandal, available on Neiman Marcus: http://www.neimanmarcus.com/store/catalog/prod.jhtml?itemId=prod75980007

19. Ksenia February 14, 2010 at 23:15 #

Oh please turn down the Miley’s-Dressing-Too-Old comments. I think this Missoni dress works for Miley and it works as a dress in itself here. I actually like Missoni on Miley and I don’t think it is a bad thing if a young person wears a designer that is usually worn by anyone older. I give two thumbs up for Miley,

~Taylor is sweet in her sugary dress as she is in person.